Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

Big Boss OBrien

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:07 am
XD Poor Shino.

Where are the mods? o_o In the Not-So-Bright Right Now of the 2..2nd? Millenium, there are only n00bs. gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:20 pm
Now that I've purchased the large rulebook with my friend, I insist anyone serious about warhammer that doesn't have a copy go out and buy one. Now.

Just...awesome. 3nodding  

Big Boss OBrien

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:18 am
Big Boss OBrien
Now that I've purchased the large rulebook with my friend, I insist anyone serious about warhammer that doesn't have a copy go out and buy one. Now.

Just...awesome. 3nodding
Took you long enough you dolt.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:52 pm
Lt. Brookman
Big Boss OBrien

Just...awesome. 3nodding
Took you long enough you dolt.

Well at least I got one.  

Big Boss OBrien

Dark-oneechan

Gracious Grabber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:25 pm
Big Boss OBrien
XD Poor Shino.

Where are the mods? o_o In the Not-So-Bright Right Now of the 2..2nd? Millenium, there are only n00bs. gonk

And some of us nubs. *wink*  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:37 pm
Wow, I finally managed to find the time to long on to Gaia.......How far in the Stone Age am I now?  

Daemon_King

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:25 pm
I just had a nutty thought. What would happen if you took Akuma from Capcom's Street Fighter and had him take on a mass of Space Marines, Orkz, Tyranids, or Chaos Marines?  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:08 am
The Marines would fight like the Spartan chick from DOA 4.
The Tyranid would probably just hit the slash button repeatedly.
The Orks would go down in droves, but still be able to stand back up.

That is, if they don't simply shoot him first.  

Father Joe

King Kento

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:45 am
Akuma would win. Simple as that. Screen goes black, random kanji appears and ta da.  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:14 pm
Father Joe
The Marines would fight like the Spartan chick from DOA 4.
The Tyranid would probably just hit the slash button repeatedly.
The Orks would go down in droves, but still be able to stand back up.

That is, if they don't simply shoot him first.

Truth be told, I thought something funny would happen. Something like Space Marines charge, yelling out, the normal crap, and Akuma would unleash his power. The Space Marines would be like "runaway, run the *$%#@ away." Chaos Marines similar reaction if they don't end up worshipping Akuma first. Tyranids I can't remember, but I'm sure the Orks would be real happy with the arrival of Akuma.

King Kento
Akuma would win. Simple as that. Screen goes black, random kanji appears and ta da.

Shun Goku Satsu is what you're referring to. If you ever play Shin Akuma in Capcom vs SNK 2 EO, that move does a 33 combo instead of 15. Shin Akuma would just be overkill for anything 40k, I'm sorry but it is the truth.  

Daemon_King

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:28 pm
Somehow I just don't see that many people surviving what are essentially 40mm HEAT* rounds. The Bolter rifle is actually an incredibly devastating weapon, and not really given full justice in the game or even the fluff. A single Space Marine with just a Bolter should be able to disable and even destroy tanks, not to mention his combat against infantry.

And besides, Ken > Akuma.

*(High Explosive Anti-Tank (armour piercing shaped charages))  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:23 pm
Xenos Mortium
Somehow I just don't see that many people surviving what are essentially 40mm HEAT* rounds. The Bolter rifle is actually an incredibly devastating weapon, and not really given full justice in the game or even the fluff. A single Space Marine with just a Bolter should be able to disable and even destroy tanks, not to mention his combat against infantry.

And besides, Ken > Akuma.

*(High Explosive Anti-Tank (armour piercing shaped charages))

I don't know, the fluff makes Spaces Marines the ideal super soldier, and sure the bolter is a devisating weapon, but still if you see any fluff of Akuma, able to withstand water pressure on the bottom of a body of water for a few hours along with having one devisating punch, then you see Akuma can take on a Space Marines.

Besides that, Ryu > Ken.  

Daemon_King

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:08 pm
If only I could find that cat doing the shiryuken, then you'd see, then you'd see!  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:07 pm
Xenos Mortium
If only I could find that cat doing the shiryuken, then you'd see, then you'd see!

What?  

Daemon_King

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:31 pm
Daemon_King
Xenos Mortium

What?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. (sorry, misspelled it)  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games