Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Orcs and Goblins Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hellwolve

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:16 am
Daemon_King
Hellwolve
Nothing all that special...Was thinking of replacing the arms and head, mostly, as both are outdated. Then again, I could use that other, somewhat old Orc on a boar...Would be, IIRC, the fifth time I changed him lol

Oh Geez.

Amusing thought, ain't it? biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:07 pm
Hellwolve
Daemon_King
Hellwolve
Nothing all that special...Was thinking of replacing the arms and head, mostly, as both are outdated. Then again, I could use that other, somewhat old Orc on a boar...Would be, IIRC, the fifth time I changed him lol

Oh Geez.

Watch, once you figured something out, and you go to work. It'll turn into something completely different.  

Daemon_King

Hellwolve

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:23 am
Daemon_King
Hellwolve
Daemon_King
Hellwolve

Oh Geez.

Watch, once you figured something out, and you go to work. It'll turn into something completely different.

I know...Problem is, I've often wanted to change it after I deem it 'complete'...How do you think he got changed five times? wink  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:59 pm
Hellwolve
Daemon_King
Hellwolve
Daemon_King
Hellwolve

Oh Geez.

I know...Problem is, I've often wanted to change it after I deem it 'complete'...How do you think he got changed five times? wink

This time you got to go with some and stick with it, or deem it complete and try to figure out what to do with it a few more times.  

Daemon_King

Hellwolve

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:42 am
I think I'll do the latter mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:38 pm
Okay, my stuffs for the unlimited pts megabattle:

9 Trolls (Either stone or River, depending on competition)
x2 9 Spider Rider Units, full command
15 Wolf Riders, Full Command
25 Orc Boyz, Full Command
25 Orc Big Un'z, Full Command
19 Spearmen, Full command
40 Night Goblins, H-Weapon and Shields, Full Command
30 Night Goblins, Spears, Full command
x2 12 Orc Arrer Units
25 Night Goblin Archers, Full Command
Boar Chariot
20 Black Orcs, Full Command
3 Squig Teams
2 Spear Chukkas
5 Snotling Bases

No hero's are included in that yet...  

Drachyench

Grimork IronClaw

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:33 am
Is it just me or does anyone else think the new Night Goblin models Suck out loud there smaller, less detailed, and the body,head, legs are all one pice and over all they suck the common goblins are the same so why screw up the night goblins? scream  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:18 am
I agree; IMO the new Night Goblins aren't much of a improvement. What I do like is the new Goblin and Night Goblin heroes/lords.  

Hellwolve

Grimork IronClaw

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:09 am
Hellwolve
I agree; IMO the new Night Goblins aren't much of a improvement. What I do like is the new Goblin and Night Goblin heroes/lords.

Exactly the new lords/heros/ and shamans are so cool and then they went and made the troops Lame whats the point ?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:16 am
I think it was mostly because with the starter kit, they put in 60 of the little buggers. Having each one nicely detailed would make it harder to keep that many Night Goblins in the kit. However, not all is bad about the models. And they should be smaller.  

Clockwork_Creep

Dangerous Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

EliotJamesRookwood

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:26 pm
Grimork IronClaw
Hellwolve

Exactly the new lords/heros/ and shamans are so cool and then they went and made the troops Lame whats the point ?

Well, your average goblin shouldn't be cool. The lords and heroes are supposed to be the pinacle of the race, the strongest, most powerful, sneaky gits out there. The goblins are fine, and especially easy to paint, you can get those 60 up quickly, fully painted and everything.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:44 am
There's cool and there's cool. A good Nurgle Greater Daemon can be cool in it's putrid uncoolness. And a Night Goblin can be a cool mini. Which currently, IMO, they aren't.  

Hellwolve

Pontius Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:29 pm
I've been wondering for awhile exactly what the advantages of giving boar boyz spears might be. You're paying a point per guy for something that does exactly what a choppa does (only when you charge), as well as losing any hand weapon armor bonus coupled with a shield. Unless there was something I missed in the spear bonus for mounted models? I ask this because the part on boars boyz in the hobby section portrays all of them with spears. Looks cool, I guess.

Also, why don't Black Orcs take some initiative and ride some boars for once?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:23 am
Pontius Pirate

I dunno, maybe they're too big for the boars to carry...  

Lethkhar

Hellwolve

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:08 am
Pontius Pirate
I've been wondering for awhile exactly what the advantages of giving boar boyz spears might be. You're paying a point per guy for something that does exactly what a choppa does (only when you charge), as well as losing any hand weapon armor bonus coupled with a shield. Unless there was something I missed in the spear bonus for mounted models? I ask this because the part on boars boyz in the hobby section portrays all of them with spears. Looks cool, I guess.

Other than it looking cool, I've no idea...Unless I've forgotten something, you're completely right.

Pontius Pirate

There's no 'offcial' reason in the fiction that I know of. If there would be one, I think it would be the one Lethkhar has put forth.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff