Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Orcs and Goblins Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pontius Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:53 pm
That almost makes sense, except that I frequently put Black Orc Characters on Boars, which I would assume would be even heavier.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:29 pm
Choppa's only work for Orcs on foot right? Not mounted Orcs, not goblins, not small children named Kevin...  

Clockwork_Creep

Dangerous Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Pontius Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:11 pm
lord_illpalazzo
Choppa's only work for Orcs on foot right? Not mounted Orcs, not goblins, not small children named Kevin...

Oh crap, that's the ticket. I completely forgot about that.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:32 pm
Pontius Pirate
That almost makes sense, except that I frequently put Black Orc Characters on Boars, which I would assume would be even heavier.

Maybe those are rare, extra-strong boars?  

Lethkhar

Pontius Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:02 am
Lethkhar
Pontius Pirate

That makes pretty good sense, almost like a Wyvern, and how much of a b***h they are to foster. Still, I think that Black Orc Boar Boyz would make an exceptionally badass cavalry unit, albeit way overpriced.

Probably looking at 35 points per guy.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:44 am
Pontius Pirate
lord_illpalazzo

Oh crap, that's the ticket. I completely forgot about that.

Ack! I'm guilty of it as well sweatdrop  

Hellwolve

Clockwork_Creep

Dangerous Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:14 pm
Alright, so my next Fantasy project is a Warboss on an Iornback Boar. How should I build it? My friend suggested covering a normal boar with shields and adding a sort of engine to it.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:48 pm
Is the Battle Ax of the last Waagh that good?  

Reddemon

Pontius Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:00 am
Reddemon

Depends on the context. Of course it is. Throw in the price, and I'm going to opt for a large no.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:05 am
lord_illpalazzo
Alright, so my next Fantasy project is a Warboss on an Iornback Boar. How should I build it? My friend suggested covering a normal boar with shields and adding a sort of engine to it.

Maybe take the boar that Gorbad Ironclaw has, with barding and all, and putty that effect all over him, then have some steam vents jut out or some such?  

Pontius Pirate

Reddemon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:20 pm
Pontius Pirate
Reddemon

Depends on the context. Of course it is. Throw in the price, and I'm going to opt for a large no.
Good, as my gobbo buddy is heads over heals for it, and he seems to only tell its bonuses  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:50 pm
Pontius Pirate
Lethkhar
Pontius Pirate

That makes pretty good sense, almost like a Wyvern, and how much of a b***h they are to foster. Still, I think that Black Orc Boar Boyz would make an exceptionally badass cavalry unit, albeit way overpriced.

Probably looking at 35 points per guy.

35? You're short about 10 points.

They'd be at least 4pts more then a Big 'Un Boar Boy, at least. They'd also throw nothing good in, as, except for the 2+ save, they're the same as a Big 'Un boar boy (Except maybe the 1pt of leadership).

Still, if they DID come out with some Black Orc boar boyz, and they weren't 40+pts a model with no upgrades, I wouldn't complain.

Also, turns out, maxed, I can take 5K points of Orcs. Well, 4,940. Plan to fix that by getting 2 squig herds.  

Drachyench

Xander Tsunami

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:35 am
Do Chicks dig Squigs?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:18 pm
I wouldnt say so. They are mouths on legs, rude & crude. Lol, sounds like some guys I know  

Reddemon

Genestealer Sam

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:29 pm
I'm a new Orc General, along with being new to Warhammer Fantasy period. I still love my 40k Orks and their little kill-trukks though.

What I have is mainly the Orcs and Goblins sections from the last two starter kits (Battle for Skull Pass and the one with Empire and Orcs), along with an Orc Warboss Box. I'm just gonna go ahead and soak up the knowledge that's accumulated over the last couple of pages.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff