Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Doctor Who/Torchwood Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favourite Doctor?
  Patrick Troughton
  John Pertwee
  Tom Baker
  Peter Davidson
  Colin Baker
  Sylvester Mcoy
  Christopher Eccleston
  David Tennant
View Results

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:16 pm
ice_illusion
ficklefiend
MARCH 31st!!!

I'm going to be working! gonk gonk gonk

I've neatly managed to get off working.
Unfortuanatly it means my friend, who also likes Dr Who is working but I didn't realise it was on then when I said she could do the evening and I'd do day.

Hah. How underhand of you.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:20 am
Gah, curses! There had better be no ******** football on Saturday. I mean it. The TV in that bar is going on Doctor Who and the middle aged perverts will just have to lump it. stare  

ficklefiend
Crew

TheVampireQueen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:05 am
That sounds like a good idea to me. I'm watching it in the comfort of my own home on large screen and surround sound oh goddies!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:28 pm
I like Martha. A lot.
The episode wasn't fantasic but I'll let them off with the excuse it was an introduction.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:05 pm
It was missing something, but I can't quite place what.

The new girl seems terrific though. <3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:04 pm
I was quite impressed with how they managed to have so much happen within the first five to ten minutes of the show without it feeling rushed.  

Smigg-the-Miserable

[Finrod]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:07 pm
Far better than the first episode of the last series, for sure.
I like Martha. David Tennant once again shows that he "gets" the Doctor superbly - he is right up there with Tom Baker in my estimation.

The episode was very Doctor Who, and pretty strong. There were some jarring elements in it - the full one gee environment on the Moon (although simulating a sixth of a gee would probably be quite difficult, the twinkling stars from the balcony of the hospital on the Moon (requiring many miles of atmosphere), the dust clouds kicked up by the marching feet of the aliens outside the air-dome - but that is really nitpicking. And for someone who grew up with the shaky polystyrene sets and plastic monsters, I really can't quibble too much.

And, of course, what's the "Bad Wolf"-type theme this season? I vote Saxon on that.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:23 pm
[Finrod]
And for someone who grew up with the shaky polystyrene sets and plastic monsters, I really can't quibble too much.

And let's not forget those lovely cardboard jungles.  

Smigg-the-Miserable

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:15 pm
Pretty sure that's not how you do CPR.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:21 am
Foetus In Fetu
Pretty sure that's not how you do CPR.

Yeah, it was wrong! I noticed that. They changed it a little while back.. it's kinda crazy now, 30 pumps and 2 breaths, so you sorta pummel the person's chest. No little counting rhymes, just *BAMBAMBAM* "ARE YOU ALIVE YET?" *BAM*.

I also felt there was a little something missing, but I think I felt that at the beginning of the last series too but now David Tennant is so established as the Doctor and fantastic to boot, I wonder how I could've thought that.

I think Martha will be great but I can imagine it would be easy for her to become annoyingly confident and excited with stuff if it wasn't written well, but we've already seen how great the writing team are at keeping the balance with characters.

I can't wait- next week it's Shakespeare!  

ficklefiend
Crew

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:23 am
I was thinking (yeah, bad idea) and maybe it's missing something becuase we aren't so, well, for lack of a better phrase, emotionaly attached to the characters. New character, been a while since it was last on type.
And Tennant wasn't as funny as usual.

I think the CPR bit can be forgiven, if you're doing it on someone with two hearts the rules might not apply.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:27 am
She was copping a feel!

Plus he had all the blood sucked out of him. CPR was not gonna do a lot. Except it did. And was so transparently just an excuse to have them 'kiss' again.

Kind of makes me relieved she's quit medicine now, I gotta say.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:52 am
So many young nursing staff! I tell you now, it was nothing like that when I worked in the NHS..  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:20 am
I liked Martha, I wasnt expecting to (cause no-one likes change lol) but I did.
I liked how she said her "cousin" worked at Torchwood haha

xXx White Lily xXx

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:20 am
I don't think they did that good a job of showcasing her character, so I'm going to reserve judgement. They had a hard time because, unlike when they introduced Rose, Martha couldn't become the eyes through which the audience was introduced or reintroduced to these concepts, but even so the plot was so obviously a contrivance just to throw the characters together.

But anyway.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games