Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:55 pm
Tina
Gryffindor-First Year

Hogwarts Teaching Application

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?
I have been a part of the Guild since this late November, early December.

2. How many posts have you made?
In the guild as of now I have made 75 posts but, on Gaia I have 500 posts.

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you? Yes, I have been in Ancient Runes taught by Professor A. (Celestial Archer), Defense Against the Dark Arts taught by Professor Voluptuous Jon, Charms Class taught by Professor Amara Kunfer (dragons375), History of Magic by Professor Dearest, and Astronomy Class taught by MadEyeMoodyMan. I have always turned in my homework and exams, thought I was off my computer for a while because, my computer died. Before it completely died I was able to post in Hogsmead Weekend and also was able to tell my Head of House (Celestial Archer) what was going on. I was able to finish all of my work before its due date.

4. Class you are applying for: Astronomy or a class that is needed to be taught.

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required): I use Tina as a RP and my real name on Gaia is Avatar34. So if I am accepted as a Professor I would either call myself P. Avatar or P. Tina.

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts: I have a lot of free time and I take some classes right now for fun, I really love the Harry Potter series. ( I've read each several times, I'm home schooled and right now I have a lot of free time.) That is why I would like to teach here.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like) Well, if I am chosen for Astronomy teacher I will do as what is required first such as:

1. Posting Weekly (or as often as you can) Assignments.
2. Giving Quizzes, Tests, Finals, Mid-terms, etc...
3. Awarding house points, no more than 20 points, to the students who turn in their assignments.
4. Keeping a student list with the students separated into their houses, class points list, and a form on how to join.

Also I would make the lesson interesting such as pick any constellation in the Northern Hemisphere and right 5 lines about it. Also I would probably ask for the web site they had gotten their information from, so I know they read they work and did not just copy word for word in every question, also I would ask if they thought that the shape of constellation really looked like what it was called or if it look like something else.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.) Celestial Archer has given me her reference. Also Voluptuous Jon has given me his reference. Also I have talked to dragon375 about a reference, but she did not say anything final.

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have: Well, I have a lot of time on my hands, (in real life) my Grandmother worked for NASA and i have several pictures from the moon to the earth and pictures of the moon, I would also be fair and treat all students equally (as houses go) and would be happy to answer anyone's questions.

10. Anything else you would like to add: I would like to add that I would enjoy doing this. I have a lot of spare time right now because I had my wisdom teeth taken out and the Dr. broke my jaw, which grew back in wrong, so right now I have a lot of time because I'm being home-schooled because of the pain in my jaw. I would not like this to be put against me when choosing a teacher because, I know I can be a teacher and still take a few classes, also that I know I would have enough time and be having fun while doing so. I would also tell you if something ever happened to me in which time I could not use my computer I would use a friends computer to tell everyone what was going on, like if my computer wasn't working or I was getting the flu.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:09 pm
Hogwarts Teaching Application

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?

I was accepted to the Guild on January 29, 2006.

2. How many posts have you made?
Currently I have about 276 posts, but that number will be increasing daily.

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
After I was sorted, I enrolled in Defense Against the Dark Arts, Ancient Runes, Muggle Studies, Care of Magical Creatures, and Charms. I completed all homework, exams, and extra credit available in each of these classes. Prior to being sorted, I was enrolled in Cleaning 101 and the Official House Elf Class of Cooking where I completed all the available lessons and extra credit.

4. Class you are applying for:
I would like to teach Potions. If Potions is not available (although it is my first choice), I would be open to teaching another course that doesn't have a professor. I would definitely be committed to any course that I was selected to teach.

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
My professor name would be Professor LeFey Rosier. My user name is redpopsicles. My student name is Adreena LeFey Rosier.

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:
I believe that as more classes become available, more Guild participation will follow. I think Potions class is such a fundamental part of a Hogwart's student's education, and I since it was not offered last term, I would like to step up to fill that void. I am pretty knowledgable about Potions, as it is one of my favorite subjects, and I think I could bring some new knowledge to people here in the Guild.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
My Potions class would be divided into three sections: Elementary Potions (for 1st and 2nd years), Intermediate Potions (for 3rd and 4th years), and Advanced Potions (for 5th years and up). The Elementary Potions class would focus mostly on theory and the basics of potions preparation. It would also include information on common potion ingredients, as well as very basic potion brewing. The Intermediate Potions course would be a continuation of the basic potion brewing gradually leading to more difficult potion brewing, along with a heavy focus on antidotes to curses and dark potions. The Advanced Potions class would lead the students into the art of brewing the most difficult potions along with more indepth potion research. All of my homework, exams, and extra credit will ask students to look further than just my written lessons for answers and will ask for references and citations for those answers (websites, books, etc).

My grading system will probably be based on a 20 point system for exams, with point values assigned to each question. Homework points will vary based on the difficulty of the assignment. The points will probably vary between 10 and 20 points per assignment. Extra credit will be on top of any exam or homework points. I will not be lax in grading since I am offering so many points for the work.

I would set up the actual classroom in a very similar way to other classes I have taken. I would have an introduction post, probably with a table of contents to make things clearer, the rules of the class, and a description what sections are available (Elementary, Intermediate, and Advanced), and how to apply (with a form included). The next section would show the class rosters clearly showing students' houses, years, and course sections. The third section would show the most current lesson, which would be clearly labeled (ie. Lesson 1, Lesson 3, etc.). The fourth section would have the most current homework for each section. The fifth would possibly be a kind of report card type post that shows who has completed what lesson, possibly with points scored on each assignment. My fifth section would be an archive of past lessons. My sixth section would be an archive of past homework, although I would not archive any past exams or extra credit, as I would not allow any make-up work to be done for the exams or extra credit. After the sixth section, I would probably just reserve a couple of posts for myself, just in case I decided to add anything else, like a link to the hour glass thread or something. The rest of the thread would be for student sign ups and questions. I will probably have all the students PM me their homework.

If you would like a sample lesson, I will be more than happy to provide you with one.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
Voluptuous Jon, the current Defense Against the Dark Arts professor, and mystic_emerald, one of Ravenclaw's Junior Prefects this term, are my references.

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:
I have a strong dedication to the Guild. I have enjoyed it since I joined, and I would like to be able to contribute to its continuing success. I would definitely post frequent lessons (hopefully weekly or biweekly at least), and I would check my thread probably almost daily to make updates, answer questions, and do anything else that needs to be taken care of. I will also check my PMs as frequently as I am on Gaia (which is practically daily), and I will grade homework fairly and promptly. I will also offer lots of point opportunities for students who have the desire to work hard and put forth the effort to complete the homework, exams, and extra credit.

10. Anything else you would like to add:
I would really like the opportunity to teach Potions. I think I could bring a lot to the classroom in the way of dedication, drive, and creativity. If there are any further questions you have for me regarding my application, please feel free to ask. I am very excited about the Guild, and I want to see it continue to thrive.  

redpopsicles

Reese_Roper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:01 pm
1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild? Since July 21, 2005, I believe.

2. How many posts have you made? I honestly don't know... oh, yes- 527

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you? I've been enrolled in a few other classes, though I couldn't do much homework this term since my compy broke. Sorry, Professors! sweatdrop

4. Class you are applying for: Cleaning 101 (A House Elf Class)

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required): Reese_Roper, Professor Coaste

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts: Because I love to see others learn something new, and I want to help House Elves become better students. (I also want a better keyboard, but hey, can't have everything.)

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like) Just look at my old classroom.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.) Mystic and Dragons

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have: A classroom that is already set up! mrgreen

10. Anything else you would like to add:
I will be much better with lessons from now on (unless computer breaks again), I already have three more all planned.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:53 pm
I just thought I shoud tell the teachers that tomorrow afternoon,
I'll be cutting off the points.
I'll add or subtract those that are posted before I get there...
but it's really a bit of a gamble if you try to push it...
Once I cut off the points, that's it.
It does take a bit of time to make the House Cup Award and decorate the Great Hall, you see...

KTweirdchick

KTweirdchick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:13 pm
The House Points are Currently Cut-Off for End of Term!
I will investigate any un-added/subtracted points
and then announce the final scores in the Great Hall.
No points will be added beyond this point,
sorry...

-Mafalda Prewett
(Headmistress)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:14 pm
Also, please post in here
when you're class room is ready to be locked for the break.
3nodding

KTweirdchick

lizzieangel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:03 am
You can lock bot my classes:
Arithmancy
House Elf Class of Cooking  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:05 am
Cleaning Class is ready for Locking! pirate

Reese_Roper

Celestial Archer

Fashionable Entrepreneur

4,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:59 am
lizzieangel
You can lock bot my classes:
Arithmancy
House Elf Class of Cooking

Reese_Roper
Cleaning Class is ready for Locking! pirate

All locked  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:17 am
Thankies, Celestial!

Reese_Roper

Voluptuous Jon

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:03 am
My class should be ready to be locked!

Where has Dragons been? Is she gonna be here for Charms, if not I would really like to teach that, but I dont want to take a class that she likes, that she teached.

O, by the way, I have to add ten points to Ravenclaw, but I did not want to add it to the House Points section because I saw that it was too late.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:13 pm
Oh, well it wouldn't have made a lot of difference anyhow.  

Angilwingz

Reese_Roper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:19 pm
redpopsicles
~Application~

I vouch for you, too. I've seen you around and I can tell you will be a wicked good teacher.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:39 pm
Voluptuous Jon
My class should be ready to be locked!

Where has Dragons been? Is she gonna be here for Charms, if not I would really like to teach that, but I dont want to take a class that she likes, that she teached.

O, by the way, I have to add ten points to Ravenclaw, but I did not want to add it to the House Points section because I saw that it was too late.

(if it was the ten points that you had listed in your class room, I added it)
I checked everyone's class rooms before I posted the House Cup results
3nodding

KTweirdchick

Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games