Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

Maegnis

Dapper Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:14 pm
okay that's lol. But guys I am new here and have only three friends. my girlfriend an my girlfriends mule and a friend of her. Be my friend? crying God i am so lame.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:27 am
beautiful image there.

First though Ryu < Dan, Ryu < Ken, Ryu < Akuma.
Second. simple game mechanics, when doing the shin goku satsu (same goes for murderous intent ryu of Cap v SNK 1) theyre untouchable with that weird foot slide deal.

I do have to agree though with Ken > Akuma. I love me some ken.

Finally, Maegnis, who cares? Its a friends list on a forum site, who looks at your friends list? Also how does it benefit you? I never really touch mine except to see who is or isnt online.

King Kento

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:04 pm
Xenos Mortium
Daemon_King
Xenos Mortium
If only I could find that cat doing the shiryuken, then you'd see, then you'd see!

What?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. (sorry, misspelled it)

Okay......

King Kento

beautiful image there.

Second. simple game mechanics, when doing the shin goku satsu (same goes for murderous intent ryu of Cap v SNK 1) theyre untouchable with that weird foot slide deal.

Finally, Maegnis, who cares? Its a friends list on a forum site, who looks at your friends list? Also how does it benefit you? I never really touch mine except to see who is or isnt online.

Hey, be nice, Ryu is an awesome character, and Ken is too much of a knock off. They need to seperate those three more; Ryu, Akuma, and Ken, they have some differences, I admit, but not enough it seems to me. Anyway, why some much hate for Ryu?  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:29 pm
Daemon_King
King Kento

beautiful image there.

Hey, be nice, Ryu is an awesome character, and Ken is too much of a knock off. They need to seperate those three more; Ryu, Akuma, and Ken, they have some differences, I admit, but not enough it seems to me. Anyway, why some much hate for Ryu?

First off is my own preference when playing the games. When it comes to the Akatsuken characters my best goes in order of Ken, Akuma, Dan, Ryu, Sakura that doesnt count evil ryu, the brazillian kid in yellow, and soem other girl they added later.

First obviously the super moves are different. Over time they have differentiated the basic move set. Such as dodges for ken, some new kick special moves etc. With ryu you have the trapping cyclone kick and his own few little things, and that a 'murderous ryu' appears in at least one game, where as for 'murderous ken' you have to go to Mugen. Hell even Sakura got an evil character in Marvel V Capcom with 'sunburned Sakura'.

Story wise id ont mind ryu so much, hes pretty bland, but not a bad character. But I find other more interesting. Its moetly just game wise as hes so bland.

King Kento

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:55 pm
King Kento
Daemon_King
King Kento

beautiful image there.

First off is my own preference when playing the games. When it comes to the Akatsuken characters my best goes in order of Ken, Akuma, Dan, Ryu, Sakura that doesnt count evil ryu, the brazillian kid in yellow, and soem other girl they added later.

First obviously the super moves are different. Over time they have differentiated the basic move set. Such as dodges for ken, some new kick special moves etc. With ryu you have the trapping cyclone kick and his own few little things, and that a 'murderous ryu' appears in at least one game, where as for 'murderous ken' you have to go to Mugen. Hell even Sakura got an evil character in Marvel V Capcom with 'sunburned Sakura'.

Story wise id ont mind ryu so much, hes pretty bland, but not a bad character. But I find other more interesting. Its moetly just game wise as hes so bland.

The Brazillian kid in yellow is named Sean, and the I have no idea what you mean by "some other girl they added later." All the characters that I know that trained under the Akatsuken, in America they stated their fighting style is Shotokan, is Ryu, Akuma, Dan, Ken, Sakura, and Sean (not including Evl Ryu and Shin Akuma). I know that some of the basic move set has changed, but not by much to make a real difference. As for Murderous Ken, I've never heard of him, and nor have I heard of him in any continuity, but what I think you're talking about is Brainwashed Ken. Where in the Street Fighter II: Animated Movie M. Bison brainwashes Ken with his Psycho Power turning Ken into a killing machine. The super combo moves I understand with each of them having a Hadouken, Shoryuken, and Hurricane Kick (English translation, since I can't remember the proper name of hand, and I know I couldn't remember to spell it for beans.). Each of them have a little difference with them, but some of the things I seen for move sets didn't quite work out for me. To me they still have things that are to similar, and there is still some things that can still be done.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:09 pm
Anyone heard of the upcoming game Mass Effect?
I can't wait till it comes out, it seems like it will be gold.
I'm still looking for any details of it at all though.  

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

King Kento

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:04 pm
Daemon_King
King Kento

The Brazillian kid in yellow is named Sean, and the I have no idea what you mean by "some other girl they added later." All the characters that I know that trained under the Akatsuken, in America they stated their fighting style is Shotokan, is Ryu, Akuma, Dan, Ken, Sakura, and Sean (not including Evl Ryu and Shin Akuma). I know that some of the basic move set has changed, but not by much to make a real difference. As for Murderous Ken, I've never heard of him, and nor have I heard of him in any continuity, but what I think you're talking about is Brainwashed Ken. Where in the Street Fighter II: Animated Movie M. Bison brainwashes Ken with his Psycho Power turning Ken into a killing machine. The super combo moves I understand with each of them having a Hadouken, Shoryuken, and Hurricane Kick (English translation, since I can't remember the proper name of hand, and I know I couldn't remember to spell it for beans.). Each of them have a little difference with them, but some of the things I seen for move sets didn't quite work out for me. To me they still have things that are to similar, and there is still some things that can still be done.

It was some girl in a white gi, though she may have actually been a shotokan or judo character. Either way very similar sprite though.

As for move difference, to me and others whove played tournaments there is a difference between ken and ryu, which stood out the most in the SF 3 games. I say 'murderous' just like i say akatsuken. In japan its not 'evil' ryu, and that has to do with the background of akatsukin and what they were and werent taught by Genki (i think that was his name, cant remember). There is brainwashed ken, evil ken, and some others.

Also considering the similarity, given where the franchise started, I think theyve done an awesome job retconning it to where it is. Though the games are pretty poor.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:38 pm
King Kento
Daemon_King
King Kento

It was some girl in a white gi, though she may have actually been a shotokan or judo character. Either way very similar sprite though.

As for move difference, to me and others whove played tournaments there is a difference between ken and ryu, which stood out the most in the SF 3 games. I say 'murderous' just like i say akatsuken. In japan its not 'evil' ryu, and that has to do with the background of akatsukin and what they were and werent taught by Genki (i think that was his name, cant remember). There is brainwashed ken, evil ken, and some others.

Also considering the similarity, given where the franchise started, I think theyve done an awesome job retconning it to where it is. Though the games are pretty poor.

Well, I never played Street Fighter III, but I've heard about it and looked into a bit. I know who you're referring to know, and I don't remember her name, but she doesn't use the same martial art Ryu and Ken uses, it's something else, and I can't remember what it is. She was intend to be Ryu's little sis, but that was scrapped. I know the 'Evil' Ryu isn't what his actually name is, but come on in Japan it's so long to remember. The name of Ryu and Ken's master is Gouken, that much I remember, who is also the older brother of Akuma. I liked how the games evolved, and how they redid all the stories to tie them into together, and along with seperation of characters. Besides that, I think the games rock.  

Daemon_King

King Kento

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:48 am
Daemon_King
King Kento
Daemon_King
King Kento

Well, I never played Street Fighter III, but I've heard about it and looked into a bit. I know who you're referring to know, and I don't remember her name, but she doesn't use the same martial art Ryu and Ken uses, it's something else, and I can't remember what it is. She was intend to be Ryu's little sis, but that was scrapped. I know the 'Evil' Ryu isn't what his actually name is, but come on in Japan it's so long to remember. The name of Ryu and Ken's master is Gouken, that much I remember, who is also the older brother of Akuma. I liked how the games evolved, and how they redid all the stories to tie them into together, and along with seperation of characters. Besides that, I think the games rock.

Well then thats why you dont feel the ken ryu difference. Play any of the SF 3's and its a bit more pronounced than the difference in alpha. Yes Gouken, and Akuma's name was Gouki, but i dotn remember their master's name. As for the games, i think theyre pretty substandard compared to other fighting games made at the same time. Adding to this is that capcom made Capcom v SNK for the dreamcast, and it ran beautifully and was just an awesome game, yet they dont use that engine for any of the SF games. It makes no sense whatsoever, hell even the Marvel v Capcom engine was better than the SF engine. the franchise is great, but the games suffer megaman syndrome.  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:06 pm
King Kento
Daemon_King
King Kento
Daemon_King
King Kento

Well then thats why you dont feel the ken ryu difference. Play any of the SF 3's and its a bit more pronounced than the difference in alpha. Yes Gouken, and Akuma's name was Gouki, but i dotn remember their master's name. As for the games, i think theyre pretty substandard compared to other fighting games made at the same time. Adding to this is that capcom made Capcom v SNK for the dreamcast, and it ran beautifully and was just an awesome game, yet they dont use that engine for any of the SF games. It makes no sense whatsoever, hell even the Marvel v Capcom engine was better than the SF engine. the franchise is great, but the games suffer megaman syndrome.

Well, that's how the majority of the fans like it, no change in the SF games really. They're afraid if they change it too much the SF games will 'lose something it had' even if it gains something else. That's why Street Fighter EX didn't do so hot I heard. The company that made the game went 3D, and SF EX wasn't made by Capcom so that may have had something to do with it too.  

Daemon_King

King Kento

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:22 am
Daemon_King
King Kento

Well, that's how the majority of the fans like it, no change in the SF games really. They're afraid if they change it too much the SF games will 'lose something it had' even if it gains something else. That's why Street Fighter EX didn't do so hot I heard. The company that made the game went 3D, and SF EX wasn't made by Capcom so that may have had something to do with it too.

In the example i used however, they wouldnt lose anything, as its an already tested, and used engine made by Capcom, for Capcom. Im not too concerned with fans that will ignore bad game design because of a label. I love the franchise but capcom makes some very bad business decisions. Terms like "Megaman Syndrome" and the loss of Studio Clover are very good examples of that in additon to Capcom v SNK that Ive used already.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:42 pm
King Kento
Daemon_King
King Kento

In the example i used however, they wouldnt lose anything, as its an already tested, and used engine made by Capcom, for Capcom. Im not too concerned with fans that will ignore bad game design because of a label. I love the franchise but capcom makes some very bad business decisions. Terms like "Megaman Syndrome" and the loss of Studio Clover are very good examples of that in additon to Capcom v SNK that Ive used already.

Well, it depends on if they have to make that step inorder to sell a game. If going with the same style is going to work anymore, I'm sure they'll make changes to continue to sell their games, and if need be get out of that "Megaman Syndrome."  

Daemon_King

King Kento

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:10 am
Daemon_King
King Kento
Daemon_King
King Kento

Well, it depends on if they have to make that step inorder to sell a game. If going with the same style is going to work anymore, I'm sure they'll make changes to continue to sell their games, and if need be get out of that "Megaman Syndrome."

Well as im someone who would like to work on a game once or twice in my lifetime, id like to think Capcom would do whats good for the franchise and make an awesome game to revitalise its fanbase rather than just doing what they have to get another one on the shelves and sold. Theres getting by, and then theres kicking some a**.

Its my dream to some day (though extremely unlikely) have the rights and make a Street Fighter 4. Oh the fun Id have.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:58 pm
King Kento
Daemon_King
King Kento
Daemon_King
King Kento

Well as im someone who would like to work on a game once or twice in my lifetime, id like to think Capcom would do whats good for the franchise and make an awesome game to revitalise its fanbase rather than just doing what they have to get another one on the shelves and sold. Theres getting by, and then theres kicking some a**.

Its my dream to some day (though extremely unlikely) have the rights and make a Street Fighter 4. Oh the fun Id have.

I heard something about a new Street Fighter game coming out in '08. Many fans believe that it will be a Street Fighter 4......Well, that kinda shoots down your dream, sorry. Anyway, I'd like to take part in a Street Fighter game as well, or at least make a Street Fighter comic (I kinda want to be a comic Illustrator/writer as a future career). I already have some new characters thought up, and a story as well.  

Daemon_King

King Kento

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:29 am
Daemon_King

I heard something about a new Street Fighter game coming out in '08. Many fans believe that it will be a Street Fighter 4......Well, that kinda shoots down your dream, sorry. Anyway, I'd like to take part in a Street Fighter game as well, or at least make a Street Fighter comic (I kinda want to be a comic Illustrator/writer as a future career). I already have some new characters thought up, and a story as well.

Any sites relating to that rumor?

Maybe it will maybe it wont, if the rumor is true, the game may still suck, so then my dream would just change to SF 5.

I intend to make comics for a living, but to me SF is only at its best when playable, and theres already been at least one comic of it. Id like to do a story set a bit more in the future. Get some of the originals showing some new costumes, some signs of aging, or at least there individual stories having soem effect on them outside of an occasional costume change. Id go into more detail but it be one hell of a rant.

I had even drawn up sketches of characters like Sagat, Bison, Ryu, Akuma and a few others.

General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games