Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Comedy Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:01 pm
New QI, it makes life so much more rosy..  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:58 pm
Moomba666
Yeah it's a damn shame you don't get to experience the joy that is British comedy. You need UK Gold (a channel that shows British comedy and drama all day). I doubt they broadcast to America though sad
America really needs to look into British comedy more, i mean sure they gave The Office awards but then they go on to make an American version of the show! scream

I agree. We're forced to watch enough of their crap, after all. Why don't they show our comedy in the US?

Maybe they're frightened that if they show British comedy, nobody will want to watch theirs anymore. Maybe it's because a certain level of intelligence is required to understand our humour. Maybe it's because our genuine comedy will break the influence of the subliminal mind alteration scheme controlled by rabbit- like creatures from a distant planet, that will eventually lead to the demise of the entire human race.

Who knows?  

Dark Pieman

Dark Pieman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:06 pm
Has anyone said Mighty Boosh yet?  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:57 am
Invictus_88

..it was only a repeat. Pity.  

Invictus_88
Captain

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 3:20 am
Invictus_88
Invictus_88

..it was only a repeat. Pity.

Yep, the new series is scheduled for November. Featuring the letter D!  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:15 am
it's all about two pints of larger and a packet of crisps  

Sashmo

Panthino the Moth

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:27 pm
I met Rik Mayall! mrgreen He signed my 'Vote B'stard' rosette.  
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:45 am
Panthino the Moth

Oooh! Celeb moment. whee  

ficklefiend
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 7:41 am
Panthino the Moth

Cool! Was this at one of the B'stard shows then?  
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:45 pm
Alright so I was going to read through all 18 pages but then I got a little tired.

So that being the situation I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet but : Dr. Who! Ha! I love that show both the old and the new version. My father and I have stayed up many nights to watch it. (For it only plays late at night/early morning here.)

I know someone mentioned The Black Adder, but it's up there on my list of 'things that make me laugh'.

The Monty Python movies must be noted, as they have been, however I must say as one who has experienced it: The broadway musical was amazing. Spamalot with Tim Curry as King Arthur shall forever be ingrained into my mind.

Now I have a question...

Does anyone know the name of the show where there is a group of men on board a spaceship and they travel around to a bunch of planets. It's really a great comedy I can't remember too many details. I do know there was a hologram and a super computer and it was made in the 80's or maybe even the 70's. I remember their was one guy who had a mullet and he wasn't human.. and there was a girl... wow this is stretching it isn't it? Anyway if anyone has any idea what I am babbling about please let me know.  

Devils Obsession

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:00 pm
Red Dwarf?  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:01 pm
Invictus_88
Red Dwarf?

Sounds about right...  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:07 pm
I've just seen Fawlty Towers and 'Allo 'Allo back to back on Channel 4, that channel is winning my admiration.

EDIT: Nay. BBC2. C4 is still damned.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:54 pm
Lady of Spain
Invictus_88
Red Dwarf?

Sounds about right...

Yes you guys are awesome! That's what it was. I don't even know how you got the name out of my description but thanks!  

Devils Obsession

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:53 am
Devils Obsession
Lady of Spain
Invictus_88
Red Dwarf?

Sounds about right...

Yes you guys are awesome! That's what it was. I don't even know how you got the name out of my description but thanks!

http://groovetown.co.uk/features/rdfeatures/dreamtheme/themedownloads.php

http://reddwarf.myrealm.co.uk/rd_sound.htm

3nodding  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games