Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Comedy Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:51 pm
Returned from London and the Qi recording!

It was absolutley fan-dabby-dosy! It's not like what I imagined, that you are there to watch them recording something and for a bit of clapping, no. They actually put on a show for you, there was a warm up by a comedian called Stephen Grant (who has only done bits here and there, but was really funny) and we played a game they are thinking of putting into production and needed a pilot for. Then when the show starts they introduce each guest seperately- something you don't get to see in the show.

Stephen Fry is even better than I thought he would be, he isn't at all pretentious, you never feel like he's trying to be luvvy. My fandom is renewed, I'm going to go and buy another one of his books asap.

The thing is even though he is speaking into the camera he is talking to the audience who are sitting there. You aren't just watching a show being filmed, you are watching the show. It feels like you almost get cheated out of the banter when they reduce a 2 hour recording to 30 minutes!!

The guests were Alan Davies (obviously) Jeremy Clarkson (exactly like he is on the box) Lisa Tarbuck (Lovely is the best word to describe her) and a dude called Neil Mullarky, who is a comedy writer and was in Austin Powers (although we couldn't figure out where!)

They ramble on and take each question to it's conclusion. They also did some very rude things with toy dogs and discussed what Jeremy should get his wife for an anniversary gift because he had forgotten and only realised just after the closing music stopped.

Flowers from the garage was the consensus. mrgreen

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:38 pm
biggrin

How resoundingly fantastic!

Invictus_88
Captain

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:57 pm
A new Carry On film is being made - Carry On London.

I'm not entirely sure about it, most of the charm was due to the fact that they looked old and it's probably not going to look old (plus I'm sure some of the actors are a bit too dead to be making films)  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:53 pm
Has anyone mentioned Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of crisps?

Love it immensly smile ( I want Donna smile )

Other favourites of mine are Red Dwarf (first ever episode broadcast on my second Birthday smile ) Monty Python, QI, Never mind the buzzcocks, and My Family.

Well, thats more like what I watch most regulary.  

Lozza_mc

wodewose

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 1:08 pm
"I wouldn`t let it lie!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vic_Reeves_Big_Night_Out#The_Man_With_the_Stick

http://www.mousehands.co.uk/rmlyrics/browse/smell_series_1_intro  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 1:16 pm
ice_illusion
A new Carry On film is being made - Carry On London.

I'm not entirely sure about it, most of the charm was due to the fact that they looked old and it's probably not going to look old (plus I'm sure some of the actors are a bit too dead to be making films)

Infamy! Infamy!

They've all got it in fer me.  

and_solo_said

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:41 pm
wodewose
"I wouldn`t let it lie!"

OMG I nearly ended myself when I watched a DVD of Reeves+Mortimer and that song came on.

I also got to watch the entire Randall + Hopkirk (deceased), which I never watched when it was on, not really knowing what it was, and now realise is, like, ******** genius.

I'm in an odd mood, sorry. It's late and I feel slightly violated since watching Big Brother, Big Brother: the relationships and then Big Brother's Big Mouth.  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:04 pm
ficklefiend
wodewose
"I wouldn`t let it lie!"

OMG I nearly ended myself when I watched a DVD of Reeves+Mortimer and that song came on.

I also got to watch the entire Randall + Hopkirk (deceased), which I never watched when it was on, not really knowing what it was, and now realise is, like, ******** genius.

I'm in an odd mood, sorry. It's late and I feel slightly violated since watching Big Brother, Big Brother: the relationships and then Big Brother's Big Mouth.

I can honestly say that, in all the years it`s been going I have never watched "big brother", nor have any great desire to....  

wodewose

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:27 pm
wodewose

I can honestly say that, in all the years it`s been going I have never watched "big brother", nor have any great desire to....

Good for you.

To be honest I was waiting for Russell Brand (oh dear lord those cheekbones!) and playing Nintendo DS (my latest purchase, I spent nearly two weeks rent on the bloody thing so I might as well get the use of it.)

I might have to put Russell in my sig.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:18 pm
ficklefiend
wodewose

Good for you.

To be honest I was waiting for Russell Brand (oh dear lord those cheekbones!) and playing Nintendo DS (my latest purchase, I spent nearly two weeks rent on the bloody thing so I might as well get the use of it.)

I might have to put Russell in my sig.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

my goddess, he`s like the love-child of Lord Byron and a Tolkien Elf, with Lestat`s tailor!  

wodewose

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:24 pm
wodewose

my goddess, he`s like the love-child of Lord Byron and a Tolkien Elf, with Lestat`s tailor!

*sigh* couldn't have put it better...  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:06 am
Name the show:

"How do I open this door?"

"Turn the knob on your side."

"But...I haven`t got a knob on my side!"

~***************************~

"We`ll be going to Antarctica, have you any warm clothes?"

"No, but I`ve some cold ones I can put in the oven."

~***************************~

"I think the cat wants to go out."

"Why?"

"He`s got his hat & coat on."  

wodewose

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:00 pm
Hm. I've heard the former, but I've no idea what it's from.  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:59 am
British comedy is definately superior because it requires a little bit more brain activity then most. But I dont think it's infallible, I've seen some stuff coming out of britian that really just makes me cringe.
Thank goodness your humour isn't getting tainted by the american shyt that's been forced down all our throats.
That's what's been happening here in south africa, which makes me want to cry because we have a great sense of humour.

Another great comedic culture is that of the japanise.
(hmmm... I'd better start checking my spelling on all my posts. if anyones getting annoyed, then tell me now or never)  

Screag

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:41 am
Screag
But I dont think it's infallible, I've seen some stuff coming out of britian that really just makes me cringe.

*coughBlessedcough*

That show was just one of the worst things ever.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games