Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Secret Of The Moon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:31 pm
Happy: Im not homeless yet
Crappy: here we go, im currently in the process of being kicked out of the house, with no world experience, no money, nowhere to go, no friends caring enough to take me in for a few days to get me straight, no one thinks of me as a friend anymore, all the people who i think are friends are using me to get there own personal desires, for example, one of my best friends has a crush, on another best friend, now, i agree with one friend about her ideas, but i know something about one best friend that my other best friend doesnt know, so im a bind there, and ill end that part of the friends there, anyway, continuing, the two of my closest and most loved people are scared of me, from my appearance, to the way i act, i scare them, and im scared im gonna lose one, if not both of them
i swear i must sound emo there, but anyway, this is all the stuff im allowed to talk about, everything else i either want to keep inside because its too personal, or im not allowed to go into detail about said things

Hope for the future(my added bonus) : i get together with my one best friend, and both my closest dont desert me  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:14 am
Happy: I have a boyfriend that is exactly what I wanted.

Crappy: I don't get to see him until May. Also, college is exceedingly difficult. And I'm having trouble keeping up with everything. But I'm trying. And I seem to be losing my friends from before college who meant the world to me. Being 9 hours away from the nearest one doesn't help much. Apparently we weren't as good of friends as I had thought. I hate finding that out.

Hopes: Don't really have any. LEarned not to. It's harder to be disappointed that way and you are almost always happily surprised.  

Skrae

Tipsy Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

DruidWitch82

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:57 pm
Happy: I'm moving soon

Crappy: I'm having trouble finding a job in my new location.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:36 pm
I just have to put this down, or I will lose my mind. I know I'm breaking the rules, and I'll probably piss someone off, but I'm really annopyed right now.

How in the WORLD do you expect to encourage people to be open-minded and willing to learn when you create an entire post meant to be belittling and condescending to the very people you are reaching out to? NOT OKAY in my book. You cannot facilitate learning by insulting people.  

spaceprincess18

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:23 am
spaceprincess18
I just have to put this down, or I will lose my mind.

Melodrama doesn't really belong here.

spaceprincess18
I know I'm breaking the rules

Not that I can see.

spaceprincess18
and I'll probably piss someone off

Yup.

spaceprincess18
How in the WORLD do you expect to encourage people to be open-minded and willing to learn when you create an entire post meant to be belittling and condescending to the very people you are reaching out to?

The basic premise of the guild is to help those who want help. If they are not willing to admit to their mistakes and own up, then they don't really want help.
The "worst things you can say as a pagan" thread quotes things that shouldn't be said by rational people. I mean, have you read it at all or are you just rallying on general principle.

spaceprincess18
NOT OKAY in my book.

What experience do you have curing people of fluffdom?
What are your numbers?
What is your technique?

spaceprincess18
You cannot facilitate learning by insulting people.

Actually, in my vast experience, you can.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:08 am
smile - I'm no longer throwing up everything I eat.

biggrin - So I can enjoy chicken again.

sad - Being at home makes me realise how dependant I am on people. I hate being stuck in away from the important people in my life.

whee - Emilie Autumn is good.  

Funa Spectrum

spaceprincess18

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:29 pm
Cuchullain
spaceprincess18
I just have to put this down, or I will lose my mind.

Melodrama doesn't really belong here.

spaceprincess18
I know I'm breaking the rules

Not that I can see.

spaceprincess18
and I'll probably piss someone off

Yup.

spaceprincess18
How in the WORLD do you expect to encourage people to be open-minded and willing to learn when you create an entire post meant to be belittling and condescending to the very people you are reaching out to?

The basic premise of the guild is to help those who want help. If they are not willing to admit to their mistakes and own up, then they don't really want help.
The "worst things you can say as a pagan" thread quotes things that shouldn't be said by rational people. I mean, have you read it at all or are you just rallying on general principle.

spaceprincess18
NOT OKAY in my book.

What experience do you have curing people of fluffdom?
What are your numbers?
What is your technique?

spaceprincess18
You cannot facilitate learning by insulting people.

Actually, in my vast experience, you can.

I don't know what you think my rant is about, but I'm thinking you've misunderstood me. This has nothing to do with the 'worst things you can say as a pagan' thread. It was about something ENTIRELY different. I don't appreciate you tearing into me over something that a) was nothing more than a rant on a bad day, because this is a rant thread and that's what they are for, and b) you don't even really know what it's about.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:34 am
spaceprincess18

I don't know what you think my rant is about, but I'm thinking you've misunderstood me. This has nothing to do with the 'worst things you can say as a pagan' thread. It was about something ENTIRELY different. I don't appreciate you tearing into me over something that a) was nothing more than a rant on a bad day, because this is a rant thread and that's what they are for, and b) you don't even really know what it's about.

