Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
What do your parents think? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:12 pm
Lifesucks411
XWraith_LordX
Lifesucks411

When they took me in the church I pretended that I was on fre it was SO FUNNY.
But in all reality my life is pretty dark and funny.
My parents also blame me for being this way cause of my friend. just because he drinks blood kicks puppy's and brings every one he hates down doesn't make him a good friend. But behind all that is a good friend he watch's out for me.
And you wonder why we get a bad rap... rolleyes
It least it was funny and that it was
I do not find harming animals/harmless things funny in the least, I find it low and cruel.

As for the other stuff, I don't give a damn about it. I'm just saying that that kind of....stuff, is normally looked down upon by people and what your friend is doing isn't helping how society views us goths, so the next time you want to complain about the way the world sees us, shut up and think twice.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:19 am
XWraith_LordX
Lifesucks411
XWraith_LordX
Lifesucks411

My parents also blame me for being this way cause of my friend. just because he drinks blood kicks puppy's and brings every one he hates down doesn't make him a good friend. But behind all that is a good friend he watch's out for me.
I do not find harming animals/harmless things funny in the least, I find it low and cruel.

As for the other stuff, I don't give a damn about it. I'm just saying that that kind of....stuff, is normally looked down upon by people and what your friend is doing isn't helping how society views us goths, so the next time you want to complain about the way the world sees us, shut up and think twice.

SO there. razz

Anyway there are two ways the world view could go if it moves away from the currrent one regarding goth... acceptance... or see you all as a bunch of knee jerk, reactionary, ivory tower assholes who are too good for society... because sadly thats how the second loudest bunch of goths comes across. ><  

Rellik San
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:06 pm
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Lifesucks411
XWraith_LordX
Lifesucks411

SO there. razz

Anyway there are two ways the world view could go if it moves away from the currrent one regarding goth... acceptance... or see you all as a bunch of knee jerk, reactionary, ivory tower assholes who are too good for society... because sadly thats how the second loudest bunch of goths comes across. ><
Why do they get to ruin it for the lot of us??? gonk 'Guess there will always be people like that. You just have to deal with some things in life....be strong about it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:24 am
XWraith_LordX
Lifesucks411
XWraith_LordX
Lifesucks411

I said all the other stuff is funny, I personally think hurting animals is wrong. Every bloody time I see my friend with a animal I feel like kicking his a**.  

Lifesucks411

JTHMFrAeK-Ghoat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:28 pm
My mom hates goth, punk, skinhead, and everything. So I just tell her I like black XD  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:22 pm
1st my mom mocked me, then she became a kinkster, now i can mock her  

AEtherclaw

midnightwings34

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:10 pm
well back in 7th grade my parents went away on vacation and my aunt came over to watch me. she had those amazing tripp pants on. she showed me hottopic and it felt like i was in heaven! i got my first tripp pants.
my parents came home. my dad was ok with this new change in me.
my mom freaked. she hated it. she tried getting me away. she thought it wasn't "proper" enough.
it still didn't stop me from being who i am.
it shouldn't matter what people dress up in or anything. its just the way you are and i am  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:14 pm
my parents used to hate it. they said it was a phase i would grow out of......never did. i'm 24 and i'm not really goth more of a circus, goth, grunge, hippie.
no labels really...but when i was in high school.....my parents really hated that i was differant. you know the whole story with that.
my best friend is your typical goth, my other one is a type all her own, like me. after school you really don't care what your parents think.....just do what makes you happy smile
that's all anyone can do in this life you never know when it will end......on that note, life never really ends...death is just a new begining....just not in this world as you know it to be now.
kinda went on a ramble but oh well. smile
take care

-winnter  

winnter_spirals

Friendly Shapeshifter

12,550 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Trickster 100
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Haunter 250
  • Team Jacob 100

Labradorescence

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:28 am
My parents let me do what I want, but they don't like it very much. My mother is always trying to buy me non-black clothing. They are slightly scared of my music, but they don't take it away or anything. They aren't big fans of me talking to people I don't know online, but they just tell me to be careful.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:58 am
My mom is totally okay with it, She is kind of a goth herself. She doesn't mind that her kids are a goth and a metal head as long as it doesn't affect studies. As for my dad, he didn't even notice the goth or metal thing going on, which on the good side, I don't want to find out his reaction when he finds out.  

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

VampyricOrigins

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:11 am
My Family Is Kind Of Split On That Topic....Most Dont Mind Because They Know That Im Still "The Same Person" But The Others Believe The Old BS About How We Worship Satan And All That....Personally I DOnt Care If My Family Likes How I Dress...It's Me ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:39 am
Vampyr Heartagram
My mom is totally okay with it, She is kind of a goth herself. She doesn't mind that her kids are a goth and a metal head as long as it doesn't affect studies. As for my dad, he didn't even notice the goth or metal thing going on, which on the good side, I don't want to find out his reaction when he finds out.

Why is he a bit reactionary? Because from what I can gather if he married your mother, he mustn't be to fussed about it.  

Rellik San
Crew

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:10 am
Rellik San
Vampyr Heartagram

Why is he a bit reactionary? Because from what I can gather if he married your mother, he mustn't be to fussed about it.

Well, you got it right, except that it was okay at the time he married her(23 years agoo).but, about 14 years ago a satanist problem occured in Egypt, and the goths and metallers were blamed for it, so the reaction to such interest is different now. I'm better off without him knowing.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:53 am
My parents couldn't care less, really. My dad's a big metalhead, so I can see why he doesn't care. My mom says she was goth once, but apparently she's not now... So I don't know.  

Twisted Maggot

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:39 pm
Isis11213
My parents couldn't care less, really. My dad's a big metalhead, so I can see why he doesn't care. My mom says she was goth once, but apparently she's not now... So I don't know.
My father used to be one, but in secret. Then he met my mom and he had to completely give it up.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff