Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
THE HOT TOPIC! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:21 am
xCasaNovax
Rellik San
xCasaNovax
I love Hot Topic, yes it is fairly expensive but how is buying a shirt for $15 different from people buying severley ripped jeans for $50? I remember back in the day when i wore ripped jeans people at school would antagonize me for being poor and wearing jeans that were ripped...now its the new fashion...

I choose to buy my clothes from FYE and Hot Topic and WalMart, so why should you care? You dont see me complaining about how all preppy people buy clothes from AE or Aeropastle or Ambercrombi and Fitch or whatever. You say we look like clones cause we were black or something...ok whatever.

But when you see someone dressed all in black with tight jeans and painted nails and black hair most people say "emo" or when they see someone dressed in all black with a spiked collar and chains on their pants they say "goth". Hows it different from the way preps dress?

o.O Jon

My gripe with it involves it being a mainstream label, posing as an alt. store (its owned by the GAP), its over priced clothing and that none of the proceeds from their stores, actually benefit the bands they sell the merchandise for.

Not to sound rude at all but exactly how would you know this? O.o
o.O Jon
Look it up, compared prices and simple economics, bands only ever gain from merch sales at gigs and their online store, everything else is handled by the record company and solely for their benefit.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:59 am
I only buy things from Hot Topic that have been marked down significantly. And even then it's only like my Planet Terror shirt or the two posters that I bought for when I go to college to have something on the walls. And stuff.

Mostly I don't buy clothes. I wear the same s**t over and over again. But once I come into some money, I'm going out with my brother to put together a wardrobe for me. There will be thrift-store shopping! Woot!  

Submersion in Perversion

Nikki the Juggalette

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:12 pm
There's like no hottopic here..or anwhere to buy our cloths for me and my friends. we go to the nearest hot topic as like a hang out which is 45 min-ish away so yeah, I have tripps and shoe laces but I don't shop there much  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:55 pm
BAHHH!!
dramallama domokun dramallama domokun

iStephhh

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:10 pm
CrapOla11
BAHHH!!
the hell?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:31 pm
Soviet Mudkipz
CrapOla11
BAHHH!!
the hell?
you heard me.
domokun dramallama domokun dramallama  

iStephhh

Emo_Guy876

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:31 pm
well we dont have alot of alternative stores around me... so really its hot topic... or nothing =/  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:49 pm
Lately I only buy something from there if it particularly catches my eye, I don't care if it's not "alternative" or if everyone's wearing it or if it's expensive, if I want it, I have no problem buying it.

Though, I prefer to buy things from Sex Pot Revenge. Their clothes are similarly priced but much more worth it since most of the more expensive items are hand-made.

ffsghyanbh

LoVe BuGzZz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:34 pm
Well, I'm goin to admit.
Hell I like hot topic!
I don't mind shoppin there at all.
I like the shop a lot!
Ya gotta admit, they got 'some' pretty cool s**t there!
at least I think so!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:28 am
Heh Hot Topic down where I live is fun.
The people who work the counter give me major discounts.
I once fot a $70 boots for 20 that way.
Plus it allows me to get my music fix.  

Kevin Sohma

somexcallxmexmissxpanda

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:35 pm
Emo_Guy876
well we dont have alot of alternative stores around me... so really its hot topic... or nothing =/

Tis true in my area. I live in a small town in PA. And basically its Hot topic or Aeropostale.
Personally, I go to whatever store has the best prices. For band T shirts I go to Hot topic. Plus they have some cute things there when in the right season. I got my Halloween costume there. I got some nail polish there...hmmmm shoelaces are adorable from there. And their bags are amazing.
But let me say this to you:
I could care less what the label is. If it fits, is comfortable, cute, and afordable that suckers mine.
But I will also say this:
As I have got different friends over the years my wardrobe changes, this is very sad to me. I hate being the same person, and not an individual, so I try and shop EVERYWHERE now.

The only other semi-alternative place around me is Pac Sun
and everyone knows thats not to much alternative -_- sigh.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:25 pm
i've been to hot topic a cuple time for there tripp stuff but other than that i shop at small shops for my look  

GiGGles_blondii

Kevin Sohma

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:38 pm
I normally go to thrift stores. I once found tripp pants for 50 cents once.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:59 pm
i love hot topic idk what your all talking about, but i only get those really wierd expensive stuff that noone else can afford(my family is fairly rich)
but almost all my cloths i edit, like i sow stuff on, i paint them , draw on them
so my wordrobe is really original
normally i just buy stugg there so i can rip it up and do stuff with it  

lovely lady hollie

Gambino Statue

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:41 pm
I didn't think hot topic was expensive when I went there.
But the lady gave me a discount because I was an awesome foreigner and she was hot for me wink

All the stores we have here that sell similar stuff are at least double that in price. Because it's all shipped from America. And apparently ships are expensive to use.

The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games