Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Slytherin Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 181 182 183 184 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:07 pm
Jasmine Acacia
Slytherin Sixth Year Prefect and Keeper

Jasmine had gotten a late start. She had decided to leave her bed as late as possible. She had been up all night trying to get in some observations for astronomy. She was glad to have seen Jupiter and a couple of the circumpolar asterisms, but she wished she could have seen more.

The prefect was busy tying her hair up in a bun while her equipment dangled from her body. Her helmet was around one of her wrists and her broom was slung across her back. She only tied her hair up so that the helmet would fit properly. Thinking was an important part of not only being a student, but the game.

Arriving on the pitch, she had to smile at all the first years who had shown up. It was the same thing every year. Some of them never even had ridden a broom outside of class. At least when she tried out her first year, she had the advantage of having her father. Her father who not only played keeper for Ireland, but was its team's captain. He was certainly one of Jasmine's inspirations for playing.

Of course, there were also the returning members. Ronyo of course, was there. Virgil, Darius, Eretria, and Belle were there as well. Jasmine wondered where Vanessa was. Certainly the vice-captain wouldn't miss her last year of playing for Slytherin. Hopefully she had not given up. Jasmine had almost done that after last year when they lost every single game. After the summer scrimmage, she felt pretty confident.

"Sorry I'm a bit late. I was observing all night," the prefect explained as she took a form from Ronyo. She glanced at it, expecting it to be the same form from years before, but this form was different. Memories of the scrimmages came back to her as she filled out the form.

Username Violet the Maestro
Character's Name Jasmine Acacia
House Slytherin
Year Sixth
Advanced Flying I Yes
Advanced Flying II Yes
Years of Previous Quidditch Playing 6
Any Special Skill Great Catch, Dang Healthy, Hold the Line
First Choice Position Keeper
Second Choice Position Beater

OOC: Pretty good for a phone post eh?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:35 pm
Allister Blasterblade
First Year-Slytherin--Single-Pure Blood

╔═══════════════════╗

Height: 5’4” ☣ Weight: 110lbs ☣ Age: 11

╚═══════════════════╝

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Allister noticed all the other students grabbing forms so he walked over, grabbed one and filled out the form.

Username: Greatdman
Character's Name: Allister Blasterblade
House: Slytherin
Year: 1st
Advanced Flying I: no
Advanced Flying II: no
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1
Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Great Catch, and Deft Dodger
First Choice Position: Seeker
Second Choice Position: Chaser

User Image  

Greatdman15

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:05 pm
User Image
Amanda Davis
Fourteen: Slytherin Chaser

Amanda walked onto the pitch, a Cleansweep Two in hand. The same one she used during her first year at Hogwarts before she was able to get her own broom. A sigh of annoyance was released as she looked over it. She grabbed a quill and parchment and quickly filled out the try out form.

Username: kiska166
Character's Name: Amanda Davis
Year: 4th
Advanced Flying I: Yes
Advanced Flying II: Yes
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 3
Any Special Skill: Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger, Good Arm
First Choice Position: Chaser
Second Choice Position: Beater

You Touch Me..
I break you.
wearing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:30 am

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Third Year, 𝔅eater
User Image

Dom hoped he wasn't too late, perhaps it wasn't the brightest ideas to walk Eliora all the way down to the common room, but, at least some were still hastily scribbling on their try out forms. He strode with long legs to the small stack of forms on trunk. Bending over, he felt the bludger rustling inside.

Username: Essy ze Ninja
Character's Name: Dominic Montague
Year: Third
Advanced Flying II: Signed up
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: Two
Any Special Skill: Dang healthy, Mean swing, Deft dodger,
First Choice Position: Beater

╔═══════════════════╗
Height: 5’7” ☣ Weight: 159lbs ☣ Age: 13
Quidditch Field
with the Slytherins

╚═══════════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:06 am
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image
Annabelle Emery Rich
Sixth Year Seeker, Slytherin Prefect
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════════╗

Grinning wickedly, Belle brushed blonde bangs out of her eyes, she hung in the back and watched to see who would arrive rather than socialize. Since the death of her mother, she'd been acting, differently. Her father noticed it, but said nothing, her boyfriend acknowledged, but, didn't know what to make of it all. She sighed, chewed her tongue, and followed in line to fill out a form.

Username: Essy ze Ninja
Character's Name: Annabelle Rich
Year: Sixth
Advanced Flying II: Yes
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: Four
Any Special Skill: Sharp eye, Natural flyer, Great catch
First Choice Position: Seeker
Fashionably: Classy
Troubles: Patience

╚══════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:57 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Daniel Kiremono~Slytherin First Year~Half-Blood

Daniel ended up arriving after the main cluster of players, though he noticed people were still handing in their applications. He filled his out quickly, and handed it in as well. As a first year, he expected he would likely end up a reserve player, but it was better than nothing. And...he was willing to try any position, except for Seeker. While he wanted to show his sister up, he had no desire to face her directly in a field where he would end up directly challenging her and possibly publicly losing. Maybe another year, but for now...well, sending a Bludger her way certainly appealed to him.

Username: Nanashi Kage Enjeru
Character's Name: Daniel Kiremono
Year: First
Advanced Flying I: No
Advanced Flying II: No
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 0
Any Special Skill: (Undecided, to be chosen to suit position)
First Choice Position: Beater
Second Choice Position: Keeper (though Chaser would also be welcome.)  

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

Xistund

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:21 pm
User Image
Darius Silver
ᗡɐɹıns Sılʌǝɹ

Second YearSlytherinBeaterHalf-Blood

User Image
₯arius sighed a bit as he saw Dominic and nearly all hope of him being one of the main members of the team where shot down. Why could he had not been born one year earlier then he could have had even footing with the true beater of the team. He didn't think he'd be lucky enough for the boy to get sick and miss all his games two years in a row.
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:44 pm
Vanessa Hopwell
7th year Slytherin
Vice captain and chaser

Vanessa rushed out onto the pits in a hurry. Her nimbus 3000 was slung over her shoulder and she was tugging her gloves on as met up with the others. "sorry i'm late, I was reviewing for my NEWTs i didn't realize the time." Since the pitch was empty except for the team so her soft voice was easily heard. The majority of the Main team was there, as was some of the spare players from last yar.

Position: Chaser Vice Captain
AC: 15
Modifiers: +5 to scores and steals
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Good arm, Swift Swipe
Lives: [ ❤ ] [ ❤ ] [ ❤ ]

(better format to come)  

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:24 pm
User Image

Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Seventh Year
Quidditch Pitch/ Slytherin Practice

Seeing the majority of the main team and many of the reserves with the new tryouts gathered Ronyo smiled and took the last few forms and looked them over for a bit. Virgil and Darius were returning and so would get first pick for reserve team. Ronyo knew they likely hated the spot but it still meant time in practice and would mean first pick when the others graduated or decided not to play, or move to a new spot. With Ronyo graduating as well as Vanessa that would open a Beater and Chaser spot on the team. Darius had shown real promise as a beater when he subbed in for Dom, and would likely take the spot. Virgil put in for keeper and seeker, and both Bell and Jasmine would graduate the following year letting him pick the spot he wanted to focus on. With a smile he looked at the other four and made a quick team out of them for the try out game.

"Alright everyone, good to see you lot again," Ronyo nodded to the returning team, "and I'm glad to see you two back again, you got determination that will help you go far," Ronyo nodded to Darius and Virgil, "and to you new try outs welcome. This year is Vanessa and mine's last year here at Hogwarts, which means I aim to take that trophy so you all can have something to defend next year. We are going to be practicing a lot this year, more than we did last year so be ready. Before we pair up I would like to make one quick announcement," Ronyo smiled to Vanessa and then waved a hand towards Jasmine, "You all need to start paying attention to this young lady right here, because next year she will be leading you on the field. She's got Quidditch in her blood and I suspect she will do a better job in leading then I have done so far.

Alright now main team take your positions and put these new recruits through the paces,
" Ronyo smiled at his team and gave them a wink, then turned to Darius and Virgil, "Darius you did a good job filling in the beater spot last year, and that shows in the long run. I would like you to return as Beater reserve, so grab a bat and head up to help out the newbies. Virgil I think you would do well defending those rings, grab a helmet and head on up to the recruits side. You two are the veterans to these recruits so lead them up there," Ronyo turned to the remaining four and smiled seeing the new faces look on ready to start playing, "Daniel, Allister, and Peter try out the chaser spots and see how you do working together up there. Jaslyn your going to be taking on Belle, let's see how fast you can be," He turned to the group and put his hand over his broom to which it snapped up to his waiting grasp, "I'll watch from the side as the teams are uneven but should still be a good test for everyone. Now get up there and I'll let the crazy ones loose."

Ronyo waited for the groups to take to the sky and get into position facing off. He smiled seeing what was basically the old generation versus the new generation of the Slytherin team. He waved a hand over the trunk and it opened with a quick pop and snap. Another wave and the bludgers were loose and on their way, next Ronyo let the snitch free and the little golden trouble maker took off to tease the seekers, and then he grabbed the quaffle and flew up just a ways where the chasers faced each other and gave a strong toss to send the ball up and to signal the game to start. He quickly moved to the side of the pitch as he hovered and watched the game play out.

User Image

((OOC: Everyone please know we are using the NEW Quidditch rules that Dia has worked so hard on. Please review it in the rules here http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=19828923 if you need a refresher. After try-outs I will be holding actual real practice games here for people to get use to the system more and more while we have any down time in games.))

Devlyn Maycry rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:38 pm
I'm always screaming my lungs out 'til my head starts spinning
Playing my songs is the way I cope with life
Won't keep my voice down
Know the words I speak are the thoughts I think out loud

JASLYN ADDYSON ROSS

Wearing

|||Slytherin|||Pureblood|||Second Year|||

User Image User Image
Jaslyn was in the air the second she was told she was facing Belle. She glanced at the older girl and grimaced. She wondered if she could really hold up to her skills. Belle hadn't really played last year, but Jazz was sure she was good if she was the team seeker. Jazz scanned the pitch as she silently circled, she really wanted to catch the snitch and show up everyone who thought she couldn't do anything right.
User Image
OOC:Position: Seeker
AC: 12
Modifiers: (+2 for Spotting) (+2 for Catching)
Special Skills: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
Life 1 Life 2 Life 3
19+ to spot
22+ to catch

Love interest: Chance?

Let's leave no words unspoken
And save regrets for the broken
Will you even look back when you think of me?
I know to keep my hopes up high
And my head down low

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Essy ze Ninja rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:58 pm
My life is so cold
User Image
Annabelle Emery Rich

The moment she was given the chance, she mounted on her broom and glanced at the fleeting form of Vanessa rise into the sky a bit behind everyone else. It made her realize just how desperately she needed to finish her OWLS, after all, she only had so long before they'd let her make it up for last year after what had happened. Belle grinned as she waved an enthusiastic hand towards the snitch that sprang to life and bounced away with high velocity, only to realize that the younger girl had already taken off before her.

That made her smile just a little wider.
[[On mobile]]
Health:
L1 L2 L3
Skills: Natural flyer (+2), Great catch (+2), Sharp eyes (+2),
Four years Experience (+2)
Advanced Flying 1&2 (+3)
A C:
10+(2+2+3)=17
+7 to seek/snitch

Devlyn Maycry rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:12 pm
I'm always screaming my lungs out 'til my head starts spinning
Playing my songs is the way I cope with life
Won't keep my voice down
Know the words I speak are the thoughts I think out loud

JASLYN ADDYSON ROSS

Wearing

|||Slytherin|||Pureblood|||Second Year|||

User Image User Image
Jaslyn glanced over when Belle joined her in the air. She quickly looked away before she lost her nerve. The girl was four years older than her and most likely a whole lot better at Quidditch than her. Jazz doubted she even stood a chance against her. Her eyes scanned the pitch constantly hoping that she just might get lucky and spot the snitch before the other seeker did.
User Image
OOC:Position: Seeker
AC: 12
Modifiers: (+2 for Spotting) (+2 for Catching)
Special Skills: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
Life 1 Life 2 Life 3
19+ to spot
22+ to catch

Love interest: Chance?

Let's leave no words unspoken
And save regrets for the broken
Will you even look back when you think of me?
I know to keep my hopes up high
And my head down low

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Xistund rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

Xistund

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:21 pm
User Image
Darius Silver
ᗡɐɹıns Sılʌǝɹ

Second YearSlytherinBeaterHalf-Blood

User Image
₯arius nodded and grabbed one of the bats and flew to the air. He moved the bat from his right hand to his left hand. As he looked for a target. The first one he saw was Jazz and Annabelle. Smiling He took aim and shot at Annabelle.
User Image

Position: Beater
AC: 13
Modifiers: {+2 AC} {+2 Hit}
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Mean Swing and Dang Healthy
Lives: [~] [~] [~] [~]  
Golden Anbu rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:26 pm
Vanessa Hopwell
7th year Slytherin
Vice captain and chaser

Vanessa pushed off as soon as Ronyo launched the ball in the air. She knew they had to do decently this year. There was no way the blond would let the team not win the cup at least once. She pushed her broom forward with her hand out stretched hoping to get to the ball before the New tryouts. She was the vice captain after all and although it hadn't been good seasons for her the past two years she planned on making it better this one.

Position: Chaser Vice Captain
AC: 15
Modifiers: +5 to scores and steals
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Good arm, Swift Swipe
Lives: [ ❤ ] [ ❤ ] [ ❤ ]

(better format to come)  

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Essy ze Ninja rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:26 pm
My life is so cold
User Image
Annabelle Emery Rich

Wind whistled in her ears and whirled through the small strands of blonde hair that escaped her tight knit bun pinned on top of her head. Pale green misty eyes darted left and right vigil of her opponent and of the golden snitch, Belle leaned close against her broom, sliding forward for less wind resistance as she circled the top of the field where, she swore she thought saw it.

Health:
L1 L2 L3
Skills: Natural flyer (+2), Great catch (+2), Sharp eyes (+2),
19+ to spot, 22+ to catch
AC: 10+(2+2+3)=17
+7 to seek/catch

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 181 182 183 184 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games