Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Conversion Corner (Big and Small) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Relkin9

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:30 pm
Usagi Ninja
Relkin9
Ophiuchus
Relkin9
Usagi Ninja
Out of Curiousity, has any body on here made the Emperor? In his golden (probably) Articifer armour?

Here, dunno. i have seen about 50 models of him though, and they are all rather stupid, if you must know. Most people cannot do him justice. He is just too damn cool for just anyone to model him. Even I am not worthy, and I am his greatest subject. mrgreen And most devout follower. mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen
someone I know is making one...

Other than me? Actually, there is A guy here making one as well. He is A Golden Daemon winner as well. I am going to see if I can get his help on the one I am going to do.

Any WIP pics of yours? I'd like to try it myself, and see what other people have done. 3nodding

Well, all I have are the parts needed. I will get to work on it soon. As it is, I do not think that I will be able to cast my own model of it. Which really, REALLY sucks.  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:52 am
Relkin9
Well, all I have are the parts needed. I will get to work on it soon. As it is, I do not think that I will be able to cast my own model of it. Which really, REALLY sucks.

Say, how do you go about casting them?  

Raw_fishFood

Reddemon

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 12:05 pm
I thought casting your own models was illegal? stare  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:05 pm
Reddemon

Nope, just recasting parts that are copyrighted. As it is, I can make as many models I want, as long as I made them first. And no one else copyrights them first.  

Relkin9

Cagalli Yura Attha

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:12 pm
Reddemon
fair use act. can use copyrighted material so long as you don't profit from it. So you can never SELL them. But you can cast them.  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:16 pm
Cagalli Yura Attha
Reddemon
fair use act. can use copyrighted material so long as you don't profit from it. So you can never SELL them. But you can cast them.

My bad. Anyway, as it is, you can make your own models, and you can sell the ones YOU came up with, as it is not illegal.  

Relkin9

Cagalli Yura Attha

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:19 pm
Relkin9
Cagalli Yura Attha
Reddemon

My bad. Anyway, as it is, you can make your own models, and you can sell the ones YOU came up with, as it is not illegal.
of course. and, if you edit a copyrighted object more than 60%, it's your property. Hence why no one sued each other with space marines looking a bit like storm troopers.  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:24 pm
Cagalli Yura Attha
Relkin9
Cagalli Yura Attha
Reddemon

of course. and, if you edit a copyrighted object more than 60%, it's your property. Hence why no one sued each other with space marines looking a bit like storm troopers.

Yup. That means that I can use that Jetbike model, and just give him A new bike, and then recast him altogether, and make as many as I want, correct? mrgreen twisted mrgreen  

Relkin9

Cagalli Yura Attha

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:31 pm
Relkin9
Cagalli Yura Attha
Relkin9
Cagalli Yura Attha
Reddemon

Yup. That means that I can use that Jetbike model, and just give him A new bike, and then recast him altogether, and make as many as I want, correct? mrgreen twisted mrgreen
the bike will be over 90% sculpted anyway, so the bike is easily gonna be mass produceable. The emperor... it depends how detailed.  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:12 pm
well u can use a bike. u just have to make sure it dosnt have bolters on it & such  

Reddemon

Raw_fishFood

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:49 pm
So, ummm... how does one go about casting their own models?  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:32 pm
Usagi Ninja

With ALOT of effort. First, you need to know which type of casting you want to do, or even if you want to cast it at all. Then one needs to actually make the model, and proceed to make A mold of it. Then you cast it again, so as to not have to constantly use the original, and proceed to make new models that way. Anyway, the way I do it, takes more time, and more money, but the model I use as A base will last MUCH longer than most other ways. Especially considering HOW I would cast it. mrgreen  

Relkin9

Raw_fishFood

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 9:20 am
Relkin9
Usagi Ninja

With ALOT of effort. First, you need to know which type of casting you want to do, or even if you want to cast it at all. Then one needs to actually make the model, and proceed to make A mold of it. Then you cast it again, so as to not have to constantly use the original, and proceed to make new models that way. Anyway, the way I do it, takes more time, and more money, but the model I use as A base will last MUCH longer than most other ways. Especially considering HOW I would cast it. mrgreen

Got any links to how it would be done?  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 9:51 am
Usagi Ninja
Relkin9
Usagi Ninja

Got any links to how it would be done?
here are a few... REMEMBER to not seperate any of the bits from the sprue when you do this and you can make whole sprues at a time...

mold makeing
http://www.hirstarts.com/moldmake/moldmaking.html

Casteing plastics
http://www.hirstarts.com/casting/plastic.html  

Lozt_1

Oryn

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:16 am
Speaking of casting, does anyone know how to cast your minis? And if there's clear resin or plastic easily available? I've had this image of some see-through Stealth Suits drifting through my mind for a while.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games