Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Harry Potter Guild of Gaia
The Hogwarts Monthly! May Issue 2015 [OPEN READ ME] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you ready for the new issue !?
  Yes!!
  I didn't know we had a paper.
  Can I please be a writer !?
View Results

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:34 pm
»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«

Issue Name: November EXTRA 2011
Issue Number: 3.4
EDITOR:
Aunt Slappy

Table of Contents:
1. Table of Contents
2. News that Spreads Through The Halls
3. Birthdays
4. Special Dedication
5. Chocolate Frogs
6. Hagrid's Pet
7. Witch Weekly (entertainment)
8. Note from the Editor
9. Thanks to Staff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:35 pm

»News That Spreads Through The Halls«
(Announcements)

This is Calliope Wimple here, special correspondent to the inner workings of HPGoG, and what exciting news I have for you this month! I’m sure that many of you, like myself, have been wondering what’s been going on for the past two months. Repeatedly checking the Entrance Hall for updates from our beloved Headmaster, only to be disappointed again and again. Well readers, the word is out, readers! Our Headmaster has finally graced us with an appearance and a dragon’s helping of announcements as well! (See the Headmaster’s Announcement Here).

I don’t know about you, readers, but for me the announcement left some gnawing questions unanswered. Like, what is it that is so special about this anniversary? The Hogwarts Monthly, why now? What exactly is involved in this recruiting competition? Does he have a plan for our many house elves to be involved in this little contest? To answer these questions and others like them, I made the trip over to Professor Adonis’ office to get the inside scoop.

Upon seeing the Headmaster, the first thing that came out of my mouth was, “Did you enjoy your nap?” gonk I couldn’t help myself! The man was wearing nightclothes! Nightclothes! In the office! The headmaster simply chuckled and told me, “Nonsense! Far too much to do at such an important time of the year to be taking naps, I simply prefer to be comfortable as I go about my business. Now I believe you had some things you wanted to ask me.” That got me back on point and I sprung into the cross-examination. The Headmaster informed me that our little niche of the magical world settled down here on December 19, 2004 and that this event- or extravaganza as some are calling it, is to celebrate seven years of activity and devotion to our wizarding world.

Then we moved on to discuss the reviving of the Hogwarts Monthly, he simply then that “the Hogwarts Monthly has always been a distinguishing feature of our community. It does however, take a lot of work and dedication, many have tried to carry on the torch of mock-journalism but we always seem to find ourselves without an editor. However, I am very confident in this team, when Amelia Grey sent in her application for the job something clicked. Hufflepuffs thrive on hard work and loyalty, if there was ever going to be a good match for this periodical-- this is it, and I myself cannot wait for the December edition to come out.”

Next I questioned him about recruiting. I pointed out that giving bonus house point incentives for recruitment is all fun and dandy, but what about the house elves, why should they bother recruiting? He mulled my question over for a moment, fiddling with a scroll in his hand. “You have a point,” he said to me, “perhaps we have a contest in the makings… see I’ve got this Thank You Letter that I don’t want. I’ll have to check with my associates, but I think it is fairly safe to say that the top recruiter, be it student, elf, or teacher, has a very nice prize in store!”

As I left the Headmaster's office, eager to get recruiting, he gave me one last reminder, "Don't forget, classes end tomorrow, Friday the 17th! Better make sure you've got all your work done!"

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:37 pm

User Image

1- Onepiecegirl
3 – Summer_Breeze1507
16- Kyru Windwaker
16 – ???? ( See next Page)
26- Matthias Moriarty (Injustice-Shall-Fall )

If your birthday is in November but is not listed here, please post it in this thread. Make sure the guild knows of any name changes!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
November November 23-Novermber 30
November 1 to November 22

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:51 pm

User Image

Iceewitch, or as she is also known, Alicia Elf, has done more for the guild than most will ever know. An active and helpful member from the start, many years ago when KTweridchick (who was running the show at the time) seemed to be on an unannounced hiatus, things in HPGoG were starting to fall apart. But Icee stepped up and made sure that everything got done and that the guild would make it through. Under Icee’s watchful eye, the guild has not just made it through, it’s flourished beyond anyone’s wildest imagination. For years now Icee has given HPGoG her devotion, time, and creativity; done and been involved in just about everything that goes on in HPGoG, including being an editor of this very paper. She gives a lot of herself so that we-the rest of the members can get a truly unique experience.

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:52 pm

»Chocolate Frogs«

In honor of the impending HPGoG's 7 Year Anniversary SPECTACULAR! I bring to you an exclusive sneak peak of part at the events to come, made especially for this issue of the Hogwarts Monthly! These cards honor past members of the Hogwarts Monthly crew.

User Image
User Image

User Image
User Image

Cards Painstakingly Made by vivacious_red

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:53 pm

»Hagrid's PET«

This month for Hagrids pet we will take a look at the great, fearsome Basilisk.
A basilisk is a monstrous serpentine creature, it can grow up to fifty feet in length, and live for hundreds of years.
Basilisks are uncontrollable except by Parselmouths, and the first basilisk is believed to have been created by a Dark wizard and Parselmouth named Herpo the Foul.
Herpo made this discovery by attempting, with success, to hatch a chicken egg under a toad. A male basilisk has a scarlet plume on its head.
A basilisk kills both with its powerful venom and its eyes, which are immediately lethal to any creature who looks at them directly.
To anyone who looks at it indirectly, such as through a camera or in a reflection, it creates a profound state of petrification. Ghosts who look at it directly will become petrified, since they could not die a second time.
A phoenix tear is the only known cure for the devastating effect of the basilisk's venom.
Spiders flee from the Basilisk, as they are mortal enemies.
The basilisk flees only from the crowing of a rooster, which, if heard by the basilisk, is fatal.

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:56 pm

»Witch Weekly«
(Entertianment)

Every Hogwarts Monthly we will try our best to bring you an enjoyable comic page, for all of you enthusiastic readers! Now enjoy the following images and the link to a video, that with give you a good laugh rofl

AND: The link to the video:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:58 pm

»Note From the Editor«

This is Aunt Slappy here your new Editor and i would like everyone to take a seciond and read this image!
User Image

We are going to a sleeeping period where everyone seems to be as silent as ghosts......no offense to our ghosts, i think they are louder then many members.....just kidding....... cool what i really would like to know is did you like the HM? what would you like to see more of? Woul dyou be interested in writing for the paper? Anything what ever makes you happy about the paper, OR otherwise inform me here <-- Here specifically is the Editor's Office! Do not post in this forum, please and thank you and i hope you enjoy the paper!

If you are currently enrolled in any classes, They END the 18th that is this FRIDAY! so check out the Halls of Learning just in case you have not completed your lessons or finals for your classes, until the next Edition of the Hogwarts Monthly i bid you farewell.

Last Note: For those Who celebrate Thanksgiving, Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:17 pm

»Thank You to The Staff«

A Special Thanks You! Would be Given out to Our Wonderful Staff who put this "November EXTRA" together in such Sort Notice! Thank You Again to:
Amelia Grey (Aunt Slappy) Calliope Wimple (Vivacious-Red) Lana (The Queen Lana)
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
If You have any great ideas you would like to add to the paper, and would like to be apart of an amazing crew PM the MonthlyEditor or Aunt Slappy but before you do that visit the Editor's Office! and post your enthusiasm there!

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces