Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
Hurdur, its a chat thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:35 am
omg the local michael's is hiring a floral designer. emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira

My friend Shannon LITERALLY JUST quit that a few days ago after working for like, 4-5 years. Hopefully I can score this since she can give me a good recommendation to her old boss. It's for 40 hour weeks and pays based on experience.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 am
Prince Ichi
omg the local michael's is hiring a floral designer. emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira

My friend Shannon LITERALLY JUST quit that a few days ago after working for like, 4-5 years. Hopefully I can score this since she can give me a good recommendation to her old boss. It's for 40 hour weeks and pays based on experience.
Good luck!

I almost got a job at Michael's. I had a friend there and all putting in a good word. The manager said he'd call.

Came back in like a week later, and he had hired some other girl. I was like fffffff.  

dakki-dono

Omnipresent Loiterer

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:50 am
dakki-dono
Prince Ichi

Good luck!

I almost got a job at Michael's. I had a friend there and all putting in a good word. The manager said he'd call.

Came back in like a week later, and he had hired some other girl. I was like fffffff.

omg that same thing happened to me with CVS

friend put in the good word, then they transferred some girl in. ;.;  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:54 am
Meromictic
dakki-dono
Prince Ichi

Good luck!

Those whoretree lickers.

I'm still thinking of trying for the Micheal's here in CA, though. I like Best Buy (and the discount I get there) but ******** I hate being a salesperson. No commission...the only incentive to do better is "so you keep your job".  

dakki-dono

Omnipresent Loiterer

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:03 am
lol jesus.

I had that experience once, I applied to Wawa, called the manager for a follow-up, had an interview, was asked to come back, and then they hired someone else who they didn't have to train VERY LAST SECOND.

I was so ******** pissed.

Hopefully I have a shot at this job because I have credits towards design for my BA degree in a major art uni (lol which means nothing). And can make something on the spot if they ask. (my granny does silk floral design as a hobby and taught me how to do it when I was super little)  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:03 am
dakki-dono
Meromictic
dakki-dono
Prince Ichi

Good luck!

Those whoretree lickers.

I'm still thinking of trying for the Micheal's here in CA, though. I like Best Buy (and the discount I get there) but ******** I hate being a salesperson. No commission...the only incentive to do better is "so you keep your job".

Yeah. It sucks that it doesn't matter if you do better than others in sales. u.u The store I work at now doesn't do commission either. Actually, I believe a lot of the major retailers have stopped doing that. :<

I love interacting with people though. XD I dunno why. Often times I get people telling me about their bad days or w/e. One woman just went on and on about why she divorced her husband. o.o He was a real jerk.

One of the biggest problems I had at toys r us is that even if you did suck, they didn't fire you. :/ It was so frustrating. The worst part is that they would ******** around until the store closed and then would slowly put the store back together. I was always like "WTF? WHY?" because I wanted to leave. They wanted to bum around more to add to their paycheck. XP Such shits.  

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

dakki-dono

Omnipresent Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:14 am
Meromictic
dakki-dono
Meromictic
dakki-dono
Prince Ichi

Good luck!

Those whoretree lickers.

Yeah. It sucks that it doesn't matter if you do better than others in sales. u.u The store I work at now doesn't do commission either. Actually, I believe a lot of the major retailers have stopped doing that. :<

I love interacting with people though. XD I dunno why. Often times I get people telling me about their bad days or w/e. One woman just went on and on about why she divorced her husband. o.o He was a real jerk.

One of the biggest problems I had at toys r us is that even if you did suck, they didn't fire you. :/ It was so frustrating. The worst part is that they would ******** around until the store closed and then would slowly put the store back together. I was always like "WTF? WHY?" because I wanted to leave. They wanted to bum around more to add to their paycheck. XP Such shits.
They track our sales numbers in Best Buy, so it's constant breathing down your back, and we don't have labor hours so they get on your a** about closing quick.

Which is nice, but dang, 15 mins is like an extra ******** 2.14 dollars on my paycheck. CHILL THE s**t OUT.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:26 am
dakki-dono
They track our sales numbers in Best Buy, so it's constant breathing down your back, and we don't have labor hours so they get on your a** about closing quick.

Which is nice, but dang, 15 mins is like an extra ******** 2.14 dollars on my paycheck. CHILL THE s**t OUT.

Payless does the same thing. We have to convert so many people into a sale. XP

The store is so small that we don't worry about closing.

But toys r us? Damn. If I didn't need the job, I would have walked out a lot sooner. Instead, I worked my a** off, saved a bunch of money and then quit. I had basically the summer off and then was hired on at payless.

I'll probably stick with payless until I get my bachelor's degree. Then I'll start looking for something a little better. I would love to move back to Florida and do the manager internship at disney. But that's setting the bar rather high. xD  

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

hornworts

Rare

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:59 am
AliceLoathesWonderland
Sir Black Tea
did you know you can find out how much your dead body would be worth on a cadaver website?

it's pretty intense

Link me.
So totally link me.
That's right up my alley of uncomfortably morbid things.

http://www.cadaverforsale.com/  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:03 am
When finding work.... you will find people are dicks.  

Qyp

Manly Lunatic

hornworts

Rare

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:06 am
Michael's has the most bizarre selection

I go there for fabric paint to make Homestuck shirts

90% is glitter, metallic, or "3D pop up fabric paint"

And then they have the most basic of flat colors

I had to buy white and black, they didn't have gray even.

But seriously 3d fabric paint wtf  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:12 am
Sir Black Tea

I like going there simply for the charms that they sell, Safety pins, chains, and other small things of that nature- Also for masks. Because I love masks.
This reminds me. . I need to go there again to see if they sell spikes and/or studs. I want to add a little more to my jacket.  

I Sinistro I

Perfectionist

23,600 Points
  • Kuro Gang 250
  • Married 100
  • The Key to Victory 50

dakki-dono

Omnipresent Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:17 am
I go there to get the cheap-a** leather scraps. And talk about making things and then never make them.

I WILL ONE DAY.

I may go tomorrow and take a peek at airbrushing s**t.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:11 am
don8 red boots.

I'm looking for some red mid-calf ones that I can wear in a lolita ensemble irl.

Maybe I'll find some ai*tai*na maryjanes and just make my shoes full loli. xD

Genea

Crew

Sexy Glitch

Dickie Twinkles

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:41 am
Sir Black Tea

There used to be loads of market stalls here selling girls headbands with various names written on them in the stuff.
I bought some of the 3D stuff and used on the ancient 80s blaster I found cool  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 1196 1197 1198 1199 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games