Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:56 am
Lt. Brookman
stare Ignore my previous optimism about Border2, no matter how I many times I change the settings or whatnot, it still crashes and locks up the system, with a possible fix being along the lines of hardware renewal or a complete system reinstall. No thanks, the rest still works. I'm going to sit this one out until Gearbox releases a patch or when the next NVIDIA drivers are released.

At least I still have a working copy of Space Marine and other games like Company of Heroes, Half-Life 2 and the like? sweatdrop
I've got CoH reinstalled, isn't there a way to do Half-life 2 Co-op? I remember looking into a mod for that at some point.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:49 am
Lt. Brookman
stare Ignore my previous optimism about Border2,
I know this sounds crazy and I know I'm not an expert, plus I have the crippling disability of being a silly woman who doesn't know a thing, but how about this: You remove everything graphically related, right down to the system registers and reinstall it then?  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:57 am
DarkElf27
Lt. Brookman
stare Ignore my previous optimism about Border2, no matter how I many times I change the settings or whatnot, it still crashes and locks up the system, with a possible fix being along the lines of hardware renewal or a complete system reinstall. No thanks, the rest still works. I'm going to sit this one out until Gearbox releases a patch or when the next NVIDIA drivers are released.

At least I still have a working copy of Space Marine and other games like Company of Heroes, Half-Life 2 and the like? sweatdrop
I've got CoH reinstalled, isn't there a way to do Half-life 2 Co-op? I remember looking into a mod for that at some point.

I do know there are few good co-op games for HL and HL2,
but forgot their names. sweatdrop
I also have CoH, but I´m not really that good with RTS´s in multiplayer. gonk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:01 am
Vikki Keeler
Lt. Brookman
I know this sounds crazy and I know I'm not an expert, plus I have the crippling disability of being a silly woman who doesn't know a thing, but how about this: You remove everything graphically related, right down to the system registers and reinstall it then?
I'm not sure what happened, but I removed everything, tried to reinstall things, which it refused to do so, rebooted it again and an older, but more stable install was there.

Da fuq. crying  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:04 am
DarkElf27
Not sure about Half-Life 2, but Half-Life still has Svencoop going, haven't played it in years but it is still around in some capacity. Failing that, there's always Left 4 Dead and its sequel. Dibs on Zoey and Ellis. ninja

Asmondai
I do know there are few good co-op games for HL and HL2, but forgot their names. sweatdrop
Well chin up, neither am I, never could get into the rat race of Starcraft and the clickiness of it all, waaaaaay too busy and spastic for me. CoH is okay, having a bout against AI enemies with some buddies is still good fun, so long as you know what you are doing and don't put the AI on super-hard right from the start..  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:10 am
Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27
Not sure about Half-Life 2, but Half-Life still has Svencoop going, haven't played it in years but it is still around in some capacity. Failing that, there's always Left 4 Dead and its sequel. Dibs on Zoey and Ellis. ninja

Asmondai
I do know there are few good co-op games for HL and HL2, but forgot their names. sweatdrop
Well chin up, neither am I, never could get into the rat race of Starcraft and the clickiness of it all, waaaaaay too busy and spastic for me. CoH is okay, having a bout against AI enemies with some buddies is still good fun, so long as you know what you are doing and don't put the AI on super-hard right from the start..
Yeah, I like playing RTSs at a nice slow pace, not "who can rush your HQ in 3 minutes" like Starcraft. stressed  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:11 am
DarkElf27
Lt. Brookman
Yeah, I like playing RTSs at a nice slow pace, not "who can rush your HQ in 3 minutes" like Starcraft. stressed

I like slower-paced too,
I just can´t wrap my brain around doing things so darn fast
just to take down your oppoment, specially since I´m not that good of a player. sweatdrop
I did play CoH with friends once, it was an alright experience, even thou I didn´t
do much but build forces and helped them out when needed. xP
Hmmm... maybe I should install that one....
I liked SC and SC2 on singleplayer,
multi I wouldn´t even dream of touching. D:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:26 pm
Lt. Brookman
Vikki Keeler
Lt. Brookman
I'm not sure what happened, but I removed everything, tried to reinstall things, which it refused to do so, rebooted it again and an older, but more stable install was there.

Da fuq. crying
So, did it work? emotion_awesome  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:33 pm
On the bright side, now that I'm in the eastern hemisphere, the server issues with playing Mac in CoH have gone away. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:48 am
Vikki Keeler
Lt. Brookman
Vikki Keeler
Lt. Brookman

Da fuq. crying
It did. crying

I think.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:19 am
Lt. Brookman
Vikki Keeler
Lt. Brookman
Vikki Keeler
Lt. Brookman

Da fuq. crying
It did. crying

I think.
Seemed like it was working on my end. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:18 am
DarkElf27
Lt. Brookman
Vikki Keeler
Lt. Brookman
Vikki Keeler
Lt. Brookman

Da fuq. crying
It did. crying

I think.
Whos awesome? I'M AWESOME! BUY TORGUE! scream  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:04 am
Vikki Keeler
DarkElf27
Lt. Brookman
Vikki Keeler
Lt. Brookman

Da fuq. crying
It did. crying

I think.

Yay! 4laugh
Torgue goes BOOOM! whee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:49 am
Vikki Keeler
DarkElf27
Lt. Brookman
Vikki Keeler
Lt. Brookman

Da fuq. crying
It did. crying

I think.
Did you give my brother that suggestion? If so, you're awesome!

And Torgue has no indoor voice. AT ALL!  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:28 am
Lt. Brookman
And Torgue has no indoor voice. AT ALL!
"THE TORGUE SHAREHOLDERS WIRED MY VOICEBOX WITHA DIGITAL CENSOR SO I CAN'T SAY STUFF LIKE SH*T, C*CK, OR P*SSY F*CKIN' D*CKBALLS! THATS HALF MY F*CKIN' VOCABULARY, IT'S GODDAMN BULLSH*T!"  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games