Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:01 pm
ShadowCatSoul

I never knew that that word was an ethnic slur.
Most people don't.

Further reading I recommend starting out with Pariah Syndrome by Ian Hancock.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:19 am
All of these are paraphrased, but based on real events:

"I'm the reincarnation of (insert Final Fantasy character here). It's totally possible because there are infinite universes, so the events of the game could have happened just as we saw them in an alternate universe. What? You don't believe me? You're just intolerant and closed-minded!"

"I'm soulbonded to (insert fictional character here). I hear his voice in my head and have sex with him on the astral plane. I've even carried his astral-babies. What? You don't believe me? You're just intolerant and closed-minded!"

"Soulbonding is my religion! Putting filmy scarves over the office lamps is part of my religious practice, so telling me to take them off because they're a fire hazard is an infringement of my freedom of religion!"  

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:56 am
I'm shocked... Actually, truly shocked. Was I so blind that I didn't see what was going on, or did she hide it enough that I couldn't see? Were we ever really close friends once she left for the JC? I'm not sure anymore...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:16 pm
Yanueh

"I'm the reincarnation of (insert Final Fantasy character here). It's totally possible because there are infinite universes, so the events of the game could have happened just as we saw them in an alternate universe. What? You don't believe me? You're just intolerant and closed-minded!"

"I'm soulbonded to (insert fictional character here). I hear his voice in my head and have sex with him on the astral plane. I've even carried his astral-babies. What? You don't believe me? You're just intolerant and closed-minded!"

"Soulbonding is my religion! Putting filmy scarves over the office lamps is part of my religious practice, so telling me to take them off because they're a fire hazard is an infringement of my freedom of religion!"

LMAO @ astral sex and astral babies  

ShadowCatSoul

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:27 pm
Yanueh

I totally know what you're referring to. Like, the specific events.

The otakukin stance is that those events were blown way out of proportion.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:55 pm
It's possible, but I have my doubts. I know a schizophrenic Mr. Dark who is quite the master at playing sane and pretending everything's cool when put on the spot.

Plus, if you actually read their journals... *shakes head*

Actual quote from a "Na'vikin" - IE, person who thinks they're a Na'vi from Avatar:

Quote:
If you were hexapodal I might take you more seriously, as proper fauna is hexapodal.

Anyway, I'm going to be the bigger person here and not ban you and forgive you, as Na'vi are a forgiving people.

Source.

What's doubly sad is that quite a few comments consist of a Na'vikin and a wolf/manta ray-thingkin arguing over who is actually the most plausible.  

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

ShadowCatSoul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:03 pm
Yanueh
It's possible, but I have my doubts. I know a schizophrenic Mr. Dark who is quite the master at playing sane and pretending everything's cool when put on the spot.

Plus, if you actually read their journals... *shakes head*

Actual quote from a "Na'vikin" - IE, person who thinks they're a Na'vi from Avatar:

Quote:
If you were hexapodal I might take you more seriously, as proper fauna is hexapodal.

Anyway, I'm going to be the bigger person here and not ban you and forgive you, as Na'vi are a forgiving people.

Source.

What's doubly sad is that quite a few comments consist of a Na'vikin and a wolf/manta ray-thingkin arguing over who is actually the most plausible.

They DO know that Na'vi are a fictional race created for the purpose of entertainment, right? And wolf/manta ray? That's two completely different species. No possible way they could have anything to do with each other.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:25 pm
I think they believe that the creator of the movie was, for lack of a better term, 'divinely inspired,' or that because there are infinite alternate universes then the events of the movie could have happened in one of them just as it was depicted in the movie.

...And yes, the premise does beg the question of whether there are alternate universes like ours or not.  

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:50 pm
A Facebook status:

Quote:
Thinking about Lupercalia/Imbolc and this years dedications.

I wasn't aware that Lupercalia and Imbolc were so interchangeable or similar that you could stick a / in between them.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:58 pm
Illiezeulette
A Facebook status:

Quote:

I wasn't aware that Lupercalia and Imbolc were so interchangeable or similar that you could stick a / in between them.

i think it may have been meant as an "and/or". kind of like the schools when they send out notices, they'll say your son/daughter....

meh, i don't know...  

whiporwill-o

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:01 pm
whiporwill-o
Illiezeulette
A Facebook status:

Quote:

i think it may have been meant as an "and/or". kind of like the schools when they send out notices, they'll say your son/daughter....

meh, i don't know...

I just find the two so different that it would have made much more sense to use a comma. I think the slash is a byproduct of some eclectic pagans' tendencies to lump a bunch of festival names together for one date when the festivals are completely different in origin.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:10 pm
Illiezeulette
whiporwill-o
Illiezeulette
A Facebook status:

Quote:

meh, i don't know...

I just find the two so different that it would have made much more sense to use a comma. I think the slash is a byproduct of some eclectic pagans' tendencies to lump a bunch of festival names together for one date when the festivals are completely different in origin.

but you wouldn't put a comma in between just the two - it wouldn't make sense, you'd have to use the word 'and'... maybe the person is just lazy, i know i am which is why i almost never use capital letters ninja  

whiporwill-o

redwolfshadow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:29 pm
"How many wiccans does it take to change a lightbulb?"
"Oh! we dont use lightbulbs. We think happy thoughts at our quarts crystals and they glow!"  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:59 pm
AniMajor
Although then the person would only have the memories up until the split occurred. Unless, of course, you mean that Rose Tyler died outside of her timeline, far enough back that she didn't exist yet, but close enough to be reincarnated as the LJ girl. However, it brings up the problem that Rose Tyler no longer travels through time, and she's still very much alive at this point in time, so there's no way for her to go back and die before she was born.

Unless, of course, all time has already passed and we are only perceiving it as currently progressing. The assumptions of a single discrete narrative and the assumption of non-concordant narratives is very comforting, but still just an assumption. It may have some basis that our current perceptual interpretations of the narrative support, however, it is not enough for me to discount as impossible, or even improbable.
This all also assumes far less predestination than in causally likely.  

Fiddlers Green

Edith Puthie

Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:03 am
TeaDidikai
I call to the guardians of the East- of lightening and Pikachu!
I call to the guardians of the South- of Fire and Charizard!
I call to the guardians of the West- of Water and Squertal!
I call to the guardians of the North- of Earth and ... oh ********. I can't even complete that without feeling so dirty I would spend the rest of the weekend in the shower.

I could see someone doing this as a Joke, but really? xD LOL I can't stop laughing. biggrin

thats almost as bad as: (These maybe already posted somewhere.)

My familiar is Pikachu.
My Familiar is a Chocobo.
I am the reincarnation of Merlin (or *insert famous person here*).
I am a christian-witch! (Oh dear god do not get me started...)  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games