Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
»SimP is likely INSANE.« [INSANITY 28SEPT-27NOV] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Goal: Run (most of) a 5k by August 20!

View Results

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:06 pm
In order to build muscle, you have to cause micro-damage to the muscle--that's the mechanism that tells your body "hey, get to building!" When that micro-damage occurs, it affects the cellular membranes of your muscles and allows them to take on additional water. The extra weight isn't even bloating or anything like that, it's just your muscles holding on to some extra fluids.

As they start to repair, they'll shed that fluid and you'll probably see a sudden and dramatic drop in your weight.

Since you're starting a major muscle building program, it might be better to rely on measurements instead of the scale for awhile. It's also possible that you've come to a plateau and if that's the case, all the effort in the world isn't going to make those numbers budge.

And if sweets are your downfall, try picking up a box of brownie mix and substituting an equal amount of apple sauce for the oil that the box calls for. I bake mine in a 13x9 pan and get 20 brownies (about 2x3inches) for ~100 calories a piece. If you want bigger brownies, you can cut the pan into 16 pieces for about 125 calories and less than 2 grams of fat.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:08 pm
That's a good idea, thank you!

I'm bloated a little, too, because I've been drinking a TON more water than usual. 2.5-3L per day hee. (: So I'm not too worried about it, I just find it frustrating that it's right before my bf is coming.

I hope there's a sudden drop in the next few weeks, though, that'd be awesome. o: <33

Thank you for the information! It is appreciated as always!

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:33 am
P90X Lean Day Six - Kenpo X

121.2 lbs.
+6.2 lbs from goal.
29 days.
(2 days until bf visits - aug 08 )

Soreness Level: 2

IN:
Breakfast: 1c egg beaters (120)
Snack: --
Lunch: --
Snack: --
Dinner: 6 chicken tenderloins (300) + salad (50) + cranberries (150)
Total: 620 calories

Out:
Kenpo X || 1 hour riding || 1 hour barn chores

------------------------<3------------------------

So no progress on the weight-front, I think I'll cut out carbs today just to see if that can help with the water retention. It's not unhealthy to do once in a while, I'll just be sticking to egg whites, poultry, and salad. Woot!

UH SO I DIDN'T EAT ENOUGH TODAY CLEARLY. I was SO BUSY! I had planned six meals out and ended up combining two of them at dinner (no more than that 'cause I didn't want to gorge myself). But seriously, gah. My metabolism is gonna go screwey if I do that again. /; I was literally out of the house all day from 1-7. I woke up at 11, did Kenpo after eggybreakfast at 12-1, then went out to get my car cleaned and then ran back in no time to snack, and changed and ran to teach lessons. Blah. I feel yucky. I did keep hydrated though, which is good.

Kenpo X was so fun, ahmahgawd. My glutes are so sore! C:
Jab-Cross-Hook-Uppercut! I felt like a total badass and the 50 minutes didn't even feel like they happened. Well, of course they felt like it, it's P90X, but the program is so fast paced and so dynamic (do this! now this! over here! something else!) that you are focused on getting the move right, and it changes, so you don't get bored. No, sir. No boredom here. Just 50 asswhoopin' minutes of punches and kicks. I didn't even notice I'd been doing it so long or working so hard until cooldown time came and my shirt was soaked. Nice!

Plans for the Day:
☆ Kempo X
☆ Detail Car
☆ Teach at 5

☆ Wax eyebrows

Goals for 01-08 August

→ Days 1-7 P90X
→ 8 Super Eating Days!
→ 117 lbs.
→ Get my room and car cleaned out!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:07 pm
Oooo.... how was the kenpo session? That and the plyometrics are what have had me the most interested with the P90 and P90X stuff.  

Munkers

6,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:07 pm
Munkers
Oooo.... how was the kenpo session? That and the plyometrics are what have had me the most interested with the P90 and P90X stuff.

My P90X Blog: http://sweatforit.blogspot.com/

Basically Kenpo X was AMAZING. By far my favorite workout. I don't do Plyometrics in the "lean" version that I'm doing (There's P90X Classic, Lean, and Doubles schedules based on your needs) but I'll likely try it out soon anyway. My blog has more details, but Kenpo didn't even feel like 50 minutes of punching and kicking... until I was cooling down and saw my shirt was soaked through. Hee. <3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:47 am
P90X Lean Day Eight - Core Synergistics

119.4 lbs.
+4.4 lbs from goal.
27 days.

Soreness Level: 0

Not tracking food today. I probably won't have time to eat much at all, boo. /; Running around like CRAZY to prepare for bf. Running on 2.5 hours of sleep. FFFFUUUUUU--

Out:
1 hour riding || 1 hour barn chores

So yesterday was X Stretch or Rest. I was supposed to tack on the rest of Yoga X too but I've been so flippin' busy with getting ready for the bf to come... insane.

I think it's ok I took the rest day though, I could probably use one once a week. Today is Core Syn, and to be honest I have no idea when I'll be able to do it. It's 6:40 AM, I have to leave for the stables in 20. Then from about 9:30-3:30 I'll be running around baking, cooking, getting my eyebrows waxed because I STILL haven't done it... running to the airport, seeing him all of 2 minutes /; then running to a family dinner I have to be at. I'm running on 2 and a half hours of sleep (but can still make coherent sentences! English Majors ftw!) so I don't know if I'll even be STANDING at the end of the day. We. Shall. See.

I got my room cleaned out last night though. Lookin' niiiiice. (8
Someone please shoot me with a dart gun so I can sleep. ;____;

Plans for the Day:
☆ Riding 7:30-10:00
☆ Wax eyebrows at 10
☆ Bake cookie dough I made yesterday (5doz-6doz) 10:30-12:00
☆ Make Mac'n'Cheese 10:30-12:00
☆ Complete gma's present 12:00-1:00
☆ Shower/do hair/makeup 1:00-2:30
☆ Pack up PS3 2:30
☆ Meet bf at airport, take him to friend's at 3:45 hopefully if the flight is on time...
☆ Drive to family dinner 1hour away and be there for 5.

LET IT BE KNOWN THAT I AM THE BEST ******** GIRLFRIEND EVER. The end.
I need sleep.

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Sunsway

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:36 am
eek Yikes, drive safe. 2.5 hours is nothing. I'd be a vegetable. What time do you get up every morning?

And you're so close to your goal! Though it's amazing how your weight fluctuates day by day. o_O  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:42 pm
Hope you are having fun with your BF! heart  

A Touch of Evil

Tipsy Genius

United Paper People

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:56 am
I actually thought it was normal for weight to fluctuate just a little, especially for people in the process of losing weight.

I love how dedicated you are to this.
It makes me feel lazy. But it's also amazing.

You also seem to have quite a busy life.

Anyway, do have fun.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:35 pm
So as you have likely noticed I took a break from basically my entire life for a week. This is not to mean I was not busy. No, no. This week has put the productivity levels of the entire rest of my life to shame. Oh, yes. So for 5 days I got 2-5 hours of sleep a night, ate a ton, spent probably $400, and had the time of my life with mein Mann. <3
Then I took 3 days downtime, because, yes, it took that long. I drove about 400 miles over the course of the 4 days and we had grand adventures!

SO tomorrow I begin again. I'm probably going to end up weighing in pretty high, my estimate is 122. This does not bother me. I will be starting over on P90X.

I'm overhauling a lot this week. BF moves in 3 weeks.

Modifying my eating plan:
8-9 Breakfast (1c egg beaters + oatmeal) -- 250cal
10-11 snack (fruit) -- 100cal
12-1 Lunch (h.c. frozen meal) -- 300-400cal
3-4 snack (fruit) -- 100cal
6-7 Dinner (4x chicken tenders + salad) -- 250cal

more fruit more veg more good less bad no soda.

GOALS FOR AUGUST 15-31
→ Get to P90X Day 17
→ 5 runs (10 miles +) Sundays/Wednesdays
→ Work Annie + Ms.T Daily 15th-21st. Prepare for new students.
→ 117lbs.
→ Save up $300

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:37 pm
P90X Lean Day One - Core Synergistics

121.2 lbs.
+6.2 lbs from goal.
20 days.

Soreness Level: 0

Bf moves here in 20 days. I would like to be at MOST 117lbs.
I've been eating like s**t for the past few weeks. I want more fruit, more vegetables, more lean meat. But these things cost money. /; I'm broke as s**t right now, so I'll be making do with what I have and sweating like hell to make up for it.

Out:
2 hours riding || P90X Core Syn ||

Been having troubles sleeping still. I will solve this problem by working out like a fiend. I cannot afford to let myself go. I cannot afford to settle for less. I refuse, rather, to settle for this. I'm going to start tracking my weeks rather than days to keep my plans in check. My goal is to be home as little as possible so I'm not spending my time near a kitchen.

Plans for the Week:
☆ MONDAY: Cardio X & Hanging with T.E. & Training Miss T
☆ TUESDAY: Shoulders+Arms & Ab Ripper X & Riding with A.K (?) & Riding with J.C.
☆ WEDNESDAY: Yoga X (Likely Plyo instead) & Riding with D.W. & Training Miss T
☆ THURSDAY: Legs+Back & Ab Ripper X & Lunch with S.A. & Riding with A.K + D.W.
☆ FRIDAY: Kenpo X & Teaching (J.R. + K.R.)
☆ SATURDAY: X Stretch + Teaching (K.P. + E.K. + K.R.)
☆ SUNDAY: Core Syn + Riding with D.W. & A.K.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:57 am
Fitness has a tendency to make you feel like an energizer bunny -- I used to have trouble sleeping too. Valerian might help with that, if you take a capsule an hour or so before sleep. =) I think it helps me, though it might just be a psychologiocal effect where I only think it does... but it doesn't really matter as long as the sleep is sound, I guess!  

Sunsway

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:17 am
P90X Lean Day Two - Cardio X

121.2 lbs.
+6.2 lbs from goal.
19 days.

Soreness Level: 1

Eating is still like s**t. I need money so I can pick up fruits and veggies from the store. Gahhh.

Out:
--

--

Plans for the Week:
☆ TUESDAY: Shoulders+Arms & Ab Ripper X & Riding with A.K (?) & Riding with J.C.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:43 pm
P90X Lean Day Three - Rest

122.2 lbs.
+7.2 lbs from goal.
18 days.

Soreness Level: 2

Picking up good food tomorrow. Ate blah today. I feel really discouraged, I'm gaining a lot of weight and it's miserable. I feel like I'm falling back into 'old habits' where I eat until it hurts and then as soon as it stops hurting, I eat until it does again. It's disgusting, it has to stop.

I think if I just see myself from a third-person view it would help. Like, imagine what I look like sitting there, just eating and eating. What hole am I trying to fill, anyway? Probably that I miss my boyfriend so much. Shouldn't I be trying to LOSE weight? Yes. So why am I still doing this to myself? All of this is psychological, I know that. I just need to figure out why.

Out:
2 hours riding

I'm feeling sick, disgusting, angry at myself. I'm also feeling tired, sad, and maybe depressed. Just down, I think. WHAT IS WRONG WITH MEEEEEEE.
Plans for the Week:

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas