Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

Drachyench

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:28 pm
In warhammer warbands, I held off a Tomb Prince and his guards for the whole game, eventually killing the Prince.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:30 pm
i had 2 guardians kill a dreadnought eek while the dreadnought was pointed at one, the other shot it from behind and got 2 glancing hits, BOTH of them rolled 6's on the damage chart! THAT, my friends, is luck. ((my opponent swore at me in so many ways.... whee ))  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

darth603

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:49 pm
Something funny from the days when the codex chaos v.3 was still out there:

Daemonettes charge a Tau Ethereal and his gun drones. The Ethereal takes a wound but manages to rout the Daemonettes. The following turn, he chased down the Daemonettes (he charged and they failed their Morale check), then got redirected into a Chaos Space Marine squad, which he quickly routed and ran down.

The running joke was that one of the Daemonettes ripped the centerfold in his copy of PlayTau.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:57 pm
Okay 2 high elf mages. Both with "Flames of the Pheonix". 40 man... errm RAT! units of Skaven, 2 irresistable forces. the first roll..... 40 dice and 40 6's....... Hrrrrmmm odd. Second unit, 40 dice and 40 6's wtf. No they wern't weighted either.  

Dark-oneechan

Gracious Grabber

darth603

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:23 pm
Dark-Krazy
Okay 2 high elf mages. Both with "Flames of the Pheonix". 40 man... errm RAT! units of Skaven, 2 irresistable forces. the first roll..... 40 dice and 40 6's....... Hrrrrmmm odd. Second unit, 40 dice and 40 6's wtf. No they wern't weighted either.
Mmmmm skaven. The Imperial Guard of WFB. blaugh

I remember one other battle, during the Eye of Terror campaign I had a Khorne Lord mounted in a converted attack bike in a four- way mega battle against two Tau players. My Lord manages to get his bike into close combat with the tau squad holding the fire escape stairs. The next round, he manages to squirm his bike into the fire escape (no difficult terrain checks because its all consolidation and "pile in" moves...), and fights his way up the side of the building. He wiped out of the one squad, so he consolidated into close combat with another squad on the roof and proceeded to fight his way back down the building's inside stairwell and was back on the ground floor when the game ended.

Unfortunately, he somehow rode straight past two Ethereals and didn't notice them...  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:28 pm
Two squads of Undivided Chaos Marines, each with about 12 men. This against 31 necrons, which have charged them. Just as the last squad is about to be anihilated, in come my Berzerkers. By the time that battle's over, there are two warriors left in that assault: An Undivided Chaos Marine with a bolt pistol and a chainsword, and the Necron Lord.

Four turns later, down goes the Lord... that's gotta hurt his pride.  

Prodius

Abyss

Beloved Soldier

7,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:58 pm
nice but not as nice as what my command squad did. My hero and his sqaud were in a rino well I was intercepted by a Hammerhead and 3 squads of firewarriors. Well they blow up the tank but my men inside all survived without taking a wound. Well the got out and were surrounded. Well my lass cannon on top of the rino takes out the hammerhead while my commander and bolters mow down one squad of Tao in one round. Next round I get lucky again and made over 20 armor saves from the attacking fire warriors well i move my men close to them to at least get into assult range. Well after that turn only my force commander was injuryed in round. That pissed me off so i mowed down half a squad then went into assult into anther squad after that round they failed there moral and ran off the board by luck. That day my commader wears a shoulder pad from a tao armor ((actully i ran out of marine arms so i went with a chain sword arm from a squad of imperal gaurd that my friend bought and was a spair and a tao arm holding a pulse carbine it looks sweet))

Anther great moment was when I had a Predator tank fighting one on one with a hammer head since my squad was wiped out and i didn't have my command sqaud in since the rino they were in went off the baord into a setting sun (( i love saying that)) well only thing i got was a Auto cannon well i got lucky and got a 6 and did a glanceing hit and made it in moble it was a happy day for me hehe  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:44 pm
Impossible for several reasons.

1) Rhinos CANNOT have lascannons
2) Destroyed vehicles cannot fire weapons, only immobilised ones and
3) people inside an Imobilised tank do not recieve wounds from outside fire, unless its a HUGE shot, like from an ordnance gun.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Cagalli Yura Attha

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:04 am
DarkElf27

3) people inside an Imobilised tank do not recieve wounds from outside fire, unless its a HUGE shot, like from an ordnance gun.

1 - correct, but its quite possible he means Razorback. It is essentially a Rhino with a lascannon. An expensive 90 point Rhino with a lascannon.
2 - correct, but I do not see him refer to a dead vehicle firing
3 - even then, they'd only have to make a save if the tank was destroyed... plus he said his Rhino retreated off a table edge. Not that they died... Just they were close to the line and failed a morale check..  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:52 am
Cagalli Yura Attha
DarkElf27

1 - correct, but its quite possible he means Razorback. It is essentially a Rhino with a lascannon. An expensive 90 point Rhino with a lascannon.
2 - correct, but I do not see him refer to a dead vehicle firing
3 - even then, they'd only have to make a save if the tank was destroyed... plus he said his Rhino retreated off a table edge. Not that they died... Just they were close to the line and failed a morale check..
neutral vehicles dont take morale checks, OR fall back. And he said that when the tank allegedly blew up, none of his guys died, but later the supposedly blown up tank shot down a Tau tank.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Cagalli Yura Attha

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:15 am
hm. I very rarely understand that guy..  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:34 am
Cagalli Yura Attha
hm. I very rarely understand that guy..
what guy?  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Cagalli Yura Attha

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:21 am
Abyss
stuff that makes no sense

this guy.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:51 am
Cagalli Yura Attha
Abyss
stuff that makes no sense

this guy.
ahh.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Abyss

Beloved Soldier

7,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:01 pm
DarkElf27

hehe sorry about the confustion
!. it wasn't the rhino that had a las cannon it was my heavy support marine
2. same reason as one unless your refurring to my rhino running off the borad and still possable its a perioce blow were the tank is hit and then rolls d6 to see how far it will continue before stoping and since my rhino was only 2 inches from the side of the table witch i just found out today that it's wasn't possable to do hehe cause my part of miss reading the rules on the vechals
3. And you know what a hammrhead has a railgun with a ordnance blast.

thanks Cagalli Yura Attha helping me out but on three he was talking about when my command squad was surrounded when the hammerhead distoryed it. also note that those to events were two diffenrt games i should of stated that hahaha my bad on that.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games