Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Rude Discussion
Emo = stupid... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think about emo?
It's good.
14%
 14%  [ 8 ]
It's retarded.
14%
 14%  [ 8 ]
Even POP music is better than EMO!
20%
 20%  [ 11 ]
Ska is god.
50%
 50%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 55

girl_no_13

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:04 am
Ive just realised a great thing about folk music- folk ska! xd Yes, it exists, yes, its great, yes, it had a fiddle in it!

And back to the topic- go here its very funny.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:15 pm
Red-Baron
Starland ballroom, that's the place I'm goin, gotta check up on that
I'm going there too!  

texownsyou

[ CD Repo Man ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:35 pm
AquaFranz
Uh...*sighs* You filthy conformists....

My countless cd's and eight-hundred thousand dollar house is not enough to ease my pain...

My $350 dollar mp3 player which is necessary for my everyday life, filled to the brim with Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, and The Used...is not enough....

My seemingly endless band logo t-shirts? Nope.

My screenname? XxXxXEmoXxXxX ...completely original.

My poems on Live Journal/Blurty/MySpace/Xanga? They are images of my soul...

Now you see my pain...*pops in newest cd*

[That felt GOOD!!!]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:28 pm
girl_no_13
Ive just realised a great thing about folk music- folk ska! xd Yes, it exists, yes, its great, yes, it had a fiddle in it!

And back to the topic- go here its very funny.

rofl

Oh. My. God.

I was laughing so hard I almost couldn't breathe, and I'm pretty sure I have a peice of Reeses stuck in my lungs.  

Duskalts

Dapper Duelist

16,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • 50 Wins 150

Sovawanea

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:24 pm
It irritates me greatly to hear you guys insult emo. Here's why:

What you're calling emo, isn't really emo. It's more like "post-emo indie rock" like http://www.fourfa.com/ says. Sure, the stereotypical kids with hair to one side and think rectangular glasses are lame. But don't insult emo when you don't know what it is: emotional hardcore.

If you can name a real emo band to hate, then fine, go ahead, I may even agree with you. But please don't call the stereotype an emo kid. He isn't emo. He's emotional. Believe it or not there's a difference... call it a different wave of emo.. that I don't like much either.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:57 pm
AgentM

What you're calling emo, isn't really emo. It's more like "post-emo indie rock" like http://www.fourfa.com/ says. Sure, the stereotypical kids with hair to one side and think rectangular glasses are lame. But don't insult emo when you don't know what it is: emotional hardcore.

If you can name a real emo band to hate, then fine, go ahead, I may even agree with you. But please don't call the stereotype an emo kid. He isn't emo. He's emotional. Believe it or not there's a difference... call it a different wave of emo.. that I don't like much either.
emo=emo the end so i must admit this is a first ive heard of "emotionally drivin punk"(i actually punched a kid in the mouth for even using taking back sunday and punk in the same sentence but emotionally drivin hardcore????WHT THE HELL IS THAT?!?!?!  

Midnights Lie

Midnights Lie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:58 pm
theres a band called cheap sex that sings a song called ******** emo its hillarious!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:26 pm
RAZORBLADE_SYMPHONY
AgentM

emo=emo the end so i must admit this is a first ive heard of "emotionally drivin punk"(i actually punched a kid in the mouth for even using taking back sunday and punk in the same sentence but emotionally drivin hardcore????WHT THE HELL IS THAT?!?!?!

I don't think that taking back sunday is punk either, definitely not (though I wouldn't punch anyone over the fact), neither is thursday, or the used, or whatever other band your thinking.

My problem is not that you don't like that kind of music, it's that you're calling it by the wrong name.

Listen to some true emo bands, and then we'll talk about whether it's good or not.  

Sovawanea

Midnights Lie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 pm
AgentM
RAZORBLADE_SYMPHONY
AgentM

I don't think that taking back sunday is punk either, definitely not (though I wouldn't punch anyone over the fact), neither is thursday, or the used, or whatever other band your thinking.

My problem is not that you don't like that kind of music, it's that you're calling it by the wrong name.

Listen to some true emo bands, and then we'll talk about whether it's good or not.
okay dashboard confessional feeling left out the spill canvas s**t like that its all the same point is i was in the em scene for a long while back then before it was big and i am offended by you trying to say that its "emotionally drivin hardcore" because its not emo wasnt hardcore at all in the begining it was what i like to call coffe shop music like the rocket summer they are uber emo but they are upbeat and not hardcore the least bit take it from someone who was in the scene for a long time it is all softcore music not emotionally drivin hardcore  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:57 pm
RAZORBLADE_SYMPHONY
okay dashboard confessional feeling left out the spill canvas s**t like that its all the same point is i was in the em scene for a long while back then before it was big and i am offended by you trying to say that its "emotionally drivin hardcore" because its not emo wasnt hardcore at all in the begining it was what i like to call coffe shop music like the rocket summer they are uber emo but they are upbeat and not hardcore the least bit take it from someone who was in the scene for a long time it is all softcore music not emotionally drivin hardcore

Dashboard is not emo.

