Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
-insert name here-'s Place and Everywhere Else ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:49 pm
"No one?...Is that how the bad guys get off?" eek .... sweatdrop "I'm sorry, that came out before I had a chance to think about it," dame looks ashamed and bites her lip.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:53 pm
No one, meaning what we discuss isn't shared with the prosecutor, law enforcement, anyone. No, that's not how bad guys get off. He takes off his jacket, laying it across the back of his chair before going to get a cup of coffee. He returns with the cup, setting it on the desk before taking a seat in his chair. Bad guys get off when law enforcement hasn't done the job thoroughly, or disregarded standard procedure. He sighs, he'd gotten more than one bad guy off. Do you understand the charges against you?  

Harvest Moon Child

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:56 pm
dame stares at her hands in her lap, "Accessory to murder?" she sighs, "Yes..."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:01 pm
Do you understand the sentencing that could go with those charges? He looks over at her. I know the prosecutor. He's fairly new and looking to make a name for himself. We're going to have a job of it, and I'm going to need you to be completely honest with me. No surprises, Miss Charlie. Do you think you trust me enough to discuss your case with me?  

Harvest Moon Child

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:04 pm
"I...I don't know much past my own charge...I know nothing of the legalities of it, really..." she fiddles with her hem more. "I...I trust you well enough right now, sir..." she bites her lip.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:09 pm
It's just Harv, no sir necessary. Depending on how the prosecutor wants to present this, he could be trying to net you a 25 year sentence. He looks at her, hoping she understands the seriousness of the charge. My understanding from the information I received is that a man was killed during the commission of another crime. There's a standard sentencing range for the accessory charge, and due to the circumstances, the prosecutor could seek additional time for that.

I can't hope to represent you unless I know your side of the story. I see what the investigators have, but I need to hear how you came to be there.  

Harvest Moon Child

Harvest Moon Child

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:16 pm
He takes a drink of his coffee, waiting for her response. Something tells him she'll run like a jackrabbit and someone's going to lose a bond. Worse, the more she runs, the more charges she racks up.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:25 pm
"Tw...twenty-five years?" dame's shoulders sag and she wipes at her eye.

"How...how I came to be at the warehouse? On the 'night in question'?" she chuckles lightly, using air quotes.

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

Harvest Moon Child

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:29 pm
Yes, how you came to be in the warehouse. Where you were prior and what happened when you arrived. Those would be things I need to know. I know what is alleged to have happened.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:47 pm
Harv takes another drink from his coffee, his face serious as he studies her and waits to hear her story. He knows he's in for another long night, knows that it'll be one more day since he's talked to Lily. Knowing her, she's probably assigned some attitude he doesn't have and thinking he's a jerk. Or he hates her, or any of the million other things women think a man must be thinking that aren't remotely close to what is actually going on.

((Gonna have to go soon.))  

Harvest Moon Child

damecharlie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:54 pm
((After this post I'm calling a pause. I need to be putting myself to bed. sweatdrop ))

"When...when I was younger, I was very naive. Hell, I still am on some things, I know this. Like...thinking.." she pauses and shakes her head, "No matter. When I was even more naive than now, a friend asked me for help. They needed to move some things from their warehouse to another storage place. Me, being the idiot I was, thought nothing of it and was glad to help. My friend couldn't be there but they sent some of their boys to help. We met at night because I was told that was when they were all off and could meet. We got there and most of us were left in the car while one guy went inside, I assumed to check-in with the people in charge and come back with the key or whatever. stare I later learned that was probably when the dude was breaking in," dame huffs and looks off to the side. stare

"Anyway, we all go inside, its dimly lit, like warehouses you see on TV. The boys are all going around sneaking and s**t. I think they are just trying to get a rise out of me and trying to scare me. Well..." dame's eyes go sad and she pauses a moment. "...well, all of the sudden when we turn a corner a guard comes out of no where with his gun drawed, telling us all to freeze. I immediately freeze, waiting for the guy up front to let him know what's going on...well, instead of pulling out papers to show him, he pulled out a gun. There was a small gun fire, I ducked for cover, curling into a ball and shivering, just trying not to freak out. Well.." sad

"The guard wasn't so lucky..." dame stops again. Sadness overriding her features.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:05 pm
He sighs. Wrong place, wrong time. You're not an accomplice before or during the crime. Unfortunately, if you didn't make a report, the charge becomes Aiding and Abetting. Did these men threaten you? He supposes they did and that should reduce the charges if she feared for her life. But he knows the prosecutor. He'll want to bargain, her testimony in exchange for her freedom. Not knowing who "these guys" are, but knowing who Lily's been involved with, her freedom could very well cost her her life. He looks at his client. She has no way of knowing what Lily's told him, also Attorney-Client Privileged. Mobsters. There's always witness protection... yeah right.

((Pause in time *stops the clock* and we'll pick up in retropost later.))  

Harvest Moon Child

Ryzan Vixtul

Intellectual Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:33 am
*when he arrives at dame's apartment, he sees a piece of paper tacked to the door with "NOTICE" written in large red letters on the top of it. Frowning, he skims over it a bit, not sure if it was simply meant for the occupants or if it was also something for visitors. Seeing that it mentions last month's rent being overdue, he knows it was meant for dame and his frown deepens*
Naqualla'in. This is certainly not the type of news she needs to be seeing right now.

*takes the paper down and knocks on the door, waiting for Draa to answer. After a few minutes with no response, he knocks again, only a little louder. Shortly after, he hears a sound on the otherside of the door which he comes to recognize as scratching. He sighs and checks the door, only to find it's locked*
Gi ussta~ I would assume that is you, Draa... unless iggies has her "critters", as she calls them, staying with her again. I am afraid it would be a bit difficult to change you back through the door...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:50 am
Xsa stressed Well, what do you expect me to do? scream I can't exactly reach the doorknob from here. stare Can't you just get Tes to pick the lock or something?  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Ryzan Vixtul

Intellectual Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:01 am
Gi ussta... it seems there are some things I need to discuss with you. Some things have happened since we last spoke. I had assumed you would have found out about them, rilu'oh perhaps that was too mzilt of an assumption.

Are there by chance any open windows? Or perhaps just a window you can get to? It would make it a bit easier if I could at least see you before I tried to cast.

Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 592 593 594 595 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games