Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
~Tea~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MoonJeli

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:16 pm
Ainwyn

Also, I found this a while ago, though there is some heresy involved so I hadn't wanted to post it before... for your listening enjoyment: Cup of Brown Joy

Herbal -- No thanks!
Herbal -- No thanks!  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:50 pm
eartha oak
if you want to relax and or you are having trouble trying to sleep try making chamomeal tea
That isn't tea. By and by, it's Chamomile.

Quote:

add a but of sugar to sweeten it or it will taste kinda bitter/bland
So... if you're having trouble sleeping, add sugar? confused

I'm always uneasy with this kind of recommendation. There's no case history for the individuals who may be taking it. There's contradictory medical information (sugar for people who are trying to sleep?) and really, for all you know the person may be allergic.

This is why people who aren't medical professionals shouldn't be making recommendations when it comes to medicinal herbalism.

It's about as absurd as someone saying "Tea, you need to learn to relax. Go make yourself a nice lavender infusion." stare  

TeaDidikai

Calixti

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:51 pm
eartha oak
if you want to relax and or you are having trouble trying to sleep try making chamomeal tea add a but of sugar to sweeten it or it will taste kinda bitter/bland and add milk and you be relaxed and ready to drift off into the dream world.
If chamomile tastes bitter, you're making it wrong.  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:53 pm
Calixti
If chamomile tastes bitter, you're making it wrong.
Likely brewing it too long or too hot.  

TeaDidikai

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:45 am
Alright. My mother has bought some tea bags from a health food store here recently. Alvita is the name of the brand. Has anyone had any experience with it?

I'm going to try the chamomile tea (tsaine?), since the apple aroma it's supposed to have seems like a nice way to transition easily. I hope? I am a total noob to tea. sweatdrop

Update: It tasted like... a watery tree? xp Maybe I made it wrong.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:27 pm
Taliah
Alright. My mother has bought some tea bags from a health food store here recently. Alvita is the name of the brand. Has anyone had any experience with it?
Nope. And they only sell one kind of tea, and it's in a bag, so it isn't going to be quality tea.

As for the tisane. My dyslexia pwns me often with that word.

Quote:
I'm going to try the chamomile tea (tsaine tisane?), since the apple aroma it's supposed to have seems like a nice way to transition easily. I hope? I am a total noob to tea. sweatdrop

You need a good cup of something you'll fancy. Do you like lighter flavors (citrus etc?) or richer flavors (chocolates and the like)

Quote:
Update: It tasted like... a watery tree? xp Maybe I made it wrong.
Could just be the plant. wink It isn't tea after all.  

TeaDidikai

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:48 pm
TeaDidikai
You need a good cup of something you'll fancy. Do you like lighter flavors (citrus etc?) or richer flavors (chocolates and the like)

I like citrus flavors best, that's why I was trying the chamomile first. 3nodding
What's sad was the cup I tried tasted similar to this black walnut liquid stuff my mother gives us to de-worm. Not pleasant.

Although, I doubt I fixed it properly on top it all, so that didn't help the taste.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:53 pm
Taliah
TeaDidikai

I like citrus flavors best, that's why I was trying the chamomile first. 3nodding
What's sad was the cup I tried tasted similar to this black walnut liquid stuff my mother gives us to de-worm. Not pleasant.

Although, I doubt I fixed it properly on top it all, so that didn't help the taste.
I'd go with a mild Green or White tea with citrus and grassy notes.

If you want to ease your way into tea drinking, you can try "scented" teas. Basically they're poor quality tea leaves that have been doused in oils to flavor them. Be careful because oils (both the natural ones in the tea leaves and the flavoring) can go rancid after a while. While it won't usually make you sick, it will taste nasty.  

TeaDidikai

MoonJeli

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:53 pm
Chamomile is actually one of the more dangerous herbs in terms of allergies. It's related to ragweed, so it can cause anaphylactic shock for some people with hayfever and related allergies if consumed.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:02 pm
MoonJeli
Chamomile is actually one of the more dangerous herbs in terms of allergies. It's related to ragweed, so it can cause anaphylactic shock for some people with hayfever and related allergies if consumed.
Have I mentioned how much I adore you Hun?  

TeaDidikai

Calixti

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:50 pm
MoonJeli
Wonder why I've never had any problems with it then. o.O  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:59 pm
Calixti
MoonJeli
Wonder why I've never had any problems with it then. o.O
Not everyone responds to it the same way.  

TeaDidikai

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:05 am
I'm lucky, I don't have any allergies that I know of.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for what you suggested Tea, thank you.  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:52 pm
So I finally found a stovetop tea kettle--three dollars for an old stainless steel one at a local thrift store, yey! Only problem is, it's got that powdery-looking white buildup inside it. I managed to get it out of the inside of the main part of the kettle and lid by boiling diluted vinegar in it, but it's still around the top edge of the kettle and lid (where the two meet) and inside the spout. Any tips for how to remove it so I can actually use the kettle?  

Calixti

Nines19

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:02 pm
Calixti
So I finally found a stovetop tea kettle--three dollars for an old stainless steel one at a local thrift store, yey! Only problem is, it's got that powdery-looking white buildup inside it. I managed to get it out of the inside of the main part of the kettle and lid by boiling diluted vinegar in it, but it's still around the top edge of the kettle and lid (where the two meet) and inside the spout. Any tips for how to remove it so I can actually use the kettle?

Try a toothbrush. I might not know much about tea, but cleaning I'm alright on. Toothbrushes are highly underrated cleaning tools. 3nodding

On tea, for me; I've only ever had bag tea/tisanes but this thread made me want to try "real" tea, heh. After I get enough money I'll probably get some. Any recommendations for a tea-newb who's constantly thirsty and likes cooler and/or lemony drinks?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games