Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Welcome and Intro's~ Now with Piccy's! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Strawberry Candy Fantasy

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:17 pm
Hello all! ♥

My name is Strawberry [yes how immature that must be... not my real name]. I am fifteen years old, Asian-American (which to me means absence of chest/butt, I am 34A + size 3 jeans + from family history, won't ever have feminine assets T.T), 5' 6", and approx. 140-145 lbs.

Being an early bloomer, I grew to my current height three years ago. Since then, I've put on around ten pounds a year. I understand that I must still be "growing", but the prospect that I am steadily gaining unhealthy weight (and will be unfit in future) is daunting. :S

Being in HS & poor time-management & always busy, I currently eat no breakfast on weekdays and sometimes skips lunch if studying w/ classmates. When I get home, I always get ultra-hungry and cram down an excessive amt. of junk food. That's DEFINITELY something to change. Since I cannot cook [and never bothered to learn before] I always just microwave some instant food. My parents make Chinese food for dinner (lots of oil + sodium).

I have physical education 3 days/week at school, which keeps me from becoming like jelly. However after this school year ends, no more physical education. I will have to find my own exercising plan. So far all I can do is running & DDR. T.T

I would probably be happy with my physical state if I were older, but being young, I would like to build up healthy habits that will grant me an overall healthier life. >.< [& look better in clothes too & be more confident about my fitness]

My weight loss goal is rather inconsistent. I want to weigh 115-120 lbs, but around 10 lbs lost will be good for me. The long-term goal is to have healthier eating & exercising habits.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:13 pm
My name is Amanda, I'm 20.
In high school my highest weight was 210lbs, that was graduation.
I've lost 49lbs, so far.
It's taken more than a year, hoping to find an exercise routine that will help me loss more and tone up.
My goal weight is at least 140lbs.
I am 5'3 and have ankle problems so it would be wonderful if I could get down to that weight :3

Rayabella

Diamond Exhibitionist

Lord Sutekh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:31 pm
I posted an intro back in '07, but I guess I'll re-post a new intro.

:stares at the pizza box next to his feet and the three 12-packs worth of soda cans littering the room peeking out from under and behind cheez-it boxes and Cheetos bags. Slowly, he turns his head downward to be taken aghast by the crumbs littering his work uniform and chest. With his hand still in the cheez-it box, he solemnly takes a vow to eat healthier and drop 80 pounds:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:22 pm
Welcome Lord Sutekh! We're glad to have you back!  

Tandahda
Crew

pinkcatminht

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:29 pm
hi, i'm dia. i'm 17 years old. i'm five foot one, & i currently weigh 160. my highest weight was almost 200, but for a long time i was around 150. then i gained 15 pounds after i started dating my current boyfriend. gonk he can eat ANYTHING & not gain a pound!!!
my ultimate goal weight is 100, but right now the magic number i'm working towards is 135. i'm working hard on changing my diet & getting in more exercise. but i weighed 165 when i started two weeks ago, so i'm doing good so far. let's hope i keep going xp  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:19 am
Hello I be new :3 I'm Little Gray Ghost, call me Ghost. I'm 16 and I've been trying to lose weight for a couple months now with no weight lost so far D:

I currently weight 185 (give or take five pounds) And my goal is to weigh between 130 and 150.

I've currently modified my diet, eating about 25-35% less than I used to (I used to eat without stopping) and cutting out sugars (although thats never been a problem) I may have lost a pound or two but nothing. D:

My mother and I are losing weight together but she seems to be dropping pounds and I'm still suck here. I joined this guild so I could figure what I'm doing wrong and hopefully get some tips and help heart  

Little Gray Ghost

nova pop

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:33 pm
Hi, my name is Autumn. I'll be 17 in less than a month. smile
I weigh about 143 and want to weigh somewhere around 127. But I'm a total compulsive eater. If I have a plate in front of me, I will eat every last morsel on it. I eat extreeemely fast. It's ridiculous! D;
But I'm trying to be better about it. According to my doctor I've lost 7 pounds since april! [Honestly I just don't trust her XD]

My friends aren't very supportive of me dieting, without even realizing it; "I don't think you need to lose ANY", "You want to diet?!, Umm okaay...", "Don't you want some PIZZA?" etc. :c

But anyway, I hope this guild can help! If anyone wants to be my weightloss/text buddy, PM me, I would be so happyyy <3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:59 pm
Hello everyone. :3

My name is Jess. I've always been a little bit on the heavy side, but after a particularly emotionally draining year between school, work and deaths in my family, I became pretty depressed and my weight rocketed to ~200 lbs. I don't think I'm 200 yet, but close enough, and I'd really like to prevent that from happening. Ever.

So, I've gone on a weight loss crusade. I've been working out very sporadically lately because my best friend is on leave from the airforce, but my diet has been pretty good and I get about 90 minutes of workouts in per week. I'd like to increase that a lot, my goal being 60 minutes per day.

My ultimate weight goal is 130lbs. And honestly, I'm tired of being self conscious. I don't want to wait for an excuse anymore. I want to be free.

The main reason I joined this guild was for some emotional support and motivation. I'm really very friendly and open, so if you need someone to talk to just send me a PM. 3nodding  

Leunah

SkelIy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:26 am
ALRIGHT THEN!!~ My name is Rhea, and I'm a 17-Year-Old, 182 Lb female, who is about 5''5. My goal weight is around 140-ish. I have a very low self-esteem, and my weight is a major part of why. I think losing this weight can actually be a life changing thing for me---No kidding!

I already tackled a weight loss buddy before even posting here. xDD - Nudgenudgenova/Autumn. - I'm definitely determined, and I don't mind PM's, at all. I'm a very friendly person, and like having people to talk to. Soon enough I'll be opening a journal to keep track of what I'm eating. I not only want to lose this weight, but I think eating healthier will help me as well. x[; I'm a compulsive eater, I just like eating stuff cos I know it's there, even when I'm not even hungry. Makes no sense, right?

According to my BMI I'm obese even though I don't look it. o__o; Now that is bad. When I lay a certain way, my breathing is horrible. I have asthma, and this weight affects it greatly, according to my doctor. [[ He's been trying to get me to shed pounds for ages. ]]

I feel that joining was the smartest decision, because all around me, people don't understand what I'm going through. Say I should be comfortable with who I am. UM, YEAH. I AM COMFORTABLE, THAT'S WHY I'M SO FAT. DDD: MY COMFORTABLE = FAT =/= HEALTHY. D: u.u - Rantrantrant. - I just want support, people who understand that I not only want this. I need this. It's for my own health. And if people who do support my decision help me through, and I fail in the end. I have no one to blame but myself. :[ That's not going to happen though. I will lose this weight in 4-5 months, and I will live a healthier better life style, with no self esteem issues. >8DDD - DETERMINEDFACE. -

Anyways, don't be scared at all to PM me, or reach me in anyway. I'm a friendly person, honest.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:32 am
Welcome to all the new folks coming in. It's great to have you!

http://www.gaiaonline.com/demonbusters?sub=followers&user_id=2782857  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

The Moon of Ceres

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:49 pm
Hello. Everyone here can call me Ceres.
I am a girl, 15 years old, and a freshman in high school.

Current Weight: 195 pounds
Goal Weight: 110 pounds

I want to lose 85 pounds. I know that sounds like a little much, but I'm short, only 4' 11", so it's okay.

My parents are both overweight, but they both work out.
I have two sisters, one of them is 13 and the other is 11.

The older one is taller than me, and weighs the same, but unlike me, she has high blood pressure issues.
My other sister isn't overweight at all, but she eats tons of candy and has lots of cavities in her teeth.

I don't really like junk food or candy... with the exception of cake and cookies, and soda. But I do eat a lot, and on top of that, I like to put butter on my food. Plus I have some issues with emotional snacking.

Right now I'm working on drinking more water, instead of those sugary drinks I like. After a week of that I'm going to stop eating seconds at mealtimes. My plan is, every week I'm going to change something I think is making me so heavy.

Along with that, I also want to do more exercises. I think Yoga , walking, and ballet exercises are interesting, so I'll start with those.

Even being so heavy, I'm not unhealthy. Sure I'm not very athletic, but I don't get sick often, and I don't have any issues with blood pressure or cholesterol or anything.

However, I think I look really disgusting. Like, really very disgusting. So that's why I want to lose weight.

Here's one of the less ugly pictures of me:
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:25 pm
Welcome to all the new members! I forgot this thread was here!

Ceres: You can definitely lose 85 lbs! That's an attainable goal for someone your height, (my sister in law is your height!) so rock on and post around a bit! There's not a lot active here right now but the main users that have been here a while are hosts of great information.

I was the same as you, not unhealthy but very overweight (I was 233 at my heaviest). I think that cutting out something each week is a fantastic way to go.

Rhea: Wow! You're almost my height and exactly my weight today. (I know that I'm a month late in welcoming you in) I'd say that there's a difference between being comfortable with who you are and being happy being fat. I know what you mean with compulsive eating, I'm eyeing the leftovers from dinner right now knowing that it was tasty thinking 'you could have it now Sera...'

BMI is really quite silly because the line between 'overweight' and 'normal' and 'obese' and 'overweight' is so arbitrary. I don't feel obese certainly even though it says I am.

I'd love to see a journal going for you!

Leunah: It's fantastic that you've made the choice to lose weight now! Congratulations and good work! I think you can get to 130 lbs or at least to a place you feel comfortable no problem. I'm glad to have you here!

Nova pop: Like I said to Rhea, I know the compulsive eating pain. And I also know the 'I don't think you need to lose weight' thing. The strange thing though is that you'll find that when you do start losing weight people will tell you how great you look. So it's tough.

Little Gray Ghost: I'm glad to see a big variation from you, I love it when people set a sliding goal, it's so wonderful because we never really know how much different we'll look when we lose the big numbers. Congratulations on cutting out sugars and things.

I hope you start posting soon and I'm sorry no one got to welcoming you personally.

Dia. Welcome and congratulations on losing 40 lbs since your heaviest weight! I know what you mean about boyfriends. My fiance can eat and eat and eat, strangely, I've watched him eat and I've noticed that my peter doesn't actually eat a lot, he usually just eats a huge dinner.

Congratulations and welcome to everyone! I'm going to send you all a PM to remind you that we're here.  

Tandahda
Crew

Mad Cup of Tea

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:32 pm
Hey people~
My name is Mad Cup or Tea, but you can call me Mad or teacup.
I'm female (duh), 16 years old.

I'm 5"7 and weigh 192 lbs crying
I recently joined a womens gym, in a teens club.
And my goal is to lose at least 40 lbs by august (my birthday)

My dream to be able to fit into a NUMBER sized clothes.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:43 pm
Your goals and my goals are quite similar mad tea, You're about ten pounds over me but an inch taller (I started wayyyyy heavier than you though, so you're not doing badly by any stretch) My goal is to lose 40 lbs by july, so we can do it together,

<3  

Tandahda
Crew

practicallyzen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:30 pm
Hello! You can call me Static...I'm 20 years old, 5'5" and 200lbs. My goal is 130. So I have to lose 60lbs...quite a goal! I'm happy that this guild is here, it's great to see so many who are working on (and achieving) a similar goal to mine.

I am starting my journey to health! I'm tired of not being able to really have fun when I go out and do things because of how I look, or because of how I feel (getting tired/winded faster than others) and I want to feel really fantastic in my own skin.

I very rarely eat junk food - it's been that way for years - and I can 100% honestly say I do not remember the last time I had fast food...it was years ago, I'm sure. I also only drink soda maybe a couple times a month. So I'd say I'm already off to a pretty good start. I need more fruits and veggies, water, and exercise. So that's what I'm doing!

P.S. This is a recent photo of me:

User Image  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games