Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Valmor von Carstein

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:40 pm
Centigrade
Reddemon
Valmor von Carstein
Kazuv
This might be a bit off topic, but let's say I'm just too damn cheap to buy Games-Workshop's models and I don't really care about entering an official tournament or anything. Does anyone know of another company that makes cheaper skeleton models? Or are GW's prices really the best for hordes of skellies?

Also, one of my friends suggested that I run a necromancer-only army (no vampires). Does anyone know if there's any real benefits to doing this?

Thanks.

A]http://s2.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=103406
A necromancer-only army? That really takes away from your fighting-power. Against foes resistant to magic (Horde of Chaos dedicated to Khorne, for example), it would be a lost fight from the beginning. Sure, your magic will wipe out most of the lesser foes, but once it comes down to Close Combat (as all battles do sooner or later), it'll be like sitting a chariot right in front of a cannon and saying, "Blast it to smithereens!"
But think of the power dice he would have. Khrone only gets so many dispell dice, and once those run out...

But I think allmost every Khorne unit has a magic resistance roll of some sorts. So it would be extremely though for a Necromancer heavy army to beat a Chaos Khornite army.If you want hordes of Power Dice, why not take Necrarch Vampires? You have extra casting bonuses that Necromancers lack, as well as still-formidable combat skills! Why sacrifice that for magic when you can get magic and keep it?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:18 pm
Necrachs are good, and decent in combat, but still suffer from a lack of armor save. They're more pricey than a necromancer, and generally have less magic levels. Even in a Necrach army, I wouldn't leave home without at least one hero level necromancer.  

Razorith Vulsroy

Valmor von Carstein

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:20 am
Yes, it's a good idea to have a Necromancer to back up your magic phase (especially one with a good arcane item or some Dispel Scrolls). However, I still think that not having vampires at all is a bad idea.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:20 pm
Valmor von Carstein
Yes, it's a good idea to have a Necromancer to back up your magic phase (especially one with a good arcane item or some Dispel Scrolls). However, I still think that not having vampires at all is a bad idea.

I didn't think you would need dispel scrolls against Khorne armies. Being that they do not really have much in the way of magic.  

Centigrade

Reddemon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:00 am
Centigrade
Valmor von Carstein

I didn't think you would need dispel scrolls against Khorne armies. Being that they do not really have much in the way of magic.
No, their the ones with alot in the way od dispelling  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:36 pm
How do vampires gain there powers? And how do Necromancers do it? I'm asking this because I have an Idea for an army I this information is needed. If you want/need to know just ask.  

Desperado de Anarquia

Valmor von Carstein

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:52 pm
Then, against an army of Khorne, you replace the Dispel Scrolls with Power Stones to compensate.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:15 pm
Valmor von Carstein
Then, against an army of Khorne, you replace the Dispel Scrolls with Power Stones to compensate.

Power Stones, Power Familiars, and Multi-Use Bound Items.

Odds are they'll need 2 Dice to safely attempt and dispel a bound item (Which can be used safely to draw away dice to even more important things).

Start with Invocations to force them to either stockpile dice for your other spells (Meaning more soldiers of you) or force them to dispell the 40pts of models you made and risk a Curse of Years on their chosen.

Diversions work wonderful. In Megabattles, my lone Eshin Sorceror tends to take around 5 dice from the enemies dispell pool simply to keep them from allowing me to skitterleap, allowing my allies (Who're usually Vamp's or Tomb Kings) to get some good spells off with less resistance.

All because they think Skitterleap will do something bad.  

Drachyench

Reddemon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:38 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Valmor von Carstein

Power Stones, Power Familiars, and Multi-Use Bound Items.

Odds are they'll need 2 Dice to safely attempt and dispel a bound item (Which can be used safely to draw away dice to even more important things).

Start with Invocations to force them to either stockpile dice for your other spells (Meaning more soldiers of you) or force them to dispell the 40pts of models you made and risk a Curse of Years on their chosen.

Diversions work wonderful. In Megabattles, my lone Eshin Sorceror tends to take around 5 dice from the enemies dispell pool simply to keep them from allowing me to skitterleap, allowing my allies (Who're usually Vamp's or Tomb Kings) to get some good spells off with less resistance.

All because they think Skitterleap will do something bad.
That happened in our games. We would waste all our spells on one player, and then get eaten, but also the Orge's only used one die, so it was either a hit, miss, or dispell  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:27 pm
Those must be some foolish players. I'd carefully examine the odds before attempting a dispel roll, just in case my opponent does have something nastier in store for me (which is what a nasty, evil bugger such as myself would do). I wish the VC had an Arcane Item with the same effect as the High Elf Book of Hoeth... stare  

Valmor von Carstein

Drachyench

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:42 pm
Valmor von Carstein
Those must be some foolish players. I'd carefully examine the odds before attempting a dispel roll, just in case my opponent does have something nastier in store for me (which is what a nasty, evil bugger such as myself would do).
Thing is, I tend to run my Sorceror around with a Brass Orb. And since my most common foe is Dwarf, Orc, or Lizardman (All low Int), that comes to my bonus. None of them like me dropping it on their most expensive unit. Plus the whole "Hunt war machines / wizard" role it plays.

Quote:
I wish the VC had an Arcane Item with the same effect as the High Elf Book of Hoeth... stare
That's the "Dispel but on a 1 or 2 the enemy can't use it again" book, correct?

A lil' nasty, though worth its points. I wish they kept sizzla's baubles though (Irresistable Plague? Okay, *Rolls a 5* make the toughness test for your mages unit.)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:18 pm
No, it's the "Any casting roll by the bearer that includes doubles counts as Irrisistable Force, except a Miscast," item.  

Valmor von Carstein

thevainess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:31 pm
Valmor von Carstein
Those must be some foolish players. I'd carefully examine the odds before attempting a dispel roll, just in case my opponent does have something nastier in store for me (which is what a nasty, evil bugger such as myself would do). I wish the VC had an Arcane Item with the same effect as the High Elf Book of Hoeth... stare

That would be nice if we had that. Heh.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:40 pm
thevainess
Valmor von Carstein

That would be nice if we had that. Heh.
Thats like saying if Bret Pegasus knights had the pance formation.

"If it's and but's we're candy and nuts.... Then I would have a girlfriend"  

Reddemon

lightandshadow13

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:12 am
you guys now that the new codex, there no more blood lines only powers  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items