Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
Mpreg Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mpreg
  :D
  D:
View Results

Shinju Umiko

Rainbow Reveler

17,575 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:59 am
I think I thought it was a bit lame at first, but now I find it quite adorable. ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:28 pm
I like how everyone likes to use the argument that male pregnancy is impossible. Even when they're talking about Harry Potter. It gives me a good laugh.

If I'm reading a fanfiction (an author's fictional re-writing or interpretation of another author's work) of a story that is CLEARLY fiction, then I'm going to go ahead and throw some more "fiction" into the equation. Why not? It's my right as a reader to read what I want. But the author has to make some kind of explantion like "of course you can get pregnant! We've got spells for that! You think the wizarding world can't create an artificial womb? Please!." Any fanfic that takes place in the real world that has mpreg is disconcerting. Like House. Or CSI. But, someone in the world likes it, and that's all that should matter :]  

TamosClaro

Jack_Palahniuk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:43 am
MPreg is gaining on me lol.
I used to read it but not be too fussed about it, now i find myself looking at characters and thinking...hmm, wouldnt they just look adorable with a baby bump?
Harry Potter MPreg, i agree with TamosClaro that theres has to be som kind of explanation as to why they can get pregnant. Its not just a...natural thing really is it?
But then again I read other MPregs for other fandoms in real life but i only really like them if theres a decent enough explanation for it that isnt to do with the guy being a hermaphrodite.
My friend wrote an MPreg (and is forcing me to write one lol) and th guy involved was part of a scientific experiment which altered his hormones and had a liquid parasite in him that...lik a virus, spread through his system and created a faux womb.
Yes its a bit....far fetched and futuristic, but we haven't kinda just gone OH! hes pregnant! that happens a lot its a natural thing. -_-
If i see that in a fic that isnt Harry Potter then i just switch off.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:58 am
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.
I like Mpreg but only if it is incredibly well done. And I mean incredibly. Like, I need to be blown away for it to be bearable.  

Belial the Worthless

Ligand

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:09 pm
I don't like it when it is the main focus of the fic. I'm definitely not a fan of it, but I won't rage quit a fic just because it's in there. I've read a lot of great pieces where Draco or Harry just happened to get preggers. That being said, I effing hate it when the fic focuses on the pregnancy, and one character walks around like a moody preggo chick.

I also don't see Harry as the type to have kids. He was an orphan. I always imagined he'd be more inclined to adopt a child in need as opposed to making new ones.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:05 pm
I was a bit freaked out when I first read about it, but now I'm a HUGE fan. XD The reason is simple: It's the ultimate angst! What could possibly be more dramatic? Of course, the story has to be well done though. I strongly dislike it where it turns out to be a normal thing to happen. There needs to be a potions accident, creature inheritance, or something to cause it. I read a particularly good one called Indago the other day. It involved creature inheritances (but not your usual kind) and very good explanations. =3 Totally suggest it to anyone who's up for a mature read.  

Lux Fallere

Shady Bunny

21,265 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Hunter 50

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:18 pm
Alsafi
I was a bit freaked out when I first read about it, but now I'm a HUGE fan. XD The reason is simple: It's the ultimate angst! What could possibly be more dramatic? Of course, the story has to be well done though. I strongly dislike it where it turns out to be a normal thing to happen. There needs to be a potions accident, creature inheritance, or something to cause it. I read a particularly good one called Indago the other day. It involved creature inheritances (but not your usual kind) and very good explanations. =3 Totally suggest it to anyone who's up for a mature read.

Ooooh? What's the pairing?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:11 am
[Ren The Ryoko]
Alsafi

Mainly Draco/Harry, but there's quite a bit of Draco/Harry/Snape thrown in. 3nodding  

Lux Fallere

Shady Bunny

21,265 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Hunter 50

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:41 am
Alsafi
[Ren The Ryoko]
Alsafi

Mainly Draco/Harry, but there's quite a bit of Draco/Harry/Snape thrown in. 3nodding

Who gets pregnant?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:49 am
[Ren The Ryoko]
Alsafi
[Ren The Ryoko]
Alsafi

Who gets pregnant?

=) Poor little Harry is the one with the bun in the oven. Draco and Snape are the dominants. Want the link? (please note: the story is definitely over pg13)  

Lux Fallere

Shady Bunny

21,265 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Hunter 50

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:56 am
That has gotta hurt.
Generally speaking, unless its Zeus getting the man-pregnancies, i suspect that this is a bad idea turning most guys into 'Mr. Seahorse', here. gonk
But i digress, so pie me if you must and make of it what you will.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:46 pm
Alsafi
[Ren The Ryoko]
Alsafi
[Ren The Ryoko]
Alsafi

Who gets pregnant?

=) Poor little Harry is the one with the bun in the oven. Draco and Snape are the dominants. Want the link? (please note: the story is definitely over pg13)

Lol. Yes. Hit me up with a PM.  

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Lux Fallere

Shady Bunny

21,265 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Hunter 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:19 pm
[Ren The Ryoko]
Alsafi
[Ren The Ryoko]
Alsafi
[Ren The Ryoko]
Alsafi

Who gets pregnant?

Lol. Yes. Hit me up with a PM.

Will do! XD

Edit: I forgot to mention, there are two sequels. It's the first sequel that a baby actually shows up in. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:55 am
I seriously read a couple for them before I figured out what mpreg even meant. The fanfics I read of Harry/Draco were really good so I don't mind it at all. It is so intense, it is a nice change from all the fluffy love stories I stick to. I question a lot of it, but I trust the writer to explain.  

kabulin

silverdreams92

5,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:44 pm
Mpreg is kind of an iffy topic for me. I don't mind it too much if it's written correctly. It can be very interesting, but I've had quite a few bad experiences with stories that contain mpreg. So I don't actively look for it.  
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff