Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Administration Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iOggy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:19 am
Nintendo Punk 05
Wow.. 2 join Requests!!!

Good Join Request
Hello there! My name's -blank-, and I'd like to join.. cos.. well, i'm a band nerd. Why else? In school band I play bass guitar, but I'm learning drums outside of school and hope to play percussion next year or maybe something else entirely different. I've been playing bass since early 2005, but I practice a lot. I've been playing drums since February. I wouldn't be in band if it weren't for me switching to private school, where you have to be in band until you're in 10th grade. I'm glad I got in band because it's my favorite subject now and I'm so obsessed with it. Haha.. thanks a ton.

Bad Join Request
I play percussion, I've been playing since the beginning of this year, band is AWESOME, and this guild looks pretty awesome too.

Now, see, I'd consider that second one a good request. My "Bad" one goes more like this:

Bad Join Request
Let me join please.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:19 pm
Yeah, I'd accept those first two but decline the third...some people are just more verbose than others. If it's borderline, I just leave it for someone else to decide.  

Wildervast

Space Werewolf

Eldritch BiLast

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:28 pm
Well i meant it was bad as it really didn't describe what he did in full.. just HEY LET ME IN more like vibe i got.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:26 am
So lets get some chatter started..

I JUST PREREGISTERED FOR OTAKON!!! Any other mods going?  

Eldritch BiLast

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:18 pm
Nintendo Punk 05
So lets get some chatter started..

I JUST PREREGISTERED FOR OTAKON!!! Any other mods going?

I was planning to go, and I really want to go- just too far and too much money. crying But I might go to AWA if I can find a ride there from school (or if I get the money over the weekend to pay for my car to be here).  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:47 pm
I'm always hesitant to accept join requests from people who are obviously solely into the rock bands since we're so marching/concert based. I don't want them to feel neglected. o_o

I won't be going to Otakon, but MTAC is in 24 days, and I'm SO gonna' be there. XD I should be going to AWA also, but I haven't registered yet.  

froggyfluf

Eldritch BiLast

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:02 pm
crying

You should go! I got a place at my aunts house, and there is a hotel right near there that shouldn't be that packed, and it's cheap. I could meet up with you guys at that hotel and drive ya to the con.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:06 pm
I'm not going to Otakon! I don't even remember where that is! biggrin

But...um...My sister's going to Anime Expo; I might go too if I can get some health issues resolved before then. I'm definitely going to the San Diego Comic-Con though; it's right in my hometown so that'll be easier. And it's bigger. And there's more stuff. And Studio Foglio, or at least Phil, will be there. And I am going to find that dealer that sells very pretty but kind of expensive fantasy and sci-fi plushies and pick up a cute and cuddly night-gaunt plushie for myself. I shall have a faceless winged terror of my very own, mwahahaha. They have shoggoth plushies too but they don't look like shoggoths. They look like starfish with too many eyes. Laaaame. Although I must admit, it's as good a plushie shoggoth as you can get because they're not supposed to have any sort of definite shape at all. Meh.

I love conventions. I always come back with so much superfluous crap. Most of it's free, too! Paper products, mostly, but there's the occasional pin, button, or (in the case of one Transformers booth) wee toy. You know how you'll be looking at stuff, trying not to get to close or make eye contact with the dealer because you're not all that interested in their products, you just need more things to look at? And then all of a sudden you're the only one in front of the booth and the poor dealer is all excited and telling you about their products or their comic book or showing you sketches and telling you about their original characters or maybe his dog or his mom or his kids, and now you're stuck because you'd really like to move on, but you can't just up and walk away! So you smile and nod and enthusiastically take a flyer or a bookmark and then leave and don't look at the other booths around there until you don't think the chatty dealer remembers you anymore....but then it starts all over again two tables down.

I don't even use bookmarks. If I need to mark my exact place in a book because I won't remember (which I usually do), I just grab the nearest piece of scrap paper and use that.  

