Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:12 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I'm making good progress on the Julie & Julia book. About a third of the way through it. Not sure if I'll finish it before the end of the month but I'll try.

I haven't even gotten around to reading more of Obsession. Not as easy getting to it as a physical book since I've got the PDF on my computer and I've been working oddball hours at the theater.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:14 pm
I should be receiving a package from Spirit Halloween today, possibly - if it's still matching up with the tracking information predicted date I saw the last time I looked. I'm hoping I finally got the wig I was wanting this time around and won't have to deal with another issue of being given the wrong item.

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:15 pm
It'll be annoying if they sent me a wrong item second time in a row. Especially since I don't get to have a third-times-the-charm opportunity now since the wig I want is all sold out now. ((Yay for wanting an online only item...))

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:17 pm
My parents decided to go to an Oktoberfest event today. This marks the second year in a row that I haven't gotten to join them in such festivities. Oh well.

Apparently our Activities Coordinator is planning on having an Oktoberfest event here at the Assisted Living facility next month. So... there's that.

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:21 pm
Oh, look! She actually threw away her stir sippers.

Just a rare occasion of her doing the right thing? Or is my sign actually having an effect?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:23 pm
Two and half hours until I get off work.

I've already done all of my tasks for the day. And some.

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:31 pm
Every so often my Mom keeps suggesting that I look at job postings that show up through the county... and it's getting annoying. I've told her multiple times I'm not interested in anything in the law (or similar) field. And she's all "I know... but this isn't in the same department as me." True... but it's still involved in the same field as you are, Mom. "And they've got great benefits!" Okay... I don't care. I mean, yeah, good benefits will be nice to have. But I would rather get them at a job I'm actually going to enjoy (and relate to what I'm interested in) than be stuck with another position that has nothing to do with what I went to school for.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:36 pm
Then there's the repeated discussion of why I haven't considered applying for any of the manager positions that have opened up at the theater. One - I'm trying to find a job that is outside of the theater. Yes, I've enjoyed working there (for the most part) but it's time for me to move on. Just haven't found something to allow me to completely let it go. Two - Assistant managers don't get paid that much more than floor staff. Three - If you thought floor staff schedules are chaotic, then you have no idea what managers' schedules are. They still change week to week and it's longer hours (and means I would either wake up extremely earlier, if opening, or get home really late, if closing).

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:38 pm
Guess I'm just feeling anxious about the whole job thing again because quite a few of my theatre co-workers are leaving because they found new jobs and they talk about it like it's been their dream job (or close to it) and fit more into their desires of what they've been looking for (i.e. salary/wage, scheduled days working, etc.).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:41 pm
*looks randomly at job openings* "Are you someone who loves to write about..." such and such subject that I have no interest in. Ugh! Where are the jobs that apply to what I'm into?

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:44 pm
I want a job that is more consistent with a schedule, no more of these kaleidoscope schedules I'm getting at the theater, and where I don't have to work on the weekend anymore. I'm done with anything Customer Service related and having to be the first person someone has to interact with when coming into a place. I would like to have a position where I can work in peace, have a desk of my own (no more having to share things with someone else), and be able to walk around the building freely without mentally feeling like I've got a chain keeping me attached to my little work area. Not to mention, something that embraces my creative side more.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:48 pm
I would still love to be able to my volunteer work at the shelter. If I had to, I could drop the Vet Data Entry position since it's not as significant to me as my socialization shifts.

This is Austin (the cat)'s contribution to this post, lol: cat_sweatdrop

_)PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPpp;'[45129iiiiii

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:54 pm
Everyone's like "Oh, you got a degree in English? You should go into teaching or work at the Library." The only time I'm going to work in the education environment is if it's at the college level. I so do not want to deal with little kids or troublesome teenagers... or have to be limited by cookie-cutter agendas of what needs to be taught. Unfortunately, there's rarely any openings in the particular field I majored in or would be interested in doing (and could possibly do with the education I have).

And don't even get me started on the library stuff. It's hella competitive when there are openings available (when there are ones that don't require a very specific degree in a specific field). Plus I thought I had a foot in the door when I did the substitute on-call page position but then my supervisor cowardly let me go without saying word to me on what was going on. So... now I've got a love-hate feeling towards libraries when it comes to the job/career area.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:56 pm
And I've applied multiple times to the nearby bookstores, retail and college-oriented, with no luck. So... I'm just worn out from trying at getting a job there too.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:58 pm
Guess I'm just at a loss of what to do. I want a better paying job with better hours and schedule, and want to be able to get my own place. But everything seems to be working against me when I try to.

"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games