Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Empire Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 28 29 30 31 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:50 am
Ludwig Schwartzhelm

Kurt Helborg

Empire engineer on clockwork horse

New warrior priests

Empire pistoliers / outriders

No sign of the new rocket artillery yet. Expect a scanned picture of that one tomorrow. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:02 pm
Drools eek  

Reddemon

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:57 am
Images will be posted later today.

Gathered from the new army book.

New stuff:
- Dragon mount, Karl Franz only though
- Grenade launching blunderbuss (Pfielmann's Incendiary Projector of Explosive Misfortune), engineers and outrider champions only
- Mechanical steed (Meikle's Equine Effigy of Dynamic Locomotion), engineers only
- Pigeon bombs (Herstel-Wenckler Pigeon Bomb), engineers only, may be a bit pricey
- Steam tank
- War altar of Sigmar (Super-holy-chariot-of-smiting for warrior priests)

New things:
- Volleygun has a range 24", you select a target, fire the barrels with the artillery die and add the results of the three barrels together. If a misfire is rolled you immediately roll on the missfire table and then continue rolling for the remaining barrels. You must fire all three barrels. You then measure the range and roll to hit with the modifiers as normal.
- Helstorm rocket battery! Fires Str. 5 rockets at G12"-48" (much like a cannon really)
- Flagellants will get special effects id they sacrifice D3 of theirselves for some special effects, which can be stacked! (Hate all enemies, re-roll failed rolls to wound and +1 to combat resolution)

The list of heroes:
- Emperor Karl Franz (with a list of steed options and the choice between Ghal Maraz and the Runefang)
- Kurt Helborg (carries a Runefang)
- Ludwig Schwartzhelm (Battle army standard bearer with a Sword of Justice)
- Volkmar the Grim
- Luthor Huss
- Balthasar Gelt

Some things got cheaper in points:
- Halberdiers, spearmen and swordsmen cost one point less
- Greatswords now cost two points less bgut retain their Stubborn status
- Volleyguns go down in cost by 15 points
- Pistoliers go down one point

However:
- Huntsmen now cost two points more
- Free Company no longer has access to light armour
- Knights of the White Wolf no longer get cavalry hammers

+ + +

The mini's.
- Handgunners and state troops come on two sprues, the torsos and legs are already affixed together
- The Outrider / pistoliers sprues come with the horses integrated on them, so no seperate horse sprues sad

+ + +

Image of the new clockwork horse and the Helstorm rocket battery.
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:55 am
So these Colckwork Horses that I have heared about. Does anyone know exactly do they do?  

Masada

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:08 pm
Counts as barded warhorse (but Str. 4 and T 4) and when it charges it does D3 impact hits of Str. 4 as the horse discharges electricity from it's eyes.

People are probably going to love or hate the new Outriders. They are pretty pricey at 21 points, but they come with repeater handguns and BS 4. Outrider champion has BS 5 and can take a long rifle. Also, for two extra points the Outriders can take barding for their horses.

Last but not least, the Steam Tank no longer has hull points, but instead just has ten wounds. Steam point generation is still the same, though with ten wounds the actual generation of points is a little trickier.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:56 am
Ah so they are like the Tomb Kings light chariots but I am guessing the are not fast cavelry?  

Masada

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:01 am
Masada
Ah so they are like the Tomb Kings light chariots but I am guessing the are not fast cavelry?

When the Outriders take barding for their horses, then they no longer count as fast cavalry.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:57 pm
Lt. Brookman
Masada

When the Outriders take barding for their horses, then they no longer count as fast cavalry.

So it is the outriders that have the Clockwork Horses? That will make them a unit to be feared then.  

Masada

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:50 pm
Masada
Lt. Brookman
Masada

So it is the outriders that have the Clockwork Horses? That will make them a unit to be feared then.

No, only engineers can take clockwork horses  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:41 pm
Lt. Brookman
Masada
Lt. Brookman
Masada

No, only engineers can take clockwork horses

Oh I see I thought if Outriders had C.Horses they would be a bit too powerful. So in your opinion what is the best new thing about The Empire army now? The C.Horse is tempting to me but I like the upgrade the Flagellents got.  

Masada

Masada

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:05 pm
Well I ordered the big Empire box set today. So I should be an Empire player by January 4th at the latest. That means my army at the start is going to be 1 General, 1 Standard bearer, 1 Bright Wizard, 20 State Troops, 10 Handgunners, 10 Crossbowmen, 5 Outriders, 5 Pistoliers, 12 Knights and 1 Great Cannon. Not a bad start I say^^  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:23 pm
I personally LOVE the mess of Characters, magic items, and special rules added to the empire.

Only thing I dislike is two of those characters can be taken in games less then 2K points. Hell, you can have Luthor Huss in warbands, I think (If not, he's barely over the pt. limit). Otherwise, seems good. Rules were added to improve rarely used units, magic items were mostly just reprinted with rules slightly changed, and that's it.

I DO, however, have mixed feelings for some of the ideas, like a unit that can march and fire 3-shots each. Sure, they need 5's to hit, but when you can get 15+ shots that way, it will lead to some problems.  

Drachyench

Reddemon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:55 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
I personally LOVE the mess of Characters, magic items, and special rules added to the empire.

Only thing I dislike is two of those characters can be taken in games less then 2K points. Hell, you can have Luthor Huss in warbands, I think (If not, he's barely over the pt. limit). Otherwise, seems good. Rules were added to improve rarely used units, magic items were mostly just reprinted with rules slightly changed, and that's it.

I DO, however, have mixed feelings for some of the ideas, like a unit that can march and fire 3-shots each. Sure, they need 5's to hit, but when you can get 15+ shots that way, it will lead to some problems.
True, but if thats what happens for the Empie, well, fear the Elves  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:34 pm
I am torn... So much I love, yet so much I'm displeased with...
*Hasn't looked in the book yet, plans on getting one later this week*

Dragon is nice, but they killed Deathclaw! gonk
They beat me to a mechanical steed... But I'll still finish the clockwork pegasus first!
They brought back the War Alter! Glee!
My Helblasters will now be retired. 15 points less isn't worth rolling to hit with modefiers, unless the crewmen are now BS4.
VOLKMAR HAS RETURNED!
Cheaper infantry is nice. 3nodding
I like how the rockets look... Still have no idea just how it works, but it looks cool. xd  

Everlasting Chaos

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:11 am
Everlasting Chaos
Dragon is nice, but they killed Deathclaw! gonk

Karl Franz can still ride Deathclaw!  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 28 29 30 31 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games