Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:20 pm
:rolls:

their site, their rules.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:44 pm
True Colours of Destiny
:rolls:

their site, their rules.
Essentially yes. But they're still a business and a service.

Not catering to their users is a bad business move. This is essentially shown when you have people taking the money they would spend on Gaia Cash, buying cigarettes, and mailing them to Gaia HQ.

Also, it was their site their rules with the ***** word ban. They still changed it after massive continual backlash.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

Doc Dillamond

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:48 pm
Shearaha
gemherbal
last night i found my beloved pet parrot dead in his cage. he was young and there was no reason for his death. i was and still am devistated.school. was miserable. i didnt want to be around anyone so i ate my lunch in the bathroom. i have held back tears all day, but they came out multiple times.

I am sorry for your loss. I know your pain. Know that he will, your belifes depending, be waiting for you, or may find you again.

thank you, and i will see him someday.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:15 pm
This is likely a legal issue.
Some lawyer mayhaps decided that this counts as marketting or at least increasing appeal of tobacco to minors, or they were having trouble finding a sponsor due to it.
I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did, to be honest.  

Fiddlers Green

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:45 pm
Fiddlers Green
This is likely a legal issue.
Some lawyer mayhaps decided that this counts as marketting or at least increasing appeal of tobacco to minors, or they were having trouble finding a sponsor due to it.
I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did, to be honest.
Sometimes I honestly think they should just raise the age limit. The average age of Gaians I meet is around 18, and I know I haven't met a representative sample, but Gaia was never meant to me a children's networking site. Back when it had anime links on the front page most of them were of anime decidedly not for kids. Most of the older (as in have been on the site longer) users were of college age back in 2004, and I think I was around 3 months off of being 17. Nevermind that last I checked, you could portray smoking in PG-13 movies.

And really, that argument is very weak when we've got items like the nightmare and alruna's rose, which are by comparison more violent and sexualised. I forget if it's the rose or some other Alruna themed item, but you can get her in bondage shackles, an activity also illegal for those under 18 I might add. In all fairness I'm anti-smoking myself, but I don't understand the drive to remove it from media lest the impressionable youth think it's cool. I've never been remotely motivated to smoke because I saw anyone else do it, least of all a movie star. I have however used unlit cigarettes or fake cigarettes in cos-play, and given the amount of cos-play that goes on in this site, I can understand that other people would want to as well.

And the ***** word ban was a legal issue as well, with several parents groups threatening to have Gaia shut down for unsafe guidelines for minors, and it wasn't just Funliver, and yet Gaia still, after years of backlash, not only removed the ban but apologised for it in the first place. I'm just hoping it doesn't take years this time as well, because I remember people getting account suspensions for debating against ***** because they used the word.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:11 pm
I'm not in a bad mood... just sad. I wish that I didn't have so much negative energy, but that seems impossible about now.  

[Your Worst Nitemare]

Calixti

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:32 pm
******** been bad, anxiety-wise. Tonight's going to be worse, depression-wise. The meds are no help in an extreme downward spiral. I don't see my therapist again for more than a week and don't see my psych until late next month.

And I'm visiting my family for Thanksgiving. My sister, who's an ableist ********, my brother who's even worse, my dad, who can't comprehend my personal-space needs because of HIS disability, and my mum who basically tells me to shut up and play ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** god for my anime collection, which should allow me to get through tonight, at least, in twentysome minute intervals. And for my cats.

Still. ********.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:47 pm
Calixti

And I'm visiting my family for Thanksgiving. My sister, who's an ableist ********, my brother who's even worse, my dad, who can't comprehend my personal-space needs because of HIS disability, and my mum who basically tells me to shut up and play ******** ******** ******** ******** ******** god for my anime collection, which should allow me to get through tonight, at least, in twentysome minute intervals. And for my cats.

Still. ******** class="clear">
You need to talk? I'm all ears.  

[Your Worst Nitemare]

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:52 pm
******** it, if I have to read that Christmas is a stolen holiday ONE MORE TIME, I am FINDING a kitten and I AM PUNCHING IT stressed  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:09 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
stressed
eek

*hides kittens*

ninja  

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:09 am
I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving.
While I have never had a "family" Thanksgiving that resembles a Norman Rockwell painting, I do have Jerome and Carolee, my Nana, twenty or so other people from RCR and lots of good food and holiday traditions.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:20 pm
I hate it when people cause me to remember why and how much I dislike my mother.  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

patch99329

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:02 pm
Crappy: Biology is fail. I'm spending 10 hours in the lab, 5 have passed and I've made little progress. Bromothymol blue can go die.

Happy: My boyfriend is the sweetest thing ever. He's been so understanding today!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:49 pm
Guest at the store: May I ask what your ethnicity is?
Me: My heritage is Korean and German.
Guest at the store:...YOU'RE WHITE.
Me: eek ... confused ... stare ...User Image.

I'm starting to really hate that question. There's only been one or two people in the past 8 months that haven't said something mildly insulting (IMO) about it when I tell them. Is it fair to just start telling people it's none of their business?  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:51 pm
ugh. Allergies have me up and I so want to be asleep right now.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games