Welcome to Gaia! ::

The RPS Guild: Dungeon Crawls For All

Back to Guilds

The RPS Guild is for RPing using the simply-named Roleplaying System (RPS) to manage combat. 

Tags: Role Play, Fantasy, Dungeon, Adventure, System 

Reply RPS Guild
The first DM discussion thread.(Current topic:Recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DM of Death

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:58 am
As far as Job assignments...

1. PVP DM, the only DM to adjust PVP stats. That way everyone knows who to tell when a match occurred and the stats don’t get changed twice.
2. Character accepting, in charge of reviewing accepting and assisting new players in creating characters.
3. Item/chip transfers.
4. Organization accepting and org. list maintaining.
5. Title DM, changes titles when it is earned or taken by a new player.

What does everyone want to do? We shouldn't assign stuff to people that arn't interested in doing it.

So who want's what to start this off?

I wouldn't mind character accepting, I know the rules well enough to help anyone work out the kinks of there characters. Look at Darksun, my little pupil of Speedyness. he's done well!
Also I woldn't Mind being the PVP guy, With the V-Man battle, I'm alwas running around the PVP, Plus the title would be fitting fro the DM of Death smile .

Though technically the only thing I don't want to do is the Orgs. I'll help with formula equations and what not for sure, but I don't want to be part of the maintaining crew on that.

What does everyone else want?

Also as far as the Org's go...
Is each Org going to be run by an NPC? How are we going to decide on who are the NPC's and Who's going to be runing those NPC's?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:25 am
Perrian
Fargore, would a list of the people who are active on Gaia but not in RPS with their character be any help to you? I made that list yesterday.

Yes it would, if you would post that it would help with the next step of dividing people into the active and inactive adventurer’s rosters. Then we just have to put it in alphabetical order.  

FARGORE
Captain

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:27 am
Here is a list of people still active on Gaia but not in RPS. (Anyone who logged in after Christmas is on this list. Anyone who hasn't logged on since before then isn't.)

Miss Meat Shield
Bladesinger
VoidMystic2113
imperial1989
apocalyte
Polkana
seas32usc
makuta999
gregarbeast29
X_Simply-Perfect_X
trickygv
OniPuc

Char90- changed username
The Ninja Lawyer- changed username
kinsman999- changed username
Demonic_existance- changed username  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:31 am
Well gladiator suggested this

Master of gladiators
Organization accepting and org. list maintaining

DM of Death
PVP DM, the only DM to adjust PVP stats. That way everyone knows who to tell when a match occurred and the stats don’t get changed twice.
Title DM, changes titles when it is earned or taken by a new player.

All Minor DM’s
Character accepting, in charge of reviewing accepting and assisting new players in creating characters.
Item/chip transfers.

If you want Death, I can take Title DM and just Leave you with PVP DM. the we would each have one job. The other jobs could be delegated to new Minor DM’s if we want later.  

FARGORE
Captain

FARGORE
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:33 am
Perrian
Here is a list of people still active on Gaia but not in RPS. (Anyone who logged in after Christmas is on this list. Anyone who hasn't logged on since before then isn't.)

Miss Meat Shield
Bladesinger
VoidMystic2113
imperial1989
apocalyte
Polkana
seas32usc
makuta999
gregarbeast29
X_Simply-Perfect_X
trickygv
OniPuc

Char90- changed username

Do basically have a list of people that are just plain not active on RPS? Or would that be the two lists you have their combined?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:37 am
FARGORE
Perrian

Miss Meat Shield
Bladesinger
VoidMystic2113
imperial1989
apocalyte
Polkana
seas32usc
makuta999
gregarbeast29
X_Simply-Perfect_X
trickygv
OniPuc

Char90- changed username

Do basically have a list of people that are just plain not active on RPS? Or would that be the two lists you have their combined?

This is the list of characters who aren't active on RPS but are active on Gaia, excluding the second list of changed username people. I'll get to work on a just plain not active of RPS list right away, if you want me to!  

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200

DM of Death

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:47 am
Ok so Yeah, I'll accept the title DM and PVP DM. lol, it makes the name that much more applicable. twisted

Title DM is fine, I assume that this isn't a very active role to do, And I usually have plenty of time, so thats fine for me.

In the same sense, any titles you all wish to give out?
How about some awrds we could hand out?

Most damage delt in a single turn (PVP)
Most damage delt in a single turn (Dungeon or Minigame)

What do you all think?

(also I posted alot of new crap in the submit your own sections! Check em out.. I'm trying to think outside of the box here! I'm in the same frame of mind as when I made supreme strike.)  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:48 am
Perrian
FARGORE
Perrian

Miss Meat Shield
Bladesinger
VoidMystic2113
imperial1989
apocalyte
Polkana
seas32usc
makuta999
gregarbeast29
X_Simply-Perfect_X
trickygv
OniPuc

Char90- changed username

This is the list of characters who aren't active on RPS but are active on Gaia, excluding the second list of changed username people. I'll get to work on a just plain not active of RPS list right away, if you want me to!

Yes that would be much appreciated, but you don’t have to rush. I don’t think the roster is going anywhere. xp  

FARGORE
Captain

DM of Death

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:56 am
Ok, new threads made in the PVP, including rules and a questions thread, and a PVP scoreboard.

What do you think?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:09 am
DM of Death
Ok so Yeah, I'll accept the title DM and PVP DM. lol, it makes the name that much more applicable. twisted

Title DM is fine, I assume that this isn't a very active role to do, And I usually have plenty of time, so thats fine for me.

In the same sense, any titles you all wish to give out?
How about some awrds we could hand out?

Most damage delt in a single turn (PVP)
Most damage delt in a single turn (Dungeon or Minigame)

What do you all think?

(also I posted alot of new crap in the submit your own sections! Check em out.. I'm trying to think outside of the box here! I'm in the same frame of mind as when I made supreme strike.)

Those two sound fine, I have a bunch of generic ones that I will post later today.
And go ahead with those new threads, it’s your deal now after all.  

FARGORE
Captain

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:17 am
How about most damage done over all. (Not including over kill damage or unofficial stuff like pvp.) I think I know someone who might take that from Gerbo twisted

Also whose taken the most damage over all.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:20 am
How about, Longest Survivor? The character who has gone the longest without dying (this wound be timed in number of consecutive dungeons/PVP/Minigames survived without being reduced to 0 hp)  

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200

-A M P-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:19 pm
Ok so as far as Item creation goes, if they want to create something that doesn't exsist yet, could we do something like a loose interpretaion of what they want, rather then having them actually define the stats for us to ok?

Example. useing previous example.

[person that wants the spell says.]
I want a spell that costs 2MP thats raises my defense as much a possible for one turn.

[DM says.]
Ok, lets me see what I can do...

[DM then goes and talks with other DM's and they agree on what it is...]

[DM goes back to character and says.]
OK how about [insert agreed upon spell], does that work?

[Character]
Ok! so whats the formula?

What do you think about that?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:01 pm
-A M P-
Ok so as far as Item creation goes, if they want to create something that doesn't exsist yet, could we do something like a loose interpretaion of what they want, rather then having them actually define the stats for us to ok?

Example. useing previous example.

[person that wants the spell says.]
I want a spell that costs 2MP thats raises my defense as much a possible for one turn.

[DM says.]
Ok, lets me see what I can do...

[DM then goes and talks with other DM's and they agree on what it is...]

[DM goes back to character and says.]
OK how about [insert agreed upon spell], does that work?

[Character]
Ok! so whats the formula?

What do you think about that?

I don't know...if that's they way it is, it's not much better than the spell request thread (which, while excellent, does not an Organization specialty make).  

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200

-A M P-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:13 pm
So your saying that we can only make spells and what not that copy or mimic abilities already ok'ed for normal use, as per the example that Fargore gave? So we could make stuff like...

Apprentice Headband: 4EQ
Grants the Skilled Actor Ability.

But not things like in my original example?  
RPS Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games