Wildervast

Space Werewolf

Masquanade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:40 pm
Nintendo Punk 05
crying

You should go! I got a place at my aunts house, and there is a hotel right near there that shouldn't be that packed, and it's cheap. I could meet up with you guys at that hotel and drive ya to the con.

lol that sounds awesome . . . alas I can't have a job during school, so I would have to hope I could make the money to not only pay for the hotel room, but also how I'm going to get there and the registration fee PLUS spending money- all during this summer. Which would defiantly require a full time job . . . which I don't really want . . .  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:53 pm
Silver Gryphon
I don't even use bookmarks. If I need to mark my exact place in a book because I won't remember (which I usually do), I just grab the nearest piece of scrap paper and use that.

zomg. eek I'm not the only one!

I usually just tell myself to remember *page 165* or somesuch, and that's enough. I only use (makeshift) bookmarks when I can't read anymore from tiredness.

Oh, and regarding con scheduling; the only one I can even remotely afford is Nan Desu Kon, here in Aurora. It's in October, I think... *bugs his friends for more details* I've actually never been to a con. ninja  

iOggy

Wildervast

Space Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:56 pm
If it's fiction, or a non-fiction work with a continuing story (biography, history, etc.), I'll remember where I am. I only use bookmarks for reference works, or for when I need to remember where a quote is.

Sorry I haven't been active in the guild; I've been busy with lots of other things on Gaia and in real life. Also, since I haven't been in as much, I don't know what's already been posted, so that doesn't help any. I still work on join requests though! gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:40 pm
iOggy
Silver Gryphon

zomg. eek I'm not the only one!

I usually just tell myself to remember *page 165* or somesuch, and that's enough. I only use (makeshift) bookmarks when I can't read anymore from tiredness.

Oh, and regarding con scheduling; the only one I can even remotely afford is Nan Desu Kon, here in Aurora. It's in October, I think... *bugs his friends for more details* I've actually never been to a con. ninja

I used bookmarks . . . mostly because I don't read as much as I would like. So I can start a book and finish it like months later. I'm a very fast reader, just I don't put enough time into reading books (then again I read like those really long fantasy series). I also use bookmarks to tell me which side of the page I'm on. I put it face down if I stopped on the right page or face up if I stopped on the left page- that way I can find my spot easier. sweatdrop  

Masquanade
Vice Captain

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:23 am
I'm back. I Hate American Airlines. The day before we left they canceld our return flights. the day of at 4 in the morning they cancel my flight. I was supoosed to go to chicago to san jose boom boom. noo i now go to new york to dallas to san jose. I had a 4 hr layover in dallas. some people were set up to leave at 3:30 pm but they had to beg to be put on an earlier flight. they had a 7hr layover in dallas. The compotition went good. we got best band like normal blah blah blah xd . All of the food sucked. My friend got food poisioning and barfed every time she ate. And the theme park closed all the rides but 2 down. even the arcade scream no DDR crying .

Anywho I would like to help with the Easter Egg thing becuase I have no life ^_^. I would love to go to a convention maybe next year when i get a licence/job. Yay life.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:58 am
Scheissenkopf
Anywho I would like to help with the Easter Egg thing becuase I have no life ^_^. I would love to go to a convention maybe next year when i get a licence/job. Yay life.

Awesome. That's good news.

Oh BTW- this guild isn't centered around marching/ concert band. In the front page it states that we accept any type of music lover. So with that knowledge- you can accept people how you want.

[edit] I was thinking about some more subforums- maybe like a "wish me luck/bragging" subforum. No clue how I would word that. And a subforum to discuss music we listen to and such.  

Masquanade
Vice Captain

Tubariffic
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:55 pm
That may or maynot be a good idea. They could probably both be a stiki. I <3 slots! I got 3wings today and ive been playing cards so i got a mole and sold it for 14k i think i used 1k maybe in tokens.almost half way done with my quest!  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 294 295 296 297 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games