Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
kiska166 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:35 pm
User Image

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

╔══════════════════════════╗
Mackenzie Hawthorne
Gryffindor - First Year - Eleven Years Old - Halfblood
╚══════════════════════════╝

Mackenzie wanted to give up. She was awful and she knew it. There was no way she'd make the team at this rate. At least, not as a chaser. Maybe her luck would be better as a seeker, just like she wanted to be originally. Licking her lips (which had gotten quite dry flying through all of this wind), Kenzie tried to pull the quaffle out from Gideon's grasp.

Team: Red Chaser
Armour Class: 12
Modifiers: (looking for snitch +2) (catching snitch +2)
Skills: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch & Natural Flyer
Total Roll: 14 (missed)
Lives: [1] [2] [3]
Spot: 19+
Catch: 22+
Steal: + AC
Score: + than keeper

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Cinnabun Gryffie rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:39 pm
User ImageUser Image

Fσυятн Yεαя Gячғғıпɔσя

Gid managed to avoid another steal attempt, though this one was much closer. He bit his bottom lip, then finished his path to the goals. Here went another try. He threw hard, aiming straight. He figured he'd be happy whether or not the ball was caught.

Position: Gold Team Chaser
AC: 16
Modifiers: +6 {Stealing} +6 {Shooting}
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Good Arm, Swift Swipe
ƬσтαƖ RσƖƖ:25 {___}
3/3
Lives: [✬] [✬] [✬]
Quote:

Cinnabun Gryffie

Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
The Shiny Furret rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:42 pm
User Image
User Image
𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓭 𝔂𝒆𝓪𝓻 𝓰𝓻𝔂𝒇𝒇𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓸𝓻 𝓻𝒆𝓼𝒆𝓻𝓿𝒆 𝓴𝒆𝒆𝓹𝒆𝓻

Kim looked up at Gid as he gave her a word of encouragement. She managed a smile, and watched as him and Mackenzie fought over the ball for a few minutes before he made his way back to her goals once again. As he threw the ball at the goals, she vowed that she wouldn't fail again.

Red Team Keeper
                                                              Deft Dodger | Hold the Line | Great Catch
                                                              AC: 14 | Mods: +6
                                                              Final Roll: 10 (fail again)
                                                              | |

Sometimes I have dreams. I picture myself flying above the clouds, high in the sky.
                                                              Conquering the world with my magic piano, never being scared, but then I realize,
                                                              I'm supergirl and I'm here to save the world, and I wanna know who's gonna save me?
                                                              I'm supergirl and I'm here to save the world, and I wanna know why I feel so alone?

x x x x

OOC: full team roster in the spoilers if anyone needs it

Red Team: Keeper-Kim, Beaters-Aster and Eve, Chasers-Mackenzie and Joel
Gold Team: Keeper-Jameson, Beaters-Jazzy and Brandon, Chasers-Sebastian and Gideon

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:52 pm
User Image
User Image
𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓭 𝔂𝒆𝓪𝓻 𝓰𝓻𝔂𝒇𝒇𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓸𝓻 𝓻𝒆𝓼𝒆𝓻𝓿𝒆 𝓴𝒆𝒆𝓹𝒆𝓻

Once again, the Quaffle flew through the goals, avoiding her hands completely. Well, she couldn't catch all of them, she figured. Still, she couldn't help the few tears that found their way to the corners of her eyes. Looking away from her housemates, Kim tossed the ball to Joel and tried to recollect herself.

Red Team Keeper
                                                              Deft Dodger | Hold the Line | Great Catch
                                                              AC: 14 | Mods: +6
                                                              Final Roll: ---
                                                              | |

Sometimes I have dreams. I picture myself flying above the clouds, high in the sky.
                                                              Conquering the world with my magic piano, never being scared, but then I realize,
                                                              I'm supergirl and I'm here to save the world, and I wanna know who's gonna save me?
                                                              I'm supergirl and I'm here to save the world, and I wanna know why I feel so alone?

x x x x

OOC: full team roster in the spoilers if anyone needs it

Red Team: Keeper-Kim, Beaters-Aster and Eve, Chasers-Mackenzie and Joel
Gold Team: Keeper-Jameson, Beaters-Jazzy and Brandon, Chasers-Sebastian and Gideon

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:55 am
Dear Prudence, greet the brand new day!
The sun is up, the sky is blue...
It's beautiful and so are you!
Dear Prudence, open up your eyes.
Dear Prudence, see the sunny skies.
Look around, round and round-

User Image
p r u d e n c e
" p r u "
l o w e r y

gryffindor purebloodcaptain & keeper seventh year

Now seemed as a good a time as any to call a break. Pru flew in from the sidelines, called a timeout, and landed, waiting patiently on the ground for everyone to do the same. When they had, she spoke up again in a significantly quieter tone. "Alright, this is about the halfway point of tryouts, so we're going to break for ten to fifteen minutes. I have potions for everyone who needs healing up after getting hit, and please drink your water, everyone. You should have brought some with you, if not, go get some. Once everyone's had a chance to cool off we'll start up again, but I'm mixing up teams and a few positions, so wait for that before you get up in the air again." She figured she could spend the time discussing things with Joel a bit, and deciding how she was going to make up the teams for the latter half of tryouts. After a while, when everyone seemed at least somewhat refreshed, she stood up and called for their attention again. "Alright, these are the new teams. Red Team I want Jameson as keeper, Aster and Jazzy as beaters, Gid and Aleah as chasers. Gold Team I want Kim as keeper, Brandon and Eve as beaters, Seb and Joel as chasers. Ivy, Fianna, and Mackenzie will be seeking separately; once again, keep the bludgers between those on the teams. Thanks." After another minute or two she released the bludgers and snitch again, and tossed up the quaffle.

OOC:
((@everyone not playing a seeker: please indicate what team your character is on in their post to lessen any potential confusion as to who's on what team))
Diamond Wales

Miss GryffindorK

Cara MiaKitty

Devlyn Maycry

The Shiny Furret

Deviled Dregs

Graydon Ironshield

kiska166

The wind is low, the birds will sing...
That you are part of everything!
Dear Prudence, let me see you smile.
Dear Prudence, like a little child.
The clouds will be a daisy chain,
So let me see you smile again.

kiska166 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:17 am
User Image

Mackenzie Hawthorne

Mackenzie watched as Gideon effortlessly tossed the quaffle through one of the goalposts. He made being a chaser look so easy, but as the first year had discovered, it really wasn't easy at all. Upon hearing that everyone was going to break, Kenzie flew down and chugged half her water bottle before applying some chapstick to her lips. When Pru called for everyone's attention, the first year was filled with glee upon hearing she'd be seeking. Once the bludgers and snitch were released, she took off into the air, looking around.

Position: Seeker
Total Roll: 7

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Cinnabun Gryffie rolled 10 10-sided dice: 7, 1, 1, 5, 10, 7, 6, 3, 9, 9 Total: 58 (10-100)

Cinnabun Gryffie

Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:37 am
User ImageUser Image

Fσυятн Yεαя Gячғғıпɔσя

Gid was more than happy when Pru called them to a break. He flew to the bench and unhooked his broom, happy to just sit for a few minutes. He drank from his water bottle, then splashed some water over his hair and face. When Pru called their attention again, he quickly mounted on his broom again, then flew to the middle. He was chasing with Aleah this time, the girl who had a modified broom like he did. It made him pretty excited. When Pru said Jazzy was still on his team, the boy cheered internally, glad to have her protection. It was made better that Aster wouldn't be aiming at him too, since she hit friggin hard. Kim was still his opposing Keeper, so he'd have to work past those sad eyes of hers, but he could do it.

As soon as Pru made the tossup, Gid took to the sky, hoping to catch it first for his team.

Position: Red Team Chaser
ƬσтαƖ RσƖƖ:25 {___}
3/3
Quote:

Graydon Ironshield rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:47 pm
User Image
Fianna Grey
Gryffindor Second Year Twelve Years OldSingleReserve Seeker

When Fianna tried to grab the Snitch a second time, her hand slipped on the broomstick, and spoiled her attempt. As she was about to start her search all over again, she heard Pru's call for a time-out. "Nice match, Aleah," she called out to the blonde girl whom had been nearly neck-and-neck with her at several points, offering her a grin and a thumbs-up. Once she was on the ground, Fianna grabbed her water bottle from out of the bag she'd carried her broomstick in.

Fianna was surprised when she heard Aleah was going to given the chance to play Chaser, and that she would be flying against Ivy and Mackenzie. When the balls were set loose again, Fianna launched herself into the air to begin her search anew.

OOC:
AC: 13
Modifiers: +3 to Catch and Spot the Snitch
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Great Catch, Sharp Eyes
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Action: Looking for the Snitch (5.47 pm)
Effect Value: 12
Results: No luck yet
User ImageUser Image
Username

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
kiska166 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 6:32 pm
User Image

Mackenzie Hawthorne

Mackenzie's luck hadn't changed so far, but she was a lot more willing to keep trying her best until she spotted the golden snitch. The girl tried to block out the rest of the tryouts, but they were so distracting, especially with all the bludgers flying back and forth and at students. They seem painful, she thought, hoping she'd never be unfortunate enough to feel their pain.

Total Roll: 19 (spotted!)

Diamond Wales rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:38 am
User Image
                                                  ‘Cause I’m on top of the world, ‘ay
                                                  I’m on top of the world, ‘ay
                                                  Waiting on this for a while now
                                                  Paying my dues to the dirt

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ || Third Yᴇᴀʀ || Rᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇ Bᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Brandon heard a break called and flew down, listening to the new instructions as he got wind of his new teammates. Okay, cool, just the two most experienced beaters on the same team together against himself and a first year. No big deal. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight... Getting onto his broom again after the break, he decided to look for and aim a bludger at Aster. He had a better shot at hitting her than Eve did.

Gold Team Beater
                                                  AC: 14
                                                  Modifiers: Hitting Bludgers +4 (-1)
                                                  Special Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy
                                                  Lives: ☯ ☯ ☯
                                                  Final Roll: 3 (Hit himself!)

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, here I am.
                                                  OOC:

Frilly

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I’ve been waiting to smile, ‘ay
                                                  Been holding it in for a while, ‘ay
                                                  Take you with me if I can
                                                  Been dreaming of this since a child
                                                  I’m on top of the world

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
Diamond Wales rolled 10 10-sided dice: 9, 4, 1, 3, 2, 2, 5, 5, 10, 5 Total: 46 (10-100)

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:55 am
User Image
                                                This ain't a song for the broken-hearted
                                                No silent prayer for the faith-departed
                                                I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd
                                                You're gonna hear my voice
                                                When I shout it out loud

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Vїcё Capтaїп || Gґуffїпdоя Cнa₴єя || ₴їxтн Уёaя

════════════════════════

Joel was mostly still in watch mode, even after Gid had stolen the quaffle. Okay, so maybe he was being a bit lazy, but today he just felt like it. When Pru did the switch with the teams, he nodded and flew up, ready to get the quaffle from Gid.

Gold Team Chaser
                                                AC: 18
                                                Modifiers: Stealing +8, Scoring +8
                                                Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Natural Flyer, Good Arm
                                                Lives: heart heart heart
                                                Final Roll: --

-/3

════════════════════════
                                                Thinking: Hope this year's team is good.
                                                OOC:
                                                Scrum

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

This is for the ones who stood their ground
                                                For Tommy and Gina who never backed down
                                                Tomorrow's getting harder make no mistake
                                                Luck ain't even lucky
                                                Got to make your own breaks

Cinnabun Gryffie rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:58 am
User ImageUser Image

Fσυятн Yεαя Gячғғıпɔσя

Gid watched the quaffle intently as he went to try and nab it. He was up against Joel, and he wondered if his earlier luck would maintain. He grabbed the ball and took off, headed toward the goals.

Position: Red Team Chaser
ƬσтαƖ RσƖƖ:__ {___}
1/3
Quote:

Cinnabun Gryffie

Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 11:29 am
User Image

Mackenzie Hawthorne

There it was! Zooming to the side of the chasers. Mackenzie locked her eyes onto the golden target and took off after it.

Total Roll:

The Forgotten Weasley rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 11:55 am
Habits of the lemmings die hard-
And patterns of obsession go far.
They have you digging ditches so you never see the stars!
Now all the lessons learned get buried in the yard;
And ways of the weapons bombard.
Building mountains of the body bags large-
Rubbernecking while collision greets your car!

User Image
A S T E R I A
C E C I L Y
F R E Y

fifth yearmuggleborngryffindor beater

Aster could have sworn Brandon had just tried to send a bludger her way and hit himself. Shaking her head in amusement, she tried to send one Joel's way.

OOC:
Position: Red Team Beater
AC: 19
Mods: +7 Bludger Hits
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Mean Swing, Deft Dodger
Lives: (X) (X) (X)

Quote:

Follow; don't get left behind-
Don't think, just do what they certify!
You're that servant that never chose a side;
A vassal of the modern times...
And when it all blows up you duck your head and hide.
You're out there searching for that silver line;
But your sweat has covered up the signs.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
Graydon Ironshield rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:49 pm
User Image
Fianna Grey
Gryffindor Second Year Twelve Years OldSingleReserve Seeker

As excited as she was, Fianna knew she needed to settle down and look carefully for the Snitch. Parked a good distance above the pitch, comfortably away from where the Bludgers and the Chasers were swirling about, the little redhead started to comb the field of green looking for that hint of golden metal zipping about.

OOC:
AC: 13
Modifiers: +3 to Catch and Spot the Snitch
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Great Catch, Sharp Eyes
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Action: Looking for the Snitch (5.49 pm)
Effect Value: 16
Results: No luck yet
User ImageUser Image
Username

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games