The emo I'm talking about is from the mid-eighties. It's emotional hardcore.

I think I know what you're talking about, and from what I know of my definition of emo, they don't comply.

as fourfa.com explains:

"Phase one: "emocore" Rites of Spring, Embrace, Gray Matter, Ignition, Dag Nasty, Monsula, Fugazi kind of, Fuel, Samiam, Jawbreaker, Hot Water Music, Elliot, Friction, Soulside, early Lifetime, Split Lip/Chamberlain, Kerosene 454.

The "emocore" style has become broader over the years. In the beginning, these bands consisted mostly of people who played in hardcore punk bands, got burned out its limited forms, and moved to a guitar-oriented, midtempo rock-based sound with emotional punk vocals (i.e., no posed soulful crooning like pop music).

Phase two: "emo." Moss Icon, the Hated, Silver Bearings, Native Nod, Merel, Hoover, Current, Indian Summer, Evergreen, Navio Forge, Still Life, Shotmaker, Policy of Three, Clikatat Ikatowi, Maximillian Colby, Sleepytime Trio, Noneleftstanding, Embassy, Ordination of Aaron, Floodgate, Four Hundred Years, Frail, Lincoln, Julia, Shroomunion, some early Unwound, etc.

-Started in the DC area in 1987/88 with bands inspired by that area's post-hardcore acceptance of new, diverse sounds within the punk scene.

-Musically there's a lot dynamics between ultra-soft / whispered vocals / twinkly guitar bits and full-bore crashing / twin Gibson SG guitar roaring / screaming vocals.

The vocal style is usually much more intense than emocore, ranging from normal singing in the quiet parts to a kind of pleading howl to gut-wrenching screams to actual sobbing and crying.

Phase four: "post-emo indie rock" and post-emo post-hardcore. Sunny Day Real Estate, Christie Front Drive, Promise Ring, Mineral, Boys Life, Sideshow, Get-Up Kids, Braid, Cap'n Jazz, then later Joan of Arc, Jets To Brazil, etc. Lots of Caulfield and Crank! Records bands, more lately a lot of stuff on Jade Tree for instance.

-Anyone that claims to like both straight-edge and emo is probably talking about this kind of emo.

-By 1999, this type of music had achieved a fan base far larger than any of the original emo stuff. In fact, that's what prompted me to write this website in the first place - the glut of info on the web about this and the lack of a historical perspective. Statistically, you the reader are most likely to be familiar with this type of emo. In the years since then, it's only grown far, far bigger. Jimmy Eat World and Thursday are in regular rotation on MTV and many corporate alternative radio stations, and sappy music like this Dashboard Confessional fellow is pulling in a whole new audience.
"  

Sovawanea

Midnights Lie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:35 am
if i werent lazy im sure i could find hundreds of websites that argue in my defense just because on person is opinionated in one way or another we all define emo as something differant i say emo is what i think it is you say it is what you think iy is but in the end this was all pointless because neither of us came to find a truth just an opinion  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:39 pm
skankin-kakashi
probably like 14 bucks + tax + SEVERICE TAX!!!

I hate that everything has a convinence charge I hate it hate it hate O and I hate emo too, skemos make me laugh they contradict themselves all the time.  

skamatt

Red-Baron

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:56 pm
They arnt emotional, they are emotionLESS pieces of trendy garbage.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:33 pm
RAZORBLADE_SYMPHONY
if i werent lazy im sure i could find hundreds of websites that argue in my defense just because on person is opinionated in one way or another we all define emo as something differant i say emo is what i think it is you say it is what you think iy is but in the end this was all pointless because neither of us came to find a truth just an opinion

Too true, shall we call a truce?  

Sovawanea

Ivan The Somekinda-Punk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:07 pm
Fourcolour
girl_no_13
Fourcolour
girl_no_13
Nijah_D
eh I dont think its stupid or that it sux the only thing that sux to me is country and pop I listn to sum emo but that doesnt make me a cry baby or a depressed retard

I dont know if country music even exists in the UK, but from what I have heard thats a good thing!

We have folk music. Both country and folk are awesome though. In my experience the people that slate country haven't heard much of it.

Folk to me makes me think of folk dancing, therefore Irish dancing- yay! xd

Folk to me means 'punk in all but sound'.
I don't recall Brits being mistreated. Made fun of by Americans, yes, but then again, EVERY COUNTRY bashes the US (Even the US whee ), so quit complaining! xp  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff