Welcome to Gaia! ::

The RPS Guild: Dungeon Crawls For All

Back to Guilds

The RPS Guild is for RPing using the simply-named Roleplaying System (RPS) to manage combat. 

Tags: Role Play, Fantasy, Dungeon, Adventure, System 

Reply RPS Guild
The first DM discussion thread.(Current topic:Recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Master of Gladiators

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:07 pm
Don't forget Firu...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:10 pm
Oh, true. Oh, and now I'm not as busy. The person who I was running the individual tournament just signed off.

Well, one person could do page 1-2, one could do 3-4, another could do 5-6, and the last could do 7-8.  

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:12 pm
You can do whichever pages you want, and they don't have to be done in order. As long as they get done, that's what's important.

And where the heck is Firu, anyway?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:49 pm
Ok, I found out that if we did the pages it would take forever. I decided to just go to the active adventureres roster and anyone I haven't seen for a while I search under friend list to see their last log on.  

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:57 pm
I just finished the whole list of people with characters but haven't posted or stopped. ^_^ So, now we need to make a friendly invite template to send!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:17 pm
Holy cow, that was fast! Well, divy up the assignments, and I'll whip up a rough draft for everyone's perusal.

speaking of everyone...did anyone besides me notice that Kail's gone poof too? Where is everyone?! Fargore's in bed, but everyone else has just kinda disappeared...  

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:22 pm
I'm here, I;m just filling out 50 different documents for my Coast Guard recruiter, who by chance isn't actually helping me through it at all, despite it being her job.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:22 pm
I'll PM you a list of the people right now so we can split it up.  

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:36 pm
All right, guys, here's something for you to chew on:

Hi! Long time no see!

Your RPS Guild misses you...we've noticed that it's been a while since you threw your weight around. The goblins are getting upity, and the skeletons and zombies haven't had a good beat-down in far too long. We'd sure love it if you could swing by and help us slay a dragon or two, maybe stay for a while and help yourself to some of our new, improved treasure of +5 Awesomeness. You in? With all kinds of new abilities and system additions, it's sure to be a ball (a fireball, that is).

((Kowsauni - at this time of night?! Holy crap - what did you bribe her with?))  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:43 pm
No, this is on my own. She has been more of a hindrance then a help. I'm trying to get most of this done this weekend though it will surly trail into next week. Its a long agonizing story of miscommunication I don't want to drudge up right now. Needles to say its now the last minute and I have about 2 weeks to get all this stuff in for the CSPI program.  

Kowsauni
Crew

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:45 pm
tsk tsk...sounds not fun. sad
Well, hopefully you get it straightened out. Paperwork can be a royal pain, particularly if it gets misfiled.

so - any comments/complaints/additions to the letter? other than that I misspelled "uppity"? (I will fix it in the actual letter).  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:47 pm
l.a.v.

Hi! Long time no see!

Your RPS Guild misses you...we've noticed that it's been a while since you threw your weight around. The goblins are getting upity, and the skeletons and zombies haven't had a good beat-down in far too long. We'd sure love it if you could swing by and help us slay a dragon or two, maybe stay for a while and help yourself to some of our new, improved treasure of +5 Awesomeness. You in? With all kinds of new abilities and system additions, it's sure to be a ball (a fireball, that is).

hee, its cute. I'm afraid I don't have much to add at the moment. Looks fine to me.  

Kowsauni
Crew

DM of Death

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:02 pm
Ohhhhh... