Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:20 pm
missmagpie

What is the world coming to?
Don't oppress me! Vampires and Dragonkin are cool and better at magick than you'll ever be!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:25 pm
TeaDidikai
missmagpie

Don't oppress me! Vampires and Dragonkin are cool and better at magick than you'll ever be!

And I've got my character stat sheet here to prove it!  

Sivirs

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:33 pm
missmagpie
"My spirit guide is a white wolf."

Or conversely,

"My totems are wolf, eagle, tiger, lion, cheetah, falcon, stag, buffalo, elk, antelope, swan and platypus."

"My spirit guide is a Raven. He taught me to be a warrior" Has anyone heard of the Raven ever being a warrior? I have heard trickster and mystic, and teacher, and sometimes thief, but never warrior.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:34 pm
Sivirs
TeaDidikai
missmagpie

And I've got my character stat sheet here to prove it!

"I am a half-golem, half-terrasque in real life"

*Terrasque was pronounced tearah skew by this person.*  

jaden kendam

Kal Eldritch

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:19 pm
deadmanjake
missmagpie
"My spirit guide is a white wolf."

Or conversely,

"My totems are wolf, eagle, tiger, lion, cheetah, falcon, stag, buffalo, elk, antelope, swan and platypus."

"My spirit guide is a Raven. He taught me to be a warrior" Has anyone heard of the Raven ever being a warrior? I have heard trickster and mystic, and teacher, and sometimes thief, but never warrior.
Didn't the Morrigan appear as a Raven from time to time?

...I've always pronounced it terah skew...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:30 pm
"There were all sorts of Celts. Celtic Romans and even Celtic Eygptians!"  

maenad nuri
Captain

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:39 pm
Sovereign of Darkness
deadmanjake

Didn't the Morrigan appear as a Raven from time to time?

...I've always pronounced it terah skew...

Morrigan is seen with Ravens but I don't think as one. She's not really a trickster, though. Odin is closer, also seen with ravens, but I've never felt the tenor of the animal people of the like of Raven and Anansi and the rest was quite the same as gods.

And I velieve it should be pronounced "terr-aask" by the spelling.

"Every Wiccan ritual is different. Every tenant, every termonlogy varies from Wiccan faith to Wiccan path."  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:46 pm
Deoridhe
I think the original spelling is Tarasque - at least that's what I'm getting from Wikipedia and its sources. So "Tah-rask" might be in order.

Quote:
"Every Wiccan ritual is different. Every tenant, every termonlogy varies from Wiccan faith to Wiccan path."
Like you'd know any different! You're just part of a sect of Pagan!  

Henry Dorsett Case

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:50 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
Deoridhe
I think the original spelling is Tarasque - at least that's what I'm getting from Wikipedia and its sources. So "Tah-rask" might be in order.

(AD&D Dork Alert!) I've heard both "terr-aask" and "tah-rask." Last I checked a Monster Manual, I can't remember is there was a pronunciation guide, so I'm not certain if there's a "official" pronunciation.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:54 pm
AngryRobotsInc.
(AD&D Dork Alert!) I've heard both "terr-aask" and "tah-rask." Last I checked a Monster Manual, I can't remember is there was a pronunciation guide, so I'm not certain if there's a "official" pronunciation.
'Cept that the Tarasque predates D&D by a good long while - apparently, the Tarasque is originally mentioned in a story of Saint Martha. A bit of the history here (I just found the site for Tarascon, and am still looking through it myself).  

Henry Dorsett Case

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:56 pm
Henry Dorsett Case
AngryRobotsInc.
'Cept that the Tarasque predates D&D by a good long while - apparently, the Tarasque is originally mentioned in a story of Saint Martha. A bit of the history here (I just found the site for Tarascon, and am still looking through it myself).

Well now, you learn something new every day. If I'd paid more attention in CCD classes, I'd probably have known that.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:59 pm
AngryRobotsInc.
Well now, you learn something new every day. If I'd paid more attention in CCD classes, I'd probably have known that.
And to get back on topic:

"And that's why Saint Martha is more powerful than Mary in Santeria!"  

Henry Dorsett Case

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:00 pm
Oh, I just remembered one.

"To become Wiccan, you have to read 10 books on it. This week, I'm reading (I can't remember the title she gave). It's by Silver Ravenwolf."  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:06 pm
AngryRobotsInc.
"(I can't remember the title she gave). It's by Silver Ravenwolf."
To Verb a(n) Adjective Noun, I'd wager.

Ever notice how none of those reading lists seem to include the Gardnerian, Internet, or Farrar BOS?

That's because Gardner isn't really the source of the Wiccan religion. It's got ancient roots, and during the Burning Times our predecessors were singled out just for being witches!

Sadly enough, the italicized above is a paraphrase from the website of Deborah Lipp, a Fluff author who, even if her bio page is truthful, never achieved higher than a second degree in a recognized Wiccan tradition.  

Henry Dorsett Case

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:13 pm
Who am I, afterall, to tell you what you can and cannot believe? Therefore- Be a Fluffy! It doesn't matter!  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games