Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:35 pm
Religion and fifteen year olds is bound to result in "Ha, us Americans are nowhere near as backwards as those Hadji's!"  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:16 pm
King Kento

Anyone familar with the British school teacher who was doing work in Sudan and was arrested and deported over "insulting Islam" when children in her class asked to name a teddy bear Muhammad?

Yeah, and it's evident that Islamic people are just out to get people. seeing as they are going way over the top for a simple mistake. Its horrible for them to call for her execution for such a minute thing. It makes me wonder why they think that Islam gives them an excuse to wage war and kill people, that their God encourages such things, when the rest of the world knows that the higher power tries to work against it.  

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

King Kento

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:51 am
Lt. Brookman
Religion and fifteen year olds is bound to result in "Ha, us Americans are nowhere near as backwards as those Hadji's!"

Yes, but Itll certainly change the subject.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:14 pm
Lt. Brookman

Yes, of course, because ALL AMERICANS think the way you think we think.
Every single damn one of us, all the same, no difference, conformation of the mind, no outliers, no deviants, nothing.  

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

alucard no life king

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:59 pm
lol i dont fit in this areaa lol im from canda a lol  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:10 pm
[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]
Lt. Brookman

Yes, of course, because ALL AMERICANS think the way you think we think.
Every single damn one of us, all the same, no difference, conformation of the mind, no outliers, no deviants, nothing.

He did say religion and "fifteen year olds". So thats a pretty small slice of the US. And honestly, your post makes it seem you took that seriously.  

King Kento

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:53 pm
I did take that seriously, why shouldn't I? Mac's been quite loose with the American s**t and I'm tired of it. Just because you're not American doesn't mean you're better.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:19 pm
[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]
I did take that seriously, why shouldn't I? Mac's been quite loose with the American s**t and I'm tired of it. Just because you're not American doesn't mean you're better.
A little tidbit here. Kento is American. So is Darkelf. So am I. Do we get upset when he says things that may be derogitory towards the United States? No. I'm not too sure about Kento, but DE and I are fairly patriotic.

You need to learn to not take things so seriously. You need to be able to laugh at yourself. If you can't do that, then what can you laugh at? Race, gender, sex, religion, or other such things aren't that big of a deal to me, and it's because I don't make a big deal out of them. By getting offended you only make yourself look simple minded and easily flustered.

Why not retort that Europe is filled with pretentious godless heathens? whee  

Xenos Mortium

King Kento

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:43 am
Correct Xenos, Im american, and hardly patriotic, I believe in reason over patriotism.

Anyways, you can joke along, such as telling him to scurry back to his windmill, or you couldve given an intelligent response to the topic of a UK teacher scapegoated to religious extremism.

And of course, it was a generalization from Brooky, but like some there is some truth to it, just not as much as it exaggerates.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:28 am
If it makes you feel any better, chances of Mac ever visiting the US and stabbing you in your sleep are slim to nothing because he hates flying, the short flight from the UK to the swamps he inhabits is enough to see him age a few years in one hour. He has a tendency to be cynical at the wrong moments; "if you have anything to declare, just say that it is not a bomb". And above all else dreads having to hear the various members of this place and other places tell him to look them up. So, should we ever be in Vegas and you happen to be in New York, give us a call and we'll scoot over for a relaxed afternoon of chatting and skipping in the meadows.

edit.

Mac is also big chums with Mat, our resident US Iraq veteran. Mac hates the war as much as he hates you (j/k), but I've never caught him saying nasty things to Mat about his time fighting there. I guess it has something to do with respect.

Or the fact that Mac is easily awed by stories of Mat driving a tank over parked cars. talk2hand

edit.

and he likes westerns a lot.  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:22 am
I thought I was the one who always joked, often times too much and it's gotten me in trouble here. I dislike the war as well, but I know damn well that when we leave, that shithole of a country is going to go FUBAR real hard, real fast.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:03 am
Well, that place is a big mess now. So when all those soldiers go things the people will just turn on each other with more interest.

I used to think that my cousin died there for a reason. But after all this time it is still one big mess of zero progress and piles of dead people, both local and foreign.  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:12 pm
Speaking of terrorism and all those wacky Ahab the Arab antics, each year my government produces special warning commercials to warn for the dangers of fireworks. For the uninitiated, we Dutch only shoot fireworks ourselves on the 31st of December, much like how Yanks are allowed to shoot fireworks on the 4th of July. We let the old year go out with a bang. Only, a lot of ******** lose a limb or two due to stupid stunts, so each year the government shows to the point commercials about what can happen when you d**k around with fizzy exploding stuff.

The last few years however were not so successful. Yes, they did warn people, but the disfigured people shown in the commercials "told" the people that obviously, people with a disfigurement are idiots who played with fireworks! People born with disfigurements or simply lost them in an accident were discriminated. No lawsuits were needed as we are quite reasonable.

So this year they looked to Al Jazeera for inspiration. Quite clever enough, these were put up on YouTube by the government organisation and have become quite popular. So here, for your viewing pleasure, three of the four released commercials, with English subtitles, because us Dutch are some of the few European countries who don't re-dub our movies etc.

1. LAAF arms arriving
2. LAAF eternal rains of fire
3. LAAF Mother of all Rocket

For those interested: www.laaf.info  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:55 am
Those videos were beautiful and terrible at the same time. The second one ebing my favorite.  

King Kento

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:55 am
The main questions are, is Mac going to be branded a big jerk for showing us this and will his country be the subject of religious fury?  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games