Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Vertigo_Kiwi

Tipsy Wench

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:08 am
My friends are driving me bonkers, so we'll just list them all as one big crappy:

Amy- She keeps complaining that our math teacher should be fired for "not being able to teach." Yet, Amy does not take notes, barely completes her homework, and then bitches about having a D in the class. That's right, they should fire a teacher because students aren't responsible. rolleyes

Karen- She keeps pressuring God and Jesus on me, and believes that they are the only "medication" I need to deal with depression and GAD. She also tells me that I really don't have a mental disorder, I just believe I do.

Lisa: She's just becoming a complete whore/drunk/self-destructive person.

...But these people are my only good friends, and there's no use in breaking their hearts when in a few months we'll all graduate and probably never see each other again. So, that's my happy.

Other: writing essays for scholarships (which I probably won't even get) is a pain.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:05 am
I have three journal entries and no one has commented on them.

Social Security has lost my paperwork for the second time in a row.  

jaden kendam

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:44 pm
Dealing with a special needs child is hard, but I've decided what makes it super difficult is people being dicks. I'm sorry my son can't live up to your (generic you) expectations. It's not my nor his fault that he's disabled, so kindly ******** off.

That's a lovely message to everyone who's ever told me that my son's behavior problems are due to bad parenting, and that his disabilities are nonexistant.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:57 pm
AngryRobotsInc.
Dealing with a special needs child is hard, but I've decided what makes it super difficult is people being dicks. I'm sorry my son can't live up to your (generic you) expectations. It's not my nor his fault that he's disabled, so kindly ******** off.

That's a lovely message to everyone who's ever told me that my son's behavior problems are due to bad parenting, and that his disabilities are nonexistant.

Can I give a great big screw you to any of those people myself?

And I really want to ream out someone very close to me, who told me to get over his use "Retard" as an insult. I'm trying to calm down before talking to him again.  

maenad nuri
Captain

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:07 pm
Nuri
AngryRobotsInc.

And I really want to ream out someone very close to me, who told me to get over his use "Retard" as an insult. I'm trying to calm down before talking to him again.

Nuri, just kick him in the balls and tell him to get over it. xd

I have been told that I have nothing wrong with me, but then there are the doctors who said yes, I do indeed have health issues.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:52 pm
Nuri
AngryRobotsInc.

Be my guest. I'm half tempted to just start punching people, but that would bring me down to their level.

Quote:

I used to use that as an insult quite a bit. Once I realized what an a** I was, I managed to stop using it as an insult.  

IH_Zero

Eshmasesh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:47 am
AngryRobotsInc.

I used to use that as an insult quite a bit. Once I realized what an a** I was, I managed to stop using it as an insult.
I use the word "retarded" sometimes, even though one of my brothers is slightly mentally retarded.
:{
I can't help it, it's been engrained in my vocabulary. So is the word "gay".  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:24 am
Eshmasesh
AngryRobotsInc.

I use the word "retarded" sometimes, even though one of my brothers is slightly mentally retarded.
:{
I can't help it, it's been engrained in my vocabulary. So is the word "gay".

It's hard to change, I never really got in the habit of using either one as an insult (I understood very early on that both words are co-opting people, and turning who they are into an insult), but I admire a good effort to stop more than people who just don't care.

It's ingrained in this person vocabulary too. Which is why I don't expect it to change all at once. It was the matter of which he dismissed my expectation of something resembling an apology that really got me.

We worked it out.  

maenad nuri
Captain

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:46 am
Nuri

It's hard to change, I never really got in the habit of using either one as an insult (I understood very early on that both words are co-opting people, and turning who they are into an insult), but I admire a good effort to stop more than people who just don't care.

It's ingrained in this person vocabulary too. Which is why I don't expect it to change all at once. It was the matter of which he dismissed my expectation of something resembling an apology that really got me.

We worked it out.

What caused me to change was meeting one of my friend's son who has Down's Syndrome (very severe). My son has also caused me to get past some of my hangups about those who are disabled.

He has delayed speech ( about 5 words at age two), a possible Pervasive Developmental Disorder (we're thinking Asperger's, as my brother has it, but it's too early to tell, and his delays are out of character for Asperger's), delays in his fine and gross motor skills, and Sensory Processing Disorder with problems in sensory seeking, sensory avoidance, tactile processing, audio processing, visual processing, proprioception, and low muscle tone in his upper body.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:03 am
AngryRobotsInc.

I have a t-shirt for my son that I love to quote at those people who either act like I'm a bad parent or he's just a bad kid. It says "I have autism. What's your excuse?"  

Dulliath

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:12 am
Dulliath
AngryRobotsInc.

I have a t-shirt for my son that I love to quote at those people who either act like I'm a bad parent or he's just a bad kid. It says "I have autism. What's your excuse?"

See, Philip has one that has a picture of a stick person playing a video game. "Not Now, Very Busy"

One of Philips phrases is " I am VERY BUSY! I have so much Work to do!"

And can I laugh? I babysit for two autistic boys, both 14. They are both in self-contained classes, but very different. Adam always surprises me with what he does under his breathe. And every day with Kevin is a surprise. Particualrly when he decides to be naked, jump up and down, and sniff me (apparently, I smell nice).

I come home and laugh. If you can't laugh at your students, family, clients, who can you?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:28 pm
Nuri
See, Philip has one that has a picture of a stick person playing a video game. "Not Now, Very Busy"

Where can I get a shirt like that? surprised  

Fiddlers Green

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:37 pm
Fiddlers Green
Nuri

Where can I get a shirt like that? surprised

department stores. One of my other brothers got it for him.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:23 pm
Nuri
department stores. One of my other brothers got it for him.

crying
Well, I'll eventually find it...
Sometimes I wonder if our local mall has proscribed novelty T-Shirts.  

Fiddlers Green

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:07 am
Why is it that the good theads always seem to get overshadowed by the "OMG, a three foot long dragon almost squished me, and I know its real, or the Harry Potter: Just a storybook or is it Im the UBER WICCAN book in disguise"?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games