Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
What do your parents think? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:56 am
NekoYasha09er
My mom was first "Why are you dressing like that?" at first since I was gradually growing into it but now she somewhat excepts it. Since she only deals with me on the weekends.

I don't even think my dad notices. Wait he does notice when we go shopping. "He just asks, why are you getting so much black and purple?"

Yeah don't be afraid to mix things up colour wise, red works too.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:25 pm
My dad got me into Siouxsie and the Banshees and Modern English, then mourned when I started wearing Mesh and Lace (lolpun) and makeup.

My mom's fine with it.

Sharing Heartbeats

Deleted Accnt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:59 pm
My mum's slowly coming to accept it. She likes some aspects of it, others not so much. She however draws the line at piercings so I need to wait til I'm 18 to get them.

My dad has never commented on it. I don't think he's the biggest fan of it but silently accepts it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:27 am
well i don't live with my parents anymore but my mother didn't have any problem with me been goth since she was goth herself when she was young, my father idn't like it at all and was just telling em everyday how horrible i looked like but i didn't really care ^^  

Raveney

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:06 pm
Rellik San
NekoYasha09er
My mom was first "Why are you dressing like that?" at first since I was gradually growing into it but now she somewhat excepts it. Since she only deals with me on the weekends.

I don't even think my dad notices. Wait he does notice when we go shopping. "He just asks, why are you getting so much black and purple?"

Yeah don't be afraid to mix things up colour wise, red works too.

You could also add some neon blue and green in there, or stripes...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:16 pm
well my dad hates it and has threatened to throw away everything thst he didn't like and my mom doesn't like it either. she just tries to get me to wear pink and yellow and baby blues. eek  

emo_hippie_chick

mechanical kitsy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:13 pm
my mom and grandma get me bright colored preppy-ish stuff. i've gone so far to say, you know, i will honestly never wear that. i said that to my grandma once, and it kinda hurt her feelings, although i did say it nicely. but it was like this blue baggy sweater with a v neck that was made to LOOK like it had a tee shirt under it, if you understand what that looks like. i did not like.

they dont like me wearing dark stuff. they say i need more colorful stuff.
and since they arent too involved in my life thats all they say.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:50 pm
My mom thinks I'm weird but loves me anyway. My dad doesn't really care. I could be worse things, after all.  

littlegirlrai

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:31 am
littlegirlrai
My mom thinks I'm weird but loves me anyway. My dad doesn't really care. I could be worse things, after all.
You could be a preganant 13 year old who already has 5 children to 17 different dads... like almost every girl where I live.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:39 am
They found out when they look at my sketch book.
oh boy oh boy did they get mad.

They took me to church and you can pretty much guess what happens next
twisted LOL
After a few weeks of fighting me they gave up.
And now there's a big cross on my door now I would take it of but if I do that might be a very bad idea.  

Lifesucks411

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:49 am
Lifesucks411

twisted LOL
And now there's a big cross on my door now I would take it of but if I do that might be a very bad idea.

Lol, I've never actually had any problem with churches, i get on well with priests and their congregation, because I respect their beliefs they respect mine. Although when I was younger, walking on consecrated ground, I did used to do the whole 'IT BURNS IT BURNS!' thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:00 pm
Rellik San
Lifesucks411

twisted LOL

Lol, I've never actually had any problem with churches, i get on well with priests and their congregation, because I respect their beliefs they respect mine. Although when I was younger, walking on consecrated ground, I did used to do the whole 'IT BURNS IT BURNS!' thing.
My non-goth friends tease me with that all the time. It's kinda funny. We'll walk by a church and they'll say "Hide behind me, I'll protect you! blaugh " Sometimes I do the "it burns!" thing for fun too. My little jokes...
----
I'd say that a parent's initial shock of discovering that you're goth is the hardest thing on both of you. For your parents being enraged/scared out of their minds and for you having to deal with their sh**. After that it's much easier because they already know so you don't have to hide it as much (if you do) and because they may grow to accept it.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Lifesucks411

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:03 am
XWraith_LordX
Rellik San
Lifesucks411

twisted LOL

My non-goth friends tease me with that all the time. It's kinda funny. We'll walk by a church and they'll say "Hide behind me, I'll protect you! blaugh " Sometimes I do the "it burns!" thing for fun too. My little jokes...
----
I'd say that a parent's initial shock of discovering that you're goth is the hardest thing on both of you. For your parents being enraged/scared out of their minds and for you having to deal with their sh**. After that it's much easier because they already know so you don't have to hide it as much (if you do) and because they may grow to accept it.

When they took me in the church I pretended that I was on fre it was SO FUNNY.
But in all reality my life is pretty dark and funny.
My parents also blame me for being this way cause of my friend. just because he drinks blood kicks puppy's and brings every one he hates down doesn't make him a good friend. But behind all that is a good friend he watch's out for me.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:57 pm
Lifesucks411

My parents also blame me for being this way cause of my friend. just because he drinks blood kicks puppy's and brings every one he hates down doesn't make him a good friend. But behind all that is a good friend he watch's out for me.
And you wonder why get get a bad rap... rolleyes  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Lifesucks411

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:35 am
XWraith_LordX
Lifesucks411

And you wonder why get get a bad rap... rolleyes
It least it was funny and that it was  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas