Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unashamed - A Christian Discussion Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

[OFF-TOPIC] Post here, earn gold!!!!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:24 pm
@Fushigi: Now that I have the net back, I'll have to pop in there more often, and do silly things like actually POST. xd

@Priestly: Don't feel too bad. I started noticing my grey hair at 17. Luckily it hasn't gotten worse since then. Especially since while I was married my wife loved to pull them out. stare  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:11 pm
Spike Zantrem's profile bothers me quite a bit. On the one hand, the lies his profile sponsors are despicable. On the other hand, he is just a kid. Any time I think something negative about him, I feel like I would be kicking a puppy.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:19 pm
Yeah, I felt the same way about his signature too. confused But, I'm trying to be open minded and understand his reasoning before I go making judgments. confused  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:33 pm
His profile has links to web sites that are filled with numerous false statements, as well as many insults for those who disagree. The only reasoning that I could accept is one of ignorance, which I suppose I could help combat by actually discussing the details.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:36 pm
Well yeah, if you wanna make discussion threads about the topics in his profile, be my guest. As long as you make it clear that you're not trying to attack him (even if you don't agree with his beliefs, even if his beliefs are baseless, etc.), and that it's just discussion inspired by his profile. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:06 pm
I think I will make a topic discussing at least some of what is in those links even though it seems somewhat silly to put that much effort into disproving something only I brought up.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Edith Puthie

Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:03 pm
Trouble in paradise again. x_x  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:56 pm
zz1000zz
I think I will make a topic discussing at least some of what is in those links even though it seems somewhat silly to put that much effort into disproving something only I brought up.

Yeah, but it might be worth discussing. 3nodding  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:46 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
zz1000zz

I thought it was interesting to read, "I'm really getting sick of this kind of attitude form people" in Spike Zantren's response. I do not believe there was any "attitude" in my post, but there was quite a bit in his.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:03 am
zz1000zz
Fushigi na Butterfly
zz1000zz

I thought it was interesting to read, "I'm really getting sick of this kind of attitude form people" in Spike Zantren's response. I do not believe there was any "attitude" in my post, but there was quite a bit in his.

Maybe he thinks a lack of attitude is one?
Or it could be the fact that we are online, and so what we type maybe misread by another person. :/  

Edith Puthie

Lunatic

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:29 am
I have no idea what attitude he was talking about, but I am fairly certain making personal attacks (like calling me a liar) is not an appropriate response to any I might have had.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:37 am
zz1000zz
I have no idea what attitude he was talking about, but I am fairly certain making personal attacks (like calling me a liar) is not an appropriate response to any I might have had.

I agree, it is a discussion, making personal attacks is rather... childish?

I mean, if you think about it, when you get to the point of making personal attacks, you feel cornered. x_x  

Edith Puthie

Lunatic

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:32 pm
Um...for the record, zz1000zz, you kinda seem to come off as a bit...condescending...at times... redface

Not so much in this case, though...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:56 pm
I think zz's just blunt. He doesn't wanna sugar-coat anything- feels there's no need. He calls them as he sees them. I think that's what starts most of the arguments between us and him. He's not trying to be offensive. 3nodding  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:57 pm
And hey, at least I have been consistently opposed to murder!  

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games