Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Guild Archives
Release thread - Horus Heresy & 7TV Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 68 69 70 71 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lunar Marionette

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:20 am

I have to admit, I am excited by the prospect of new Sisters of Battle aswell as Grey Knights. The idea of giving sisters veils and the such would be an interesting prospect modelling wise.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:44 am

Mind you, Sisters are still a long, long way off, the current designs are still in the late alpha stages. Right now we've got Skaven reinforcements - Blood Angel reinforcements - Orcs & Goblins - Grey Knights. Though I do believe that any discussion regarding other, non-confirmed releases is best discussed in the rumours thread and not here in the release thread.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Sissy Fairy

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:10 am

The Blood Angels are up for pre order today and there is less than what people were expecting on offer. The following items are released on the 5th February

Battleforce

Stormraven Gunship

Furioso Dreadnought

Now there was a lot less than what people were expecting, although it could just be that they are doing two waves of releases, although truth be told I highly doubt that. For reinforcement releases, they'll release everything they have to offer at one point.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:30 am

Just as I said a few pages back, am I right or am I right? Granted, I said Sanguinary Guard and instead we're getting the better (conversion fodder) option: Death Company, with enough blood drop bling for both the Tacticals and Assault marines. I wouldn't say that this isn't a lot on offer though, sure only two of the three kits are really spanking new, but a Battle Force is always a welcome addition. Plus the Dread kit is brimming with extra parts, including three front plates, all codex weapon options and enough blood drop bling for other vehicles. If it wasn't for the scowling lass sitting behind me I'd get this kit and a Venerable kit and see what happens when they are brought together.

I'm not sure what else is missing from the Blood Angels codex that still needs to be added. Any characters missing?

In any case, time now to stare at the Chibi-Hawk pictures for a long time and decide whether or not I want need one and convert it into an unarmed atmospheric shuttle for Rogue Trader scenarios.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Sissy Fairy

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:18 am

lol Well I must admit, going through the new advance orders for next month, I am looking forward to the Furioso Dreadnought, and the Battleforce. A perfect time to start a new army so its all good. I'm still not convinced by the Stormraven, but that might change if I want one I'll get one.

With the new models, everything has been updated, and nothing is missing. Except for the Librarian on bike and with a jump pack, and Terminator or Bike mounted Sanguinary Priests, nothing is missing.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:47 am

Librarian with jump pack is easy enough, bike mounted Apothecary can easily be cranked out by combining bike model with Sanguinary Guard and SM command squad boxed set.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Darkweaver66

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:14 am

Lt. Brookman
In any case, time now to stare at the Chibi-Hawk pictures for a long time and decide whether or not I want need one and convert it into an unarmed atmospheric shuttle for Rogue Trader scenarios.

great minds think alike it seems. i was looking at it and thinking that it would be perfect for my Rogue Trader character and his little posse (i use them for necromunda games when i play, but since i dont really play warhammer anymore, just model/paint, they are more a display unit)

brilliant thing ive noticed looking at the sprues, is that besides the imperial eagles, the ships are completely unmarked! all the details are seperate peices (i guess because of the Grey Knights, there are Inquisition "sword/book" icons too) which suits my non-space marine needs fine!

only problem is its price tag, can i really justify spending £41 on this when im meant to be saving for University, and getting a Nintendo 3DS in march...?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:31 am

If you really, really want it, I'd say get it from Maelstrom or Waylands, but their discount isn't that shocking these days. I might get it at my own FLGS when I have the money.

The only icons found on the hull are winged skulls, which can easily be removed with aid of a Dremel tool or a good old sharp knife and piece of sand paper. The bigger conversion points will be the top, as I don't want to use the turret and large air intake, the frontal melta array and the ugh, "BLOODstrike" missile array built into the wings. I'll probably have to paint the cockpit windows black, seeing as it is too large for a single human to sit there. Unless I convert up two spare Sentinel pilots. Hmm, so many options..

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:07 am

Surprised nobody else mentioned these by now:

Eldar Warp Hunter

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Shadow Spectres Warrior squad

The Shadow Spectres will be getting one extra model in form of an Exarch, later this year as a separate release.

FW also makes mention of Warhammer Forge getting an official unveil next newsletter.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:55 am

Those models kick a**, I wonder how much they'll cost. If they are out in March then i'll be getting them when I go up to Warhammer World.

Sissy Fairy

6,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:05 am

How about some nice non-GW 28mm releases?

New: Bolt Action Chindits!

Quote:
Orde Wingate’s tough jungle fighters are now here! Taking the fight behind enemy lines and in some of the world’s most inhospitable terrain these chaps are the epitome of British doggedness.

The Chindits were the largest allied special forces in operation during WWII. Formed from the British Indian Army as well as the British Army, these men operated deep behind enemy lines in North Burma to bring the battle to the Japanese. The jungles of Burma provided plenty of hardship transforming these fighting men into some of the toughest and grizzled soldiers of their day. The models we have planned reflect the unique nature of this fighting force, as you can see here in the boxed set, character pack, and Vickers HMG pack below.

Ordinary soldiers asked to do the extraordinary, the British Chindits of Burma in WW2 have earned a fearsome reputation for bravery and sheer bloody mindedness in their drawn out daring raids behind Japanese lines. In a hostile environment, these men, nicknamed after a mythological Burmese temple beast, fought a hard war to win back Burma from the all conquering Japanese army and forged a name that will be remembered in history.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Major-General Orde Wingate is quite possibly the most eccentric character from the Second World War. He would carry an onion around his neck that he would bite into as a snack and often went without clothing.

Major Bernard Fergusson served in the Black Watch before being given command of the 16th Infantry Brigade which was to be converted into a Chindits formation to operate deep behind the Japanese lines.

Lt Cairns won the Victoria Cross after he was attacked by a Japanese officer who, with his sword, all but hacked off the lieutenant’s left arm. The latter killed the officer, picked up the sword and continued to lead his men, slashing left and right with the captured sword, killing and wounding several of the enemy before he himself fell to the ground. This action so inspired his comrades that the Japanese were completely routed, a very rare occurrence at that time.

One of the oldest and best serving weapons of the British Commonwealth armies, the Heavy Vickers machine gun on tripod served through both World Wars and even on past Korea. Reliable and accurate, Warlord’s Chindit machine gun team is just what the doctor ordered to support the infantry platoons as they advance.

New: Crimean War British!

Quote:
Taking the fight to the Russian aggressor, these brave British redcoats look as fine as fine could be. Her Majesty’s Line regiments formed the bulk of the British army in the Crimea so you’ll need plenty of these lads!

Taking the fight to the Russian aggressor, these brave British redcoats look as fine as fine could be. Her Majesty’s Line regiments formed the bulk of the British army in the Crimea so you’ll need plenty of these lads!

We have the line companies and of course the two flank companies with their more elaborate shoulder decoration, so that light and grenadier companies (indeed fusiliers too) can be represented.
This box provides you with:

- A four man Command consisting of an Officer, two Standards and a Drummer
- An eight man Flank Company in shakos
- A twenty man Centre Company in shakos
- Full-colour flags

How about this splendid fellow! He’s the perfect accompaniment for your British Line Regiment. As befits a gentleman he is mounted so that he stands above the lowly foot troopers he commands.

Re-release: Bolt Action Shermans and Sd.Kfz 7!

Quote:
Yet more remastered and rereleased Bolt Action resin vehicles! This week we see the addition of the Sd.Kfz 7 prime mover (great for pulling our 88mm gun!) and our three Sherman variants – Sandbagged M4A3 76mm, the M4A3 76mm, M4A3 75mm.

New: Architects of War ACW!

Quote:
Well known for their outstanding terrain pieces, the Architects of War chaps have been hard at it with their American Civil War miniatures range – packed with character, these are a great addition to anyone’s ACW collection…

Preview: Hold the Line!

Quote:
Our Unleash Hell! Roman General miniature as been remarkably popular and you’ve asked us for a mounted version. So, here’s a quick look at said Roman officer on horseback and his faithful hound as they charge the enemy lines, leading from the front…

Model of the Week: Macro & Cato

Quote:
This week’s spotlight falls on one of our most popular boxed sets – Simon Sçarrow’s Macro & Cato. Whether you’re a fan of Simon’s novels or a tabletop Roman general you’ll be wanting these superb sculpts…

Set consists of 2 Beautiful 28mm metal Macro and Cato figures, with options for Bare and Helmeted heads and a resin base. In addition to the excellent models in the boxed set, you will get the first chapter of Mr. Scarrow’s superb Macro and Cato novel The Gladiator!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:02 pm

what a brickwall of pics!
they are very fine miniatures, especially the american uncivil war series for the fun/parody factor!
chindits would make fine guardsmen if not for GW monopoly policy, with Shermans counting as Leman Russ in support razz

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:06 am

While Bolt Action and GW share the same scale bracket (28mm), the Bolt Action are 28mm true-scale, not heroic scale, so sadly the ranges won't go together that well, with the GW models being slightly taller, bulkier and deformed when compared to the Bolt Action and indeed all the other Warlord Games ranges. Which are excellent by the way if you ever find yourself in need of a cheap plastic army of say, English Civil War Royalists or a Tercio of Landsknecht.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:13 am

Lt. Brookman
While Bolt Action and GW share the same scale bracket (28mm), the Bolt Action are 28mm true-scale, not heroic scale, so sadly the ranges won't go together that well, with the GW models being slightly taller, bulkier and deformed when compared to the Bolt Action and indeed all the other Warlord Games ranges. Which are excellent by the way if you ever find yourself in need of a cheap plastic army of say, English Civil War Royalists or a Tercio of Landsknecht.

Gimme Polish light cavalry or winged hussars anyday!

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:46 am

Van Evok
Lt. Brookman

Gimme Polish light cavalry or winged hussars anyday!

Do you mean these guys:

And these guys?

wink
Guild Archives

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 68 69 70 71 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games