Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
___ ways to annoy your band director Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Philene

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:14 pm
Tell them, "I have some good news. I just saved a bunch of money on car insurance by switching to Geico."  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:35 pm
__penguin__
When you get tested in front of everyone to play the march... instead start playing a football song like louie louie blaugh

omg lmao! the band 10 commandments.

thou shalt never play louie louie more than 2 verses.  

Pavlovs_Dog

4,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200

Caitlyn Marie

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:41 pm
In our band all we have to do is say "We've got cookies!" in a mock three year old's voice and that tends to get the whole class laughing and annoying our band director...  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:36 am
On his/her birthday,(over) decrate the band room with streamers, and should you run out countion tape, get baby pic. of him/her(if they show his/her bare but, even beter) and hang them thruogh out the band room and the band hall. then make a HUDGE banner saying HAPPY (there age) BIRTHDAY (directors name). mrgreen heheh it was great we did it this year. to ours.  

Account Manager Sally

Jive Master Desi

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:50 pm
Number_09
~ Count rests loudly.

We actually do that! But its not to annoy him, he just says "do whatever it is you gotta do to make it right" so even though we don't have to count we do it only because we can razz  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:01 pm
well...i made the same list when i was in eight grade. it was all stupid stuff like pee in a tuba. a good thing that we've actually done is put our instruments up with his baton like were supposed to and then none of us play on the downbeat. we dont normally do mean things cause our director is really cool.  

reignofhavok

Awlyn

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:58 pm
Number_09
The Mellophonist
well...what we have done...

~We've played the wrong song on purpose to make him mad...
~Said our counts in Spanish
~Start dancing while at attention
~At the end of a song, hang over and play your own beautiful solo.
~Be super late, and say, "Hey! I showed up!"
~Valve oil fights near the pit equipment

there are so many more...

Valve oil fights are gross. >__>
I once had to separate these two really annoying trumpetters at sectionals because they were fighting and getting it all over my sandwich. (Lunch-hour sectionals suck!)

Hey value oil fights are fun until you someone pulls out the slide grease and i am talking about the one that comes in the same type of bottle value oil does. Now thats bad!!!  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:21 pm
My freshman year my second chair and I started the infamous C# method (All you saxophones, this is the OPEN C# method twisted )
See, our BD told the saxophones that we were WAY off tune and our rythms were sucking moose-cakes (Its a joke with the BD and Sax section). I told my second chair to play C# for all the song...only C#...and to play it just randomly. Eventually, the whole section caught on. He then told us it was the best we have ever played... He was serious. He didn't even notice. We have done this for 3 years and he STILL doesn't know. GOD I love our BD.

Also, The sax line was doing a FRIEKIN 4 to 5 step! Horizontal slide! BEHIND THE BACK HASH! Playing a LOW B C and D. (The person who writes a drill is an idiot when it comes to helping sections out at solo parts.) We are the only ones playing to open up our last song. Our BD chews us out for being WAY to soft. So the next time we played it really blasting and nasty. He yells that we're too loud. Our section leader tells us not to play at all, so we do. "THAT'S PERFECT SAXOPHONES! JUST LIKE THAT!" I was so lost and confused, lol  

Shinigami_1890

Angel_of_Music1331

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:00 pm
today in band we were watching a movie and our BD was in his office, these two kids got up and started playing tag. He looked ready to kill someone when he came back  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:22 pm
Throw the BD's baton onto the ceiling and make sure it get's stuck there.. *cough* my boyfriend did that and my BD blew up. Oh wells the band room was old and falling apart anyways.

When ever someone gets called out of class from Band, my BD would get pissed off. He actually ripped the speaker box off the walls and now there's a gaping hole where the speaker use to be. The new freshmen are wondering what the hole is for... xd  

SusamiMasaki

LegolasGreenleaf

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:32 am
on april fool's day we kept asking my algebra 2 teacher "what's the answer to #8?" maybe try to do something like that. like "what's the note at measure 45"  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:09 pm
Quiz him on the fingerings of instruments that he's not an expert on (like mine's a brass player, so I always ask him oboe and basoon fingerings lol),

bring in your own scores, then ask him to conduct them, but keep telling him its wrong,

Hide his mouthpieces,

Sit cross legged, claiming all good players do it,

Create a castle out of the extra stands and tell him your section is on hostile relations with another,

Dance during long measure rests,

bring in your own metronome and use it at completly wrong tempos,

bring in toy instruments (I.E, the kazoo, whistles, toy tambourines)
and say you want to master ALL instruments.

Mine BD always breaks or loses his batons in fits of anger, or frustration, and always keeos like 3 spares, one day we replaced them all with chopsticks, he was mad,

And my favorite

My band teacher makes do reports if we miss a concert, so when my friend was sick for it, We helped her do a 22pg. report, then turned it in in german, it was great, he was so mad, he had to take it to the german teacher to get translated smile  

Wear Sunscreen

RPGfan2005

Gracious Businessman

6,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:16 pm
take away his baton! he he he that always cracked us up!  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:32 pm
1 'sneeze' right as he/she is -just- starting the song.

2 keep repeating number one

3 hide the music

4 hide his/her chair

5 yawn -really- bigly while they are lecturing

6 fall asleep (this really gets them)

7 play games with the people next to you

8 play twister with people using your music as the colours (ex, left foot on Greenbriar March)  

Sagewort

.martini.martini.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:09 pm
1) Whenever he leaves, start leading the band in "mary Had A Little Lamb"

2) For his birthday, fill up a card with all the Not-funny things he's said all year.

3) Watch "Drumline" with Nick Cannon on the band bus... (We didn't know he'd lip like that)  
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games