Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
~Tea~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:24 pm
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox
Any tsaines that are reasonably believed to help with anxiety issues that I could look into?

I'm trying to take on my IBS at its source; my anxiety.
I know what my Baba gave me growing up- but that doesn't mean it would be good for you to take. sweatdrop

I can be cautious with it if necessary.

Quote:
Any allergies?

Only one of the additives in cigarettes.  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:49 pm
TeaDidikai
Calixti
In all fairness, the Arizona green tea has ginseng and honey, and a lot of people aren't familiar with tea beyond Arizona, Lipton, and Snapple.
wink Lots of people aren't familiar with the scriptural nature of Satan either. That doesn't make their "Ooogy Boogy Devil Man" any less heretical. blaugh
Maybe some people like being heretics. wink  

Calixti

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:58 pm
Calixti
TeaDidikai
Calixti
In all fairness, the Arizona green tea has ginseng and honey, and a lot of people aren't familiar with tea beyond Arizona, Lipton, and Snapple.
wink Lots of people aren't familiar with the scriptural nature of Satan either. That doesn't make their "Ooogy Boogy Devil Man" any less heretical. blaugh
Maybe some people like being heretics. wink

HERESY!  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:00 pm
TeaDidikai
MoonJeli
Once, for my anxiety, my therapist had me give up tea. (No caffeine.)

Oh my god it was horrible. crying It didn't help though, so I'm right back to drinking it. Heh heh heh.
If you brew it correctly, there shouldn't be caffeine in it anyway. heart

I definitely don't get enough caffeine in my tea to make a difference. If I do get a dose of caffeine, such as the rare times that I have a pop or something, I get shaky -- so I know I'm not habituated to it. Oh Great Dragon, the one time someone gave me Excedrin Migraine without my looking at the ingredients -- I was soooooo sick. x_x Shaking and nauseous.

I do admit a horrible weakness -- and you'll probably think this sacrilegious -- for bubble tea. I'm very very picky about it, I hate that icy smoothie type that doesn't have any resemblance to tea. I like it with black or green tea, flavoring and/or soy milk (I know, I know!) and tapioca balls or crystal jellies, properly shaken. There's a bubble tea shop near me run by an awesome Taiwanese family that had a street cart in Taiwan before moving here, and that and Tao of Tea are the only places I'll get bubble tea. (Tao of Tea doesn't serve it anymore, but they had a spiced version that was DIVINE. At the bubble tea shop I get it without sugar added, which confuses some of the people who work there, and I have to assure them, no, seriously, no sugar, it's sweet enough!) Anyway, yes yes, I am ashamed of myself -- but that is probably the highest caffeine preparation of tea that I consume. I do feel that.  

MoonJeli

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:07 pm
I think of Bubble Tea the same way I think of green tea cake. It's "cooking" with tea, not serving tea. wink  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:22 pm
Whew! I'm not flamed out of the tea thread. wink  

MoonJeli

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:01 pm
MoonJeli
Whew! I'm not flamed out of the tea thread. wink
Me? Flame? Never!  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:25 pm
What is bubble tea?

Bancha is fast becoming very addictive!

I'm going to order some more tea in a week or two, but I'm stuck for what to get! I want something I haven't tried before!  

patch99329

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:56 pm
patch99329
What is bubble tea?

Bancha is fast becoming very addictive!

I'm going to order some more tea in a week or two, but I'm stuck for what to get! I want something I haven't tried before!

Rainforest chai? Marks and Spencers real English tea? xP  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:34 pm
patch99329
What is bubble tea?

It is tea with balls of tapioca in them.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

MoonJeli

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:41 pm
Deoridhe
patch99329
What is bubble tea?

It is tea with balls of tapioca in them.

It's originally Taiwanese. It was sold in little shops and street vendors, and eventually spread through most Eastern Asian countries. The bubble part actually refers to the way it's "shaken" or "bubbled", and thus has bubbles form on top.

It is often served with tapioca balls (also called "pearl" tea), but there are a lot of variations like pudding, jellies, or other chewable textured stuff. It's often flavored and served sweetened with milk or dairy-free creamer (very common because many East Asians are lactose intolerant). In bubble tea shops, it is typically served in plastic cups that have tops sealed onto them with a machine, shaken, and then pierced with a gigantic straw for sucking up the jellies or tapioca balls.

There are variations, such as slushies (supposedly they have tea in them, ground up with ice, milk and flavoring). That's the most common "Americanized" version and I think it's nasty. Heh.

My favorite is with jellies with fruit bits in them. I love tapioca balls too. I made my mom try one once, and... well, it wasn't pretty. She says they feel like frog eggs or eyeballs. wink

And in other tea heresy, I had a Thai iced tea today. One of the best I ever had. I love this vegan restaurant run by a lovely Vietnamese couple (some of the most generous, kind people I've ever met). The woman told me she tried five different kinds and many experiments before she was satisfied enough to start selling it, and that she made her husband try each one at many different brewing lengths and techniques, and her husband was begging her to stop. *lol* It was actually very good.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:38 am
Cha-yen is in the same boat with Bubble Tea.  

TeaDidikai

Ainwyn

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:31 am
My short stint in Thailand got me addicted to Thai milk tea, but I have no idea how to make it other than that it's some sort of tea that's an orange color, ice and condensed milk. So, so good! And absolutely perfected for quenching your thirst when it's well passed 100 F and humid to the point you have balls of sweat dripping down your face while just standing in the shade... Any ideas as to what kind of tea they use?

Also, I found this a while ago, though there is some heresy involved so I hadn't wanted to post it before... for your listening enjoyment: Cup of Brown Joy  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:44 pm
I am in orgasmic infatuation with Oly's new Tea and Coffee House. heart

It's atmosphere reminds me of a circus on the other side of the looking glass. twisted  

TeaDidikai

eartha oak

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:00 pm
if you want to relax and or you are having trouble trying to sleep try making chamomeal tea add a but of sugar to sweeten it or it will taste kinda bitter/bland and add milk and you be relaxed and ready to drift off into the dream world.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games