Then perhaps you might wanted to have included context, because I certainly had no clue what you were talking about and assumed it was about us.  

maenad nuri
Captain

spaceprincess18

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:49 pm
Nuri
spaceprincess18

Then perhaps you might wanted to have included context, because I certainly had no clue what you were talking about and assumed it was about us.

I was purpously vague because it did have something to do with a thread on Gaia about fluffies and I wanted to avoid an argument in case the person who wrote the thread frequented this guild. That said, it is not at all difficult to ask for clarification and not jump to conclusions. Instead, somebody made assumptions and made it a bigger deal than it really was. It dissappoints me greatly that people in a guild that is about talking to people and educating them are so hesistant to actually talk to people and understand them.

I understand the frustrations faced with the same idiots over and over, but preconcieved notions and assumptions get us nowhere.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:38 am
spaceprincess18

I was purpously vague because it did have something to do with a thread on Gaia about fluffies and I wanted to avoid an argument in case the person who wrote the thread frequented this guild. That said, it is not at all difficult to ask for clarification and not jump to conclusions. Instead, somebody made assumptions and made it a bigger deal than it really was. It dissappoints me greatly that people in a guild that is about talking to people and educating them are so hesistant to actually talk to people and understand them.

I understand the frustrations faced with the same idiots over and over, but preconcieved notions and assumptions get us nowhere.

Understanding goes both ways -- if you make that sort of post, people are going to assume that you mean in the context of the thread. You are just as much responsible for the meaning of your message, as the person decoding it.

So really, I understand why Reagun jumped, even though he probably should have asked for more clarification. I felt the twitch too, but decided to let it be. Your post made sense in the context of the topic, so that is how it was perceived. If you want something to remain that vague, put it in Ineffable Experiences. Vague is in Vogue there.

And I have to disagree with "Melodrama doesn't really belong here". If it can't exist in a rant topic, where could it?  

maenad nuri
Captain

Poisen_Lotus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:01 pm
Happy: having a relatively good hair day, didn't kill my solo in guitar clinic
Managed to to homework for week

Crappy: I have bad parents that treat me like s**t, foget my birthday (or just don't care) and generally treat me like I'm adopted. (Oh wait I am)
Had a bad day, slept it off.

Indifferant; alone for V-day, while attractive my slight eccentrisity scares men away. There all pussies. Sisters B-day this week gotta get her a present  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:48 pm
Nuri
spaceprincess18

Understanding goes both ways -- if you make that sort of post, people are going to assume that you mean in the context of the thread. You are just as much responsible for the meaning of your message, as the person decoding it.

So really, I understand why Reagun jumped, even though he probably should have asked for more clarification. I felt the twitch too, but decided to let it be. Your post made sense in the context of the topic, so that is how it was perceived. If you want something to remain that vague, put it in Ineffable Experiences. Vague is in Vogue there.

And I have to disagree with "Melodrama doesn't really belong here". If it can't exist in a rant topic, where could it?

It was just a rant, I figured it belonged in a rant thread where it would most likely be ignored for the rant it was. Just something simple to get off my chest so that I could move on and worry about the other things in my life that are more important and far more stressful. I honestly didn't think anyone would care enough to read it, much less jump all over me. I didn't think I had to be super detailed about it, and honestly, I didn't care enough to be super-detailed about it. This whole issue is dumb to me.  

spaceprincess18

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:35 am
Nuri

I should have phrased that better. I was busy twitching. I was trying to articulate "that specific melodrama doesn't belong here, take it up with us in PM" or some such.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:17 pm
Cuchullain
Nuri

I should have phrased that better. I was busy twitching. I was trying to articulate "that specific melodrama doesn't belong here, take it up with us in PM" or some such.

And I would have, had the issue been what you thought it was about. Honestly.
But whatever, it was poorly worded because I thought nobody would care enough to actually read what I wrote since that tends to happen a lot, and it caused confusion.  

spaceprincess18

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:31 am
I burnt myself making my muffins yesterday. I turned the wrong way to see what my son was getting in to, and whacked my arm against the top of the oven. And then my SO made me go to bed with it wrapped up, and all he could find was an ACE bandage that covered me from wrist to shoulder ( I'm a short little bugger).  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games