Welcome to Gaia! ::

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Back to Guilds

Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
----~The Asian Pride Bar~---- (Come Chat with us!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 ... 1903 1904 1905 1906 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thank you again Jarvin, for changing the poll!
  Jarvin = Anima2nboy = Animaznboy (boohoo, he got hacked.)
View Results

RAWRpham

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:15 pm
Tahimek
Getting quite expensive, I know.

I'm actually considering looking into a motorcycle, which was suggested by a friend and even my parents (hesitantly, heheh). It might sound crazy - perhaps it is - and would mean making a lot of lifestyle changes, but I was probably bound to try it out anyway.

[WAITER]
yeah my dad said the same thing. he said it be a lot cheaper  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:26 pm
Gas may be cheaper for a motorcycle, but you have to weigh the other cost involved with owning a motorcycle.
Insurance - depending on your age and other factors, this can really rape you.
Maintenance - normal maintenance items such as motor oil is significantly more expensive than the automotive equivalent. Tires are expensive and need to be replaced more often. Chains are also quite expensive. I think you get the idea.
Riding gear - this stuff adds up too, I wouldn't be skimping on safety. There are other things worth mentioning, but I'm sure you can already see my point. So if your car is getting close to 30mpg, then the added cost of getting 35-70mpg on a motorcycle may not be worth it. If your car doesn't have good fuel economy, then maybe a cheap car with better fuel economy may be a better idea. I would definitely look into all the cost involved before deciding that a motorcycle would save money just because it gets better fuel economy. Personally, I have 2 RX7s that require high octane gasoline and get 15-20mpg at best. Would I drive a cheap commuter car? Probably not, but I'm an idiot for not doing so.

S.k.y.y

Euphoric Ghost

Kawaii Cub

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:53 am
That's actually pretty informative, thanks Skyy.
Gas may drop, but it seems like it's not going to drop much. One thing that not a lot of people talk about it that we're not the only country out there experiencing this gas hike, and other countries are thankfully developing, but along with development comes cars and a lot of other countries are sucking down gas too. So yeah.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:27 pm
Oh no. It's July already. gonk  

MizukiLee

Friendly Explorer

5,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50

Rebirth Project

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:02 am
King Henry
kirbyazn
Euphoric Ghost
So... how about those gas prices eh.

xDD ;D
In 2010 they'll be 7 bucks a gallon 8D

D:

The gas prices are ridiculous. I had to pay $20 yesterday on 4.5 gallons. I was like, "Mutha effer!" At my old job, I had to work three hours just to make twenty bucks eek Oh well, at least it's better here than in Germany. They pay $9 a gallon over there.

You don't wanna live in Canada, Henry. ;_; It's like over 1.6o$ a liter here! A LITER!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:50 am
Speaking of gas prices, anyone here play the Rally/Car game much? Where do people get some of the stuff I don't see in the shop? o0 like spaceships.... I want one neutral  

Euphoric Ghost

Kawaii Cub

intruderz10

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:42 pm
AWESOME, can I have the best drink you have? biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:43 pm
Filipinoy92
blaugh Hey! I'm interested in being a waitress...Just kidding! What do you think I am, straight? *joke* Interested in being comedian.

*note, it may take me a while to arrive. sweatdrop

Peace to all my family in the Philippines! biggrin

Filipinos rock!! ASIANS ROCK!!  

intruderz10

[pain]TING

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:12 pm
ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:45 pm
Euphoric Ghost
Speaking of gas prices, anyone here play the Rally/Car game much? Where do people get some of the stuff I don't see in the shop? o0 like spaceships.... I want one neutral

The only car games I play are at arcades. Other than that, I'm not really into it. xD  

Rebirth Project

Anima2nboy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:13 pm
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

I wish I could be love,
Then I could be
All over the world.

JD. My dad wanted to get me a yellow Vespa. A scooter. Not even a motor-cycle. But a scooter. gonk Those things are friggin small xD. Even if I were a safe scooterist, I could get nudged by a car and fall off then die ;O. He also wanted the yellow vespa so that I could scooter around, hit people in the heads with guitars, and battle aliens from outer space. rofl I could imagine using one though. I'm seeing more and more people on scooters nowadays... The one we looked at a while ago had 110 mpg. :shocked: If only that were a car...
I'll remember to love,
You taught me how.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:21 pm
Anima2nboy
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

I wish I could be love,
Then I could be
All over the world.

JD. My dad wanted to get me a yellow Vespa. A scooter. Not even a motor-cycle. But a scooter. gonk Those things are friggin small xD. Even if I were a safe scooterist, I could get nudged by a car and fall off then die ;O. He also wanted the yellow vespa so that I could scooter around, hit people in the heads with guitars, and battle aliens from outer space. rofl I could imagine using one though. I'm seeing more and more people on scooters nowadays... The one we looked at a while ago had 110 mpg. :shocked: If only that were a car...
I'll remember to love,
You taught me how.

User Image
And don't forget the amount of Japanese school boys with random objects growing from their heads that you'll meet on a Vespa.....  

[pain]TING

soyXsauce

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:16 pm
happy july 4th!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:17 pm
part until you drop ! lol  

kyoslove74

Romantic Prophet

8,500 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • First step to fame 200
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 ... 1903 1904 1905 1906 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games