Welcome to Gaia! ::

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Back to Guilds

Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
----~The Asian Pride Bar~---- (Come Chat with us!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 ... 1903 1904 1905 1906 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thank you again Jarvin, for changing the poll!
  Jarvin = Anima2nboy = Animaznboy (boohoo, he got hacked.)
View Results

Raisus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:38 pm
The police say it was just an overdose. Purely an accident, but you know, there's a million different stories. confused  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:00 pm
domokun I think the underpants gnomes got to him a bit too soon. sweatdrop  

[pain]TING

Raisus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:12 pm
[pain]TING
domokun I think the underpants gnomes got to him a bit too soon. sweatdrop

Umm.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:12 pm
at school,literally everyone was talking about it! first thing i hear when i walk into first period is ''OMG Keith Ledger is died!!''  

RAWRpham

Raisus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:14 pm
I only just heard about it when I was driving home from school this afternoon.

Actually, it was from the mall. I went shopping. whee heart
I got new Chucks. I love them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:20 pm
krissy+shoes=happiness  

RAWRpham

Rebirth Project

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:46 am
My school is just filled with a bunch of lifeless nerds. Especially freshmans and sophomores, 7/8 of them are like not even 5 feet and they look like 10. Is that the new generation of students? confused Compared to grade 9 to 11, there's a really evident difference. We even look older than our age.

Now, I feel like having a discussion about kids nowadays. Didn't you guys notice there are rarely children playing outside on winter? No snowball fights, no "I'm the king of this ridge of snow", no snow angels, no snowmans in front of houses. That sort of worries me since it feels like the place is dead. I remember I would spend hours outside to play in the snow and have fun pushing my brother in ridge of snow so he would get stuck in it. Then, I would come back home to drink a hot chocolate. Children, stop playing games and go outside. mad  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:31 am
Yea, kids sure are changing nowadays (though I really shouldn't be talking).

It doesn't snow over here so I don't really know what that feels like. But I think little kids are able to access certain more mature things nowadays with like the internet and whatnot and it takes away from them being a kid. I mean, I saw a bunch of maybe 7-8 year olds at a bus stop a while ago swearing like mad and talking about sex like they really knew what it was. Stuff like that really pisses me off. And them video games. I love em to death, but they really don't do much for you at the end of the day. Its like you sit in your room with a copy of your favorite video game and you play for weeks on end and at the end of those weeks, you look back and its like "What the hell have I actually accomplished?"

Also, it's like Conor Oberst from Bright Eyes said once at a show: "There's a lot of advances etc. with modern living. I think a lot of things like technology just isolates people and makes it so you don't have to actually comminucate. Its nice that a bunch of people can be out here, see each other, face to face and its not like ******** Friendster or something..." (this was before the whole mypsace craze) Kids have sex with their PS10's and their X-Box 450's too much. xD I BLAME YOU TECHNOLOGY! (But we still love you)

[pain]TING

Pandaccino

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:01 pm
Hello everyone! If you are in need of a waitress, I will gladly contribute!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:35 pm
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

I wish I could be love,
Then I could be
All over the world.

Seriously, first topic of the day when I got back from school, "OH MY GOSH! Heath LEDGER IS DEAD!" I'm like, 'who?'
I don't really pay too much attention to actors, unless they're commedians.
I heard it was overdose on sleeping pills too... At Marykate Olson's house?

Childhood is getting shorter nowadays. Society is on a constant revolution. A lot of the common stuff we know will be changing, and we'll need to adopt to it. Ex: If Abraham Lincoln took an I.Q. test of today, he'd be considered retarded.
So it doesn't matter if kids aren't outside playing in the snow or not. Scientists of today or tomorow will make technology that will create a way that we won't have to go outside anymore, we can just stay indoors. In the future, everything will become automated.

To sum it all up: We're all gonna die.
I'll remember to love,
You taught me how.

User Image

Animaznboy

hyper_azn_girl
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:26 pm
well, there's no snow where i live, so i don't get to do any of the snowangels and snowball fights

but another factor is that kids these days have much more homework. My mom would tell me about how she would play tag at night on her street with a bunch of her neighbors. But then she told me it was because she didn't have any homework

another thing is that parents think its too dangerous outside. I know my mom doesn't let me outside or walk around the block, and she watches me when i go to the mailbox xP.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:52 pm
Animaznboy
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

I wish I could be love,
Then I could be
All over the world.

Seriously, first topic of the day when I got back from school, "OH MY GOSH! Heath LEDGER IS DEAD!" I'm like, 'who?'
I don't really pay too much attention to actors, unless they're commedians.
I heard it was overdose on sleeping pills too... At Marykate Olson's house?

Childhood is getting shorter nowadays. Society is on a constant revolution. A lot of the common stuff we know will be changing, and we'll need to adopt to it. Ex: If Abraham Lincoln took an I.Q. test of today, he'd be considered retarded.
So it doesn't matter if kids aren't outside playing in the snow or not. Scientists of today or tomorow will make technology that will create a way that we won't have to go outside anymore, we can just stay indoors. In the future, everything will become automated.

To sum it all up: We're all gonna die.
I'll remember to love,
You taught me how.

User Image
Thank you for that ray of hope. stare Just when I thought we might make it....  

[pain]TING

Animaznboy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:58 pm

I wish I could be love,
Then I could be
All over the world.

Gaining knowledge at an exponential rate. 3nodding

NO PROBLEM BERSERKER!
It's my duty to bring you down. Then tell you all the nice things about life, so that I feel I have saved a life, even though I was the cause of its downfall in the first place whee
I'll remember to love,
You taught me how.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:55 am
hyper_azn_girl
well, there's no snow where i live, so i don't get to do any of the snowangels and snowball fights

but another factor is that kids these days have much more homework. My mom would tell me about how she would play tag at night on her street with a bunch of her neighbors. But then she told me it was because she didn't have any homework

another thing is that parents think its too dangerous outside. I know my mom doesn't let me outside or walk around the block, and she watches me when i go to the mailbox xP.

I abosolutely agree with you. My childhood was mostly consisted of playing outside. I did have homework, but it was only short studies. Homework was rare. School is a place to enrich our knowledge. Period. The End. Shotgun. Nothing else. But don't come and leech our life as if school was more important.

My friend once told me this. "All you need in life is four walls and a roof. One wall being your family, one being friends, another being your children and the last one is your lover. All that is covered by your roof, God. Everything else as in problems, conflicts, sickness, guys/girls, etc. is considered carpets. You walk on them, you can kick them, drop food/drink on it, anything. You're independant of them."

So moral of the story, they are things that you don't ABSOLUTELY need in life. They may be a priority at times, but they are only filling the wholes that the main priorities have left.

Now back with parents not letting their children outside. I don't like overprotective parents. They are life leechers. Yes, there are dangerous and tragic things outside, I do understand that, but it is part of life. "You have to experience it in way to know the real meaning of learning. You can't learn life through books. They are only interpretations.", like I would always say. So, the job of parents is to guide their children to the right path.  

Rebirth Project

Animaznboy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:59 am

I wish I could be love,
Then I could be
All over the world.

lol What's with all the huge posts?

Bao, that's true. Except for the fact if you don't go to school, and get good grades, you'll usually end up not being surrounded by four walls and a roof. Unless you're horribly rich.
I'll remember to love,
You taught me how.

User Image

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 ... 1903 1904 1905 1906 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games