Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

lizzieangel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:05 pm
Grey_Temerity
Seen and not heard, that's the spirit.

3nodding

Isn't that for children?
Not house elves?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:02 pm
All Teachers Should Note:

We are currently begining our 8th week of the term out of ten. Next week I won't be available, but that is when we would normally begin the re-application process. Now, I've heard a few complaints that it's tedious to have to re-apply and re-make your classroom every term. However, this will be effective until we get to that issue in the "Answer-All" thread. That means that all who wish to teach in the up-coming Spring Term will need to re-apply. You can find the form for application in the first post of this very thread. I ask you all to just post your application (please don't PM them to me, my inbox is buldgeing as it is.) I'll be back for the last week of term and I'll be here for the re-appointing process, but it would be wise to post your re-application sooner rather than later as I don't want to have that last minute scramble that we had last term. It makes it so that the term doesn't really begin until week 2 or 3.Thus, I suggest you re-post your application to teach next term and, if you haven't already, begin putting your lessons into a word document or something so that you can easily make a new thread. I'll give you all more information of the end-of-year point cut-off and when all of the old classrooms will be deleted during the last week of term.

If you have anymore questions, please post them here rather than PM me, it makes it easier.
Thank you,
Mafalda Prewett
(Newly-instated Headmistress)

KTweirdchick

Angilwingz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:57 pm
I think successful reapplicants shouldnt have to remake their classrooms.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:54 pm
I think we should keep our classrooms.  

Voluptuous Jon

Dapper Gaian

KTweirdchick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:11 pm
bah...
domokun
fine, I give up...
but you have to re-set your lessons at least...
I mean...you can't just re-give points every term...
sweatdrop

But do whatever you like,
just please re-apply,
it helps, trust me it does...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:39 pm
Mmmk...I apply to re-teach Muggle Studies.

Cause I can, and it amuzes me.

As a crew member and Slytherin head of house, I accept this application. rofl

Angilwingz

Celestial Archer

Fashionable Entrepreneur

4,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:41 pm
Hogwarts Teaching Application

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild? Since 06.07.05

2. How many posts have you made? 708

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you? Yes

4. Class you are applying for: To continue teaching Ancient Ruins

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required): RP Name: Alasse Anwamane
User Name: Celestial Archer

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts: Because I've enjoyed teaching and the students seem to like my class

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like) You can check my current thread

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.) KT and some of my students

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have: Knowledge about Ancient Ruins sweatdrop

10. Anything else you would like to add: Nope nothing really

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:24 am

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?
Since about August last year.

2. How many posts have you made? um...about 500

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you? Yes

4. Class you are applying for: Arithmancy

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
RP: Professor Curzon
Username: lizzieangel
6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:
Because I like helping others learn

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like) You can check my current thread

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.) KT

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:
Wanting to teach and learn  

lizzieangel

KTweirdchick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:45 am
Oh yeah,
When re-applying,
Anyone can use me as a refrence,
as I definately will vouch for any of our teachers from this past term...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:42 am
I would like to teach as long as I can teach and be a Student!

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?
12.23.05 - around 2 and a half months.

2. How many posts have you made?

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
All of them

4. Class you are applying for:
Defense Against the Dark Arts, or I would really love to teach charms if nobody else takes it, If Dragons still wants it, he gets it.

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
Professor Jon (Voluptuous Jon)

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:
I love teaching.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
My class will be instructed most likely in a role playing form, for instance...

Professor Jon walked into his classroom slightly tired but ready to teach. He managed to reach his desk when he pointed his wand at his book and opened it. He then started teaching his lesson on Werewolves.

The class had ended and the Professor started to hand out the homework which was based on the lesson of Werewolves.

I will set up my class alike the other classes but a little easier to get around and less confusing.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
KT

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:
This question is a hard one. I have a strive for perfection which is something that I have that none of the other teachers have. I need to make sure that everything is going right and that everything is in it's right place. And I want to teach.

10. Anything else you would like to add:
No Thank you.

Voluptuous Jon

Dapper Gaian

lizzieangel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:54 am
I hate having to re-apply...

KT, could we change it so we only have to reapply once a year?
If someone else wants our job, then we apply. New teachers apply as well. That would work dead well...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:11 pm
mhhh...
maybe we'll decide that over the summer...
But for now,
everyone has to re-apply...
I mean...
there are teachers who taught this term who wont carry on next term...
3nodding
and I forgot to edit the first post before I left for break
but everyone,
please POST your reaplication people...
stop sending me PMs!
my inbox is already over 100%!
sweatdrop

KTweirdchick

Celestial Archer

Fashionable Entrepreneur

4,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:01 am
KTweirdchick
mhhh...
maybe we'll decide that over the summer...
But for now,
everyone has to re-apply...
I mean...
there are teachers who taught this term who wont carry on next term...
3nodding
and I forgot to edit the first post before I left for break
but everyone,
please POST your reaplication people...
stop sending me PMs!
my inbox is already over 100%!
sweatdrop
Mine too sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:17 pm
If I would like to apply to teach, should I post here, or should I PM since I'm not a current teacher? I've already sent PMs, but if they aren't getting there, I don't know what I should do. (Sorry if I'm not supposed to post here in the first place. I didn't know how to go about asking.)  

redpopsicles

Celestial Archer

Fashionable Entrepreneur

4,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:04 am
redpopsicles
If I would like to apply to teach, should I post here, or should I PM since I'm not a current teacher? I've already sent PMs, but if they aren't getting there, I don't know what I should do. (Sorry if I'm not supposed to post here in the first place. I didn't know how to go about asking.)
You should post your application here and wait for KT, Angil, Dragons and I to accept you.  
Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games