Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Hufflepuff Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Bug430 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 9, 4, 4, 6, 5, 2, 7, 7, 5, 5 Total: 54 (10-100)

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:46 pm
User Image
Hufflepuff|1st year|Muggle-Born|Single

Why must I be judged upon the purity of my blood?

Steele went for the ball, but knew as soon as he was going he would overjump the shot and guess what he did, exactly that. Now, he was left reaching back for the ball, nothing being able to save the quaffle, but his fingertips.

Will I ever be the same?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:58 pm
User Image

He watched as the quaffle fluttered by, a devastsated look in his eyes. He started to get mad at himself, for he did the exact thing that Devin had told him not to do, like his lesson went through one ear and out the other. He hated himself. How could he not of stopped that? He retrieved the Quaffle and threw it back to Ariana, not even the slightest of noises coming out of his mouth. None of any congratulations or even criticisms. It was not like Steele at all.

Will I ever be the same?

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
kiska166 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 3, 6, 6, 7, 9, 5, 2, 9, 7, 7 Total: 61 (10-100)

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:27 pm

Ariana Hawthorne
First Year: Hufflepuff

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

When Ariana threw the quaffle, Steele went after it; however, he barely touched it. "Yay!" she yelled excitedly when the ball went by him. Steele threw the quaffle back towards Ariana, and she was able to catch it as Steele hadn't added much force to his throw. Alright, second time, she thought before attempting to throw the quaffle just as she did before.

wearing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:30 pm
Quidditch is my life, but my knowledge is who I am.
User Image
Devin Cloud
Third YearHufflepuffChaser

⇳ ⇴ ⇵ ⇶ ⇷ ⇸ ⇹ ⇺ ⇻ ⇼ ⇽ ⇾ ⇿

"My summer was pretty good actually. I honestly just went to a couple friends house because you went all A-wall on me," he joked, smiling at her. He then addressed her second question, which he found amusing. Did she feel threatened? Was Charlotte Hattington worried? No, she wasn't.

"Well, that girl about to shoot is Ariana. The keeper is Steele Thompson, and the girl sitting down is another Hawthorn coincidentally. They are all alright. They have a lot to work on though......Oh! Great shot Ariana!" he shouted to her, watching as Steele started to beat himself up. This was a lesson within itself. A great keeper needed to have a short memory. He awaited her second shot, wondering if Steele ever was going to get it.

Some are born great, some achieve great, but some...have greatness thrust upon them.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
Bug430 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 6, 6, 5, 10, 8, 10, 10, 5, 8, 10 Total: 78 (10-100)

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:39 pm
User Image

Steele did it again. He jumped the wrong way on the second shot as well. Why was he so anxious. He knew he missed it, just about giving up mid shot. He watched as it soared into another goal all together.

Will I ever be the same?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:48 pm
User Image

A faint spark of hope then flashed into his mind, a new sense of struck in him. He wanted this, he had this. He turned, accelerating forward at a high speed. He was within distance, but it was going to take a heck of a balance act to actually get this quaffle away from the goal. He grabbed his broom with his one hand, and next thing you know it, he kicked his leg forward, nothing but his one hand keeping him away from sure death. His foot made a small connection with the Quaffle and misdirected it from the goal. But he was still hanging in the air. He pulled with his hand that was on the broom, and then he kicked his foot towards the broom, flipping himself back onto the broom. That's when he suddenly realized. This flying thing was all balance. All he needed to do was shift his weight right. That was how he could become faster. He congratulated Ariana this time. It was a heck of a shot.

Will I ever be the same?

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
kiska166 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 6, 2, 1, 1, 10, 4, 6, 7, 7, 6 Total: 50 (10-100)

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:47 pm

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana looked towards Devin as he complimented her shot. "Thanks!" she yelled back, happily. She watched as the quaffle flew towards a goal post, but Steele caught it this time. "Poo," she muttered as he congratulated her on the throw. "Thanks, you too!" she yelled, being a good sport. Third time's the charm, she thought, receiving the quaffle one more time. Extending her arm, she chucked the ball towards the goal posts yet another time.

wearing

Bug430 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 3, 8, 7, 1, 7, 8, 7, 4, 9, 3 Total: 57 (10-100)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:11 pm
User Image

Steele watched, trying to read her eyes and it indeed worked, but his conscious began to tell him he was going to over jump it again. He started to slow down a bit, believing his conscious, but that indeed opened up the whole for the shot to go in. When he realized he was wrong, he sped forward.

Will I ever be the same?

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:18 pm
User Image

Steele just got there, tipping the quaffle up into his other hand. He caught the ball amd threw it all the way to Devin who was across the field. It was a fairly far throw, but it was almost perfect on the spot. Steele smiled and retreated back to the goalposts. He awaited the next person to start, hoping he could do well.

Will I ever be the same?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:57 pm

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana looked over at Devin, who now has possession of the quaffle. I hope I'm a better seeker than chaser, she thought, only have gotten one of three goals. She probably scored the first time because Steele did just what Devin told him not to do, which meant Ariana was an even worse chaser than it seemed.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:58 pm
User Image
"Only a true dream
can catch my eye

and hold me down"

Kat was glad for Devin's answer. She needed to know her potential teammates' names in order to succeed. She would have introduced herself, but goodness knows Kat had never been good at that stuff.
Charlotte was a little confused when he referred to her disappearance. "You did get my letter about my grandmother... right?" She was sure she'd sent letters to both him and Jess.
Jess. Kat remembered with a pang that she hadn't yet seen her best female friend yet that year. She hoped Jess wasn't making guesses as to why Charlotte hadn't spoken to her.
She shook her head, clearing it of such thoughts. Now was a time to focus on her sport. Glancing at Devin, she asked, "So when is our turn to shoot? These littluns can't expect us to sit around all day, can they?" Charlotte was getting antsy, and she knew Devin knew it. She was desperate to pull some kind of maneuver, stunt, or plain, simple shot on goal. Quickly, in attempt to temporarily satisfy her thirst for action, she dove into a quick front flip, coming up on the other side of her friend.

User Image

Age: 14 ❤ Relationship Status: Single ❤ Mood: Pumped ❤ Location: Quidditch Pitch

Thoughts: "Let's do something!!!"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:10 am
Quidditch is my life, but my knowledge is who I am.
User Image
Devin Cloud
Third YearHufflepuffChaser

Devin watched as Steele made an amazing aerial save amd he was quite impressed. The next time, he made the save with ease, probably because he did what Devin had told him to do. Devin told Charlotte to wait there for a minute, and he flew over to Ariana, who looked a tad sad because she only scored one. He knew that was the reason, for her attitude was the same as his. She was quite competitive and hated losing, just as much as he had. He finally got over to her, giving her a pat on the back. "You did a great job Ariana. You did everything I could ask for. You just need to work on your placement and your wind up. You want to use shoulder rotation and your arm for power. Once you work on that, you most definitely will make a good chaser. Although, I don't believe it would be your best position. You would make an even better seeker. You're small, agile, and quick, all key tools to become a seeker. So, we'll see what you got. I'll go release it, try and get it, he told her, smiling at her. He then turned and faced the other Hawthorne.

"You, you're up. Prove to me that you can play chaser he told the giro, throwing her the Quaffle. Devin then went down to the box, releasing a gold little ball that flew around at very high soeeds and made quick turns. He pointed it out to Ariana then told her to get it. He then flew back up to Char, who was waiting for him.

"Well, I already shot, because I had to warm up Steele. But you can do whatever you want after the last first year goes. Unfortunately, none of our beaters came out this year," he said, a small face of disappointment marking his features.

Some are born great, some achieve great, but some...have greatness thrust upon them.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
BeaterBeast525 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 1, 5, 9, 10, 5, 2, 2, 3, 9, 4 Total: 50 (10-100)

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:27 pm
Ⓗeather Ⓢtevia Ⓗawthorn
~First Year Hufflepuff~

User Image

—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Heather watched Ariana's tryout quietly. Even though she only made one of her three shots, she did really well in Heather's opinion. Before she knew it, Devin had tossed her the Quaffle. She caught it in her hands and looked at it for a moment. This is it. Time to show them I can actually do something worth while. she thought. She flew up into the air and positioned herself where Ariana had before her tryouts. She faced Steele, holding the Quaffle with her right hand, and pushing her glasses up with her left hand. She took a deep breathe, and drew her arm back, then threw the Quaffle towards the goal posts...

{OOC:}

Wearing

—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

"It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation."

User Image

Click Above For A Song!

User Image

kiska166 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 10, 3, 1, 6, 10, 8, 2, 2, 5, 9 Total: 56 (10-100)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:02 pm

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

As Devin approached Ariana, she narrowed her eyes, not wanting him to be disappointed with her. When he spoke, Ariana looked back up at his eyes. Yay! I get to try out for seeker! she thought happily, waiting for Devin to release the snitch. "Thank you! You won't be disappointed!" she yelled to him, preparing herself for the chase. When Devin pointed out the small, golden ball to Ariana, she followed it with her eyes, and set out after it. She chased after it at full speed when suddenly, the snitch seemed to disappear out of view. Ariana stopped in mid-air, darting her eyes back and forth looking for it. What? Where did it go? she wondered, looking around. Could it really be this hard to find the snitch?

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Bug430 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 8, 4, 3, 4, 2, 9, 2, 3, 9, 9 Total: 53 (10-100)

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:36 pm
User Image

Steele felt like he read the shot pretty well, getting a great jump on the ball, which was not too late, not too early. He smiled to himself because he believed he had this one for sure.

Will I ever be the same?

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games