Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ
Questions, Comments, and Concerns Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CLCyrus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:13 pm
Can someone explain to me in idiot's terms how the whole battle system works? Why does it include so many fractions and decimals? -slumps-  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:37 pm
CLCyrus
Can someone explain to me in idiot's terms how the whole battle system works? Why does it include so many fractions and decimals? -slumps-
Its built to be as close to the DS games as possible.
So pretty much you can take what you know about the in game battle system and use it here. The bulk of our system is the same any way.

Does this help a little ? I can do a lot more explaining but i dont want to over whelm you with one super post so if your willing lets go one step at a time k ?  

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

CLCyrus

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 4:18 am
Ohhmaru-Concoo-Tanoweichi
So pretty much you can take what you know about the in game battle system and use it here. The bulk of our system is the same any way.

Does this help a little ? I can do a lot more explaining but i dont want to over whelm you with one super post so if your willing lets go one step at a time k ?

Right. So, I'll just go read up on the games' systems then. -. - I don't know anything about the system the games use.

Can someone explain how the system works in the simplest way possible? And, by that, I mean take the stat (not status condition) information in the Battle Info thread and pretend you're telling it to an idiot. Please?  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 5:17 am
CLCyrus

Right. So, I'll just go read up on the games' systems then. -. - I don't know anything about the system the games use.

Can someone explain how the system works in the simplest way possible? And, by that, I mean take the stat (not status condition) information in the Battle Info thread and pretend you're telling it to an idiot. Please?

Ok ill do it this way.

Lets say this is your current pokemon

Quote:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ( Bulbasaur ) Male
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
█ grass ◆ physical █►Vine Whip▐ -45
█ poison ◆ other █►Poison Powder▐ -Poisons Opponent
█ grass ◆ special █►Energy Ball▐ -90, 1/2 chance of lowering target's special defense
█ normal◆ other █►Growth▐ -Raises both user's physical and special attack by one stage
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Held item:User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Miracle Seed: Grass type attacks do x1.2 damage
Ability:Overgrow: When HP is below 1/3rd Grass type attacks do x1.5 damage
Hp: 100 Condition:
Lv: 10

You get +10 Hp every level.

lets say your using vine whip. Its going to do 45 points of damage. Its will do double damage ( x2 ) if your fighting a pokemon who's weak to grass type moves such as a water type.
It will also do quadruple damage ( x4 ) if your fighting a pokemon who has two types that are both weak to grass type moves such as Rock/Ground type.
You can use any type damage calculator found on google to figure out what moves are best used against what.

The Ability Overgrow increase the damage of vine whip by 1.5 or 50% when the pokemons Hp is at or below 1/3 or 33% of its maximum total hp. ( not all ability's work the same )

The item Miracle seed increases vines whips damage by 1.2 or 20% at all times. 20% of 45 is 9 so Vine whip will do 54 damage.

you can use this program to figure out the increases & decreases

An increase or decrease from moves such as growth or energy ball is 1/10th or 10% of the moves base power. In this case 10% of 45 equaling to 4.5 ( rounded down to just 4 ) so a vine whip would do 49 points of damage. Every time you used growth the power would increase by 10% maxing at 60%.

You also get an extra 10 point of damage to each move you use for every 10 levels past 10. So if the Bulbasaur was level 21 Vine whip would do 55 points of damage.
You also get a +10 damage decrease every 10 levels past level 20. So if this same Bulbasaur was taking a vinewhip of the same power as its own ( 55 )
it would only take 45 due to its own damage buff.

Is this better ?  

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:28 pm
Loonamist

Do we still get EXP when capturing a wild Pokemon a la Pokemon X, Y and beyond?  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:38 pm
Shadow - Dragon
Loonamist

Do we still get EXP when capturing a wild Pokemon a la Pokemon X, Y and beyond?

If you defeat the pokemon, yes : ) If you don't, then no, but so long as you get the pokemon's HP to 0, you get full exp for battling that pokemon ^^  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:02 pm
Since I have Simon traveling to rp with another person can I have one of his sisters take one of his Pokemon to the Day Care so I can also rp there with others as well?  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:09 pm
Shadow - Dragon
Since I have Simon traveling to rp with another person can I have one of his sisters take one of his Pokemon to the Day Care so I can also rp there with others as well?

Yes, though you can also send your pokemon to the Day Care from a pokecenter, or even your pokedex, really : ) So long as you don't have them in two places at once (in the party and at the Day Care), you can get them to the Day Care however you want ^^  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

CLCyrus

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 5:55 pm
We can catch the Pokémon we encounter through the Odd Incense, right?  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 5:58 pm
CLCyrus
correct.  

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

CLCyrus

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 6:05 pm
CLCyrus
correct.

Thanks, Ohm~! And, thanks for the whole battle information thing. Another thing....Can I roll for the type of Pokémon the Odd Incense will attract now and put a notice in my posts, but hold off on using it for awhile? Or, do I have to use it right when I roll for the type?  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 6:15 pm
CLCyrus
CLCyrus
correct.

Thanks, Ohm~! And, thanks for the whole battle information thing. Another thing....Can I roll for the type of Pokémon the Odd Incense will attract now and put a notice in my posts, but hold off on using it for awhile? Or, do I have to use it right when I roll for the type?
It doesnt matter. Iv held into one for close to half a year and its a bug type. I just keep a note on it so i know.

And your welcome ^__^ id hoped i had explained it good enough for you sweatdrop  

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:26 pm
Is there an idea on holidays that get celebrated in the guild? I'm pretty sure the next major holiday is Memorial Day which most people get confused with Labor day, etc so aside from that we have nothing until July 4th for the Americans in our group. I've got a bank calendar so if you want options we have...Mother's Day (5/10), Armed Forces Day (5/16), Memorial Day *5/25), then maybe 6/14, flag day?  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 12:38 am
Shadow - Dragon
Is there an idea on holidays that get celebrated in the guild? I'm pretty sure the next major holiday is Memorial Day which most people get confused with Labor day, etc so aside from that we have nothing until July 4th for the Americans in our group. I've got a bank calendar so if you want options we have...Mother's Day (5/10), Armed Forces Day (5/16), Memorial Day *5/25), then maybe 6/14, flag day?
We have some in mind but i think Spec's is holding off on them to cut back on give away's and just let the members get into a good old fashioned RP feel for a little while

We talked a while back about the number of potential holiday events and give away's and it was agreed that along with the monthly give away doing all the meager holidays as events or give away leads the guild down the road of PHL where an event might run to long or the members end up getting more pokemon then they need or can handle. Another reason why we removed the two character limitation for older members. I would say Labor day could be our next small one but somethings come up recently and the crews a little stretched of late so we might end up skipping it. I know this isn't exactly a good answer but its true sweatdrop  

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 12:43 am
Shadow - Dragon
We have some in mind but i think Spec's is holding off on them to cut back on give away's and just let the members get into a good old fashioned RP feel for a little while

We talked a while back about the number of potential holiday events and give away's and it was agreed that along with the monthly give away doing all the meager holidays as events or give away leads the guild down the road of PHL where an event might run to long or the members end up getting more pokemon then they need or can handle. Another reason why we removed the two character limitation for older members. I would say Labor day could be our next small one but somethings come up recently and the crews a little stretched of late so we might end up skipping it. I know this isn't exactly a good answer but its true sweatdrop

lol, Labor day was last month though! I'm guessing you mean Memorial Day. Yeah the Summer is hard up for holidays which is just why I asked. I never understood how come people would have too many Pokemon though, isn't that the point of all Pokemon games, etc.?  
POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games