Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Rude Discussion
Emo = stupid... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think about emo?
It's good.
14%
 14%  [ 8 ]
It's retarded.
14%
 14%  [ 8 ]
Even POP music is better than EMO!
20%
 20%  [ 11 ]
Ska is god.
50%
 50%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 55

.I.pwn.your.ass.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:06 pm
The only thing that bugs me about [stero typical] emo is the
fact that people try to stay depressed as long as possible.
I mean, it's natural to be depressed every now and then,
but when you get depressed over the dumbest things and
try to make any situation turn around to make you the victim
just annoys the crap out of me.

My school just opened up the new library packed with like 150 new books and
counting.
When I first walked in, some books were on display, one of the first ones
called 'Nothing Feels Good: Teenagers, Punk, and EMO.' I instantly checked it out.
It's filled with these entries from LiveJournal and Xanga blabbering on about
how their lives suck, '...crying on the bathroom floor for three hours and not
understanding why...'.
I don't know, even though it bugs the crap out of me, I think it's insanely
amusing.
No, I'm not laughing at others' pain.
That's not pain.
It's hilarious.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:00 pm
Sovawanea
RAZORBLADE_SYMPHONY
if i werent lazy im sure i could find hundreds of websites that argue in my defense just because on person is opinionated in one way or another we all define emo as something differant i say emo is what i think it is you say it is what you think iy is but in the end this was all pointless because neither of us came to find a truth just an opinion

Too true, shall we call a truce?
agreed  

Midnights Lie

GIoom
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:33 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:20 am
RAZORBLADE_SYMPHONY

agreed

Good, I'm glad to have matched my wits with someone so persevering and intelligent.  

Sovawanea

stormi gray

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:05 am
hi whats wrong with emo redface cry confused  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:05 pm
an emo warning
hi whats wrong with emo redface cry confused
I just really don't like the music.  

GIoom
Vice Captain

AnarchyXCore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:06 pm
emo music is flat out stupid and sucks. some of it sounds remotely interesting, but the majority of it is the stupid stuff ive ever heard. get this, some emo kid was like 'oh yea, theres gunna b a 4th wave ska.... emo and ska' i was thinkin this kid is an idiot, who in their rite mind would mix emo crap and ska? lol  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:43 pm
AnarchyXCore
emo music is flat out stupid and sucks. some of it sounds remotely interesting, but the majority of it is the stupid stuff ive ever heard. get this, some emo kid was like 'oh yea, theres gunna b a 4th wave ska.... emo and ska' i was thinkin this kid is an idiot, who in their rite mind would mix emo crap and ska? lol
I've seen/heard this "Skeemo" and the guys were awesome, but the music was medicore. A band went by the name The Skanktronics, I think and I may still have their EP lying around somewhere...

As far as emo music goes... I thoroughly enjoy bands like Rites Of Spring, Embrace, and Gray Matter.

Midnights Lie
theres a band called cheap sex that sings a song called ******** emo its hillarious!
I liked Mike Virus in The Virus better.  

NoFingersMcKenzi

Status Quo Joe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:10 pm
eh todays "emo" isn't emo at all....real emo is okay...s**t like Rites of Spring and Embrace  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:22 am
User Image  

Status Quo Joe

asianska104

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:03 pm
Anarchy-x
User Image

AHHH hahaha rofl

thats a keeper razz

well me and some of my friends are going to a dashboard confession thingy just to watch the emo kids cry twisted

and for the ice cream shop next door domokun yummie  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:32 am
I'm actually really into the whole late 80's-early 90's "emo" type stuff. In my opinion, I think it's good.

This Hawethorne Heights Crap.....It's gotta go. I can't find any liking to it. It's just mediocre and not very tastes ful. same old stuff in all the songs...crap lyrics. nah. not for eekay. same goes for other "pop-Emo" bands.

I'm not going to be mean to all you and go off on rants, because I can see why some wouldn;t like it, and I respect your opinions.
Let's just hope that my wide taste of music isn't made fun of either D:  

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:25 pm
I personally hate emo music, but I still force myself to respect other peoples musical opinions confused . I often find myself helping out kids with their problems ("emo" kids), though i'd say 90% of the time it's a dumb problem like "She said no, im going to kill myself."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:06 pm
you know whats fun? going to an emo concert and starting skosh pits with some other ska kids, and laughing at the scensters, the other thing, screamo music is on the average pretty bad and only good use is moshing, but many of the concerts ive been convinced to go toeveryone just stood there, and did nothing, not even mosh, and im just like wtf is going on? we getting our hearing destroyed while standing looking scensterish?
thats not fun, thats why im starting OSSPEC
organization for starting skosh pits at emo concerts
at this point it only exist in my head tho.....  

Canada3952

alliexz0rz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:51 pm
I really hate when people claim to dislike something, when they don't even know what it is.
"Emo" is not short for "Emotional."
"Emo" does not mean Taking Back Sunday and Dashboard Confessional, despite what MTV has lead you to believe in the last few years.
"Emo" is not sidebangs, tight pants, and male vocalists who sing like little girls about their failed relationships.

"Emo" is not the use of diluted, meaningless metaphors and similes such as "My arms are like pinecones,"
and most definitely is not the rampant use of words such as "autumn," "heart," "knife," "bleeding," "leaves," and "razorblade."  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff