Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
📣 Introduce yourself here so we can welcome you! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:59 pm
Tala Maxwell
Greetings, My name is Tala Maxwell, I've been on Gaia since 2004 where I initially started roleplaying with a few friends before discovering the marketplace... I used to enjoy buying and selling right up until everything started going awry and prices skyrocketed... cat_sweatdrop Anyhoo, I still enjoy roleplaying, but things have started to become rather quiet with friends leaving for pastures new (That and my new job keeps me busy lol*) cat_rolleyes

I personally find it a shame that Gaia has taken an increasingly downward spiral in recent years, I used to enjoy the events where you worked for your items and didn't have to spend gold or real life cash just to get where you needed. Hopefully with Gaians putting their feet down and those in charge possibly starting to listen, things might change for the better cat_smile

Gaia has always been a place I return to, I've rarely been away from the site but must admit after the recent 'mess' that sent veteran users running for the hills, I've become a little disheartened, with everything needing to be purchased for the equivalent of £50 (or more) in real money or millions of hard earned Gold, it really upsets me to see the site the way it has become.

Like others, I'd love to see the site return to its former glory and will try my hardest to help in any way that I can cat_3nodding

Hi Tala Maxwell! Your history with Gaia sounds similar to mine, and I share your sentiments in so many ways. I'm just thrilled that you decided to join us! WELCOME!!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:00 pm
bluegeam
Hello, my name is Bluegeam. 😥

Been a member since 2007 (is 18 now so I started young, sheesh!).

Anyway, I'm kind of a jumper in the breedables around school time. But during the breaks I am in almost any competition I can get my hands on. I love art and dabbling in the photobucket scene.

So far I have been helping people around Gaia with their banners and signing a few threads. Its not much, but I feel it is the right thing to do and help out others.

While my skills are not top notch, I refuse to pay for the kits and other sites, I am willing and happy to create people banner. If you are ever in need of one just send me a message and we can chat. Later on tonight I will probably set up my journal with my past banners. XD meanwhile, stare at the one below.

~From your friendly neighborhood Bluegeam.

Hi Bluegeam! Your banners are lovely, and I'll be sure to take a look when you set up your journal! I'm so happy you decided to join us here!

WELCOME!!  

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:01 pm
Moons Eternity
I've been more lurker than anything else recently. Hiding out in feedback and mainly in quest areas.

So, lurker since 03, nice to meet you all ^_^

Hi Moons Eternity! I'm so happy you decided to join us!! Feel free to lurk, post or almost whatever you might like here. You're amongst friends. WELCOME!!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:02 pm
Madame Xiva
Tala Maxwell
Greetings, My name is Tala Maxwell, I've been on Gaia since 2004 where I initially started roleplaying with a few friends before discovering the marketplace... I used to enjoy buying and selling right up until everything started going awry and prices skyrocketed... cat_sweatdrop Anyhoo, I still enjoy roleplaying, but things have started to become rather quiet with friends leaving for pastures new (That and my new job keeps me busy lol*) cat_rolleyes

I personally find it a shame that Gaia has taken an increasingly downward spiral in recent years, I used to enjoy the events where you worked for your items and didn't have to spend gold or real life cash just to get where you needed. Hopefully with Gaians putting their feet down and those in charge possibly starting to listen, things might change for the better cat_smile

Gaia has always been a place I return to, I've rarely been away from the site but must admit after the recent 'mess' that sent veteran users running for the hills, I've become a little disheartened, with everything needing to be purchased for the equivalent of £50 (or more) in real money or millions of hard earned Gold, it really upsets me to see the site the way it has become.

Like others, I'd love to see the site return to its former glory and will try my hardest to help in any way that I can cat_3nodding

Hi Tala Maxwell! Your history with Gaia sounds similar to mine, and I share your sentiments in so many ways. I'm just thrilled that you decided to join us! WELCOME!!
Many thanks for the welcome smile  

Tala Maxwell

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

35,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:02 pm
lunar Kyra-hime
Madame Xiva
lunar Kyra-hime
Ello my names Kyra, ive been a member for about 7 years but went on haitus till almost a year ago, Stuck around for the RPs and my friends
I get Gcash occasionally when I can afford it but that's only every couple of months now with me having to get medication and such
It sadden me to see Gaia going the way it is and I hope the Admin will listen to us

Hi Kyra! I'm so happy you joined us! WELCOME!

Thank you ^^ I apologize if I seem quiet im just a shy person

No need for an apology at all! I'm so happy you posted, and I'm even happier that you joined us! heart  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:22 pm
Hello~
This is Yuki here.
I'm 18 1/2 and active since 2010.
I kind of just stumbled across this movement a few minutes ago and I remembered a site I used to be on. TinierMe. Some might know it.
Thinking of it still enrages me. I wasn't exactly aware of the GC problem as I missed like what? 7 year of Gaian history? Anyways, that site, TinierMe, relied pretty much ONLY on cash. Items that could be bought with the gold you could earn on the site - very slowly - looked like crap. There was no effort put into them at all, while the cash items were gorgeous.
Others - not me - spent thousands of dollars on this site.
And then - all of a sudden - there was the announcement that they had run out of money and would shut the site down.
And as if that wasn't bad enough already: they were taking money for items till the very last second. SO enraging.

Aaand anyways, since I definitely don't want Gaia become/end like that, here I am. New member of the revolution.

Nice to meet y'all~  

Slothvely

Salty Rogue

16,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200

TwinkelenS t a r

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:50 pm
Madame Xiva

Hi Twinkle! I'm so happy you accepted my invitation! It's so nice to see you here. I'm with you...I've never purchased GC either, and I miss the good ol' days too! Again, I'm glad to see you here! WELCOME!!!

Thank you for such a warm welcome! n_n  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:52 pm
Hi everyone,

I'm Nick and I joined in 2007, this account is a shared account between my irl best friend as well as my partner.
I can be quite sarcastic but I'm nice most of the time.
But at this stage, I would like to say that Gaia completely sucks now and that someone should change the Gaiaonline Wiki page to something like:
"Gaia's downfall in 2013, ....., in the top 10 for having the most expensive irl money community forum, does not listen to customers, lots of people leaving...etc."

But thank you xx I met my fate xx for the invite. smile  

Google

Noob

Effingo

Mewling Lunatic

9,975 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Miasmal Lake Visitor 25
  • Restorative Spirit 250
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:57 pm
CookieYuki16
Hello~

We reach for the heavens....

I remember Tinier Me! It was such a cute site...at first. I remember how things were becoming more and more like a pay to play site. It's a pity they let themselves die. =/ Greed in excess is just asking for it to fail.

...because we are made of s t a r s

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:23 pm
CookieYuki16
Hello~
This is Yuki here.
I'm 18 1/2 and active since 2010.
I kind of just stumbled across this movement a few minutes ago and I remembered a site I used to be on. TinierMe. Some might know it.
Thinking of it still enrages me. I wasn't exactly aware of the GC problem as I missed like what? 7 year of Gaian history? Anyways, that site, TinierMe, relied pretty much ONLY on cash. Items that could be bought with the gold you could earn on the site - very slowly - looked like crap. There was no effort put into them at all, while the cash items were gorgeous.
Others - not me - spent thousands of dollars on this site.
And then - all of a sudden - there was the announcement that they had run out of money and would shut the site down.
And as if that wasn't bad enough already: they were taking money for items till the very last second. SO enraging.

Aaand anyways, since I definitely don't want Gaia become/end like that, here I am. New member of the revolution.

Nice to meet y'all~

Hi Yuki (LOVE your username)! It's so nice to have you here with us, and I've heard about TinierMe. Sadly, there is a fair amount of speculation that this is the same path Gaia is going down. I hope it's not true, but it certainly DOES feel like it.

At any rate, I'm thrilled that you came to join us. WELCOME!!  

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

Madame Xiva

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:25 pm
NETGEAR
Hi everyone,

I'm Nick and I joined in 2007, this account is a shared account between my irl best friend as well as my partner.
I can be quite sarcastic but I'm nice most of the time.
But at this stage, I would like to say that Gaia completely sucks now and that someone should change the Gaiaonline Wiki page to something like:
"Gaia's downfall in 2013,....., in the top 10 for having the most expensive irl money community forum, does not listen to customers, lots of people leaving...etc."

But thank you xx I met my fate xx for the invite. smile

Hi Nick! I've seen many of your posts in the forums, and I'm so glad you decided to join us!! I hope you find this guild to be a good fit for the changes we'd like to see with Gaia. WELCOME!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:52 pm
Hi, everyone. Thanks for inviting me. redface I'm Ebele, but you can just call me Ashley. I joined Gaia in 2006 on another account and have been on the site ever since. I've made wonderful friends here, created a nice group of OCs to roleplay with said friends/acquaintances, and just expressed my love of gold shop items from time to time. I like Aidan Quinn, creating art, and food.

I'm also a user that has never bought GC because of financial restraints holding me back. College stuff and all that jazz. I've always been embarrassed to say that since everyone around me seems to have spent GC at some point, but now? Not so much. A community member is always a community member regardless of how they contribute. Gaia should value that, seeing that they're a freemium site, but they really don't. They seem to care less about the community's best interests through their unprofessional business tactics as the days go on, and while I love this site, I can't see myself ever supporting it if their new motto is to upset users.

EbeleRoderick

Chic Bear

mewktea

Doting Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:05 pm

well, hm.

my name is lily, and i've been on gaia ever since mid-2010. so, i've only been on gaia for several years, meh, no big deal—but this place is like my second home. if this site went down, i would have no place else to go on the internet. i literally live on this website, because i've made so many friends here and they are amazing people that i would've never been able to get to know if it wasn't for gaia.

i would definitely hate to see this site die. i'm already disgusted by the many gc offers they were making, and for such ridiculous prices! i mean, i'd just ignore it if they were just throwing out offers once every month for a actual reasonable price... but geez, really? flynn's booty screwed up the gaia economy, and now these "special" gc offers are happening so often that they weren't even special anymore. the users' pleas and complaints seem to be completely ignored, while the users' wallets seem to be the main target of the company now. fifty dollars for some pixels? hah! the highest they've ever charged for an item before was ten dollars, as far as i'm concerned. but they're multiplied that by five! it's incredibly ridiculous, and i could just go and write an entire novel about how gaia had strayed off onto the wrong path, but i guess i should just stop here.

*sigh*

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:18 pm
EbeleRoderick
Hi, everyone. Thanks for inviting me. redface I'm Ebele, but you can just call me Ashley. I joined Gaia in 2006 on another account and have been on the site ever since. I've made wonderful friends here, created a nice group of OCs to roleplay with said friends/acquaintances, and just expressed my love of gold shop items from time to time. I like Aidan Quinn, creating art, and food.

I'm also a user that has never bought GC because of financial restraints holding me back. College stuff and all that jazz. I've always been embarrassed to say that since everyone around me seems to have spent GC at some point, but now? Not so much. A community member is always a community member regardless of how they contribute. Gaia should value that, seeing that they're a freemium site, but they really don't. They seem to care less about the community's best interests through their unprofessional business tactics as the days go on, and while I love this site, I can't see myself ever supporting it if their new motto is to upset users.

Hi Ashley! Welcome to our guild! I'm Fate, one of the crew members here at Revolution: Gaia. We are so happy you could join up with us!

I agree whole heartedly with your views and let me reassure you that the kind of Gaia you want is exactly what we're trying to achieve here. For many of us Gaia is home on the internet and we aren't going to let our home be taken from us like this.

Thank you so much for coming to our little guild, I hope you enjoy it here! If you haven't already, check out our Rules just to get yourself familiar with them. Otherwise, have fun here. This guild isn't all about serious issues, we like to have fun too so feel free to join the conversation and help us start some events to get this place hoppin'!

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or if you know any users that should be invited to the guild.  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Slothvely

Salty Rogue

16,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:22 pm
Madame Xiva
CookieYuki16

Hi Yuki (LOVE your username)! It's so nice to have you here with us, and I've heard about TinierMe. Sadly, there is a fair amount of speculation that this is the same path Gaia is going down. I hope it's not true, but it certainly DOES feel like it.

At any rate, I'm thrilled that you came to join us. WELCOME!!

Thank You. C:

And I guess noone wants this to be true, but it's not that bad yet.
The marketplace is really a big plus - TinierMe never had something like that, which made the cash problem even worse.  
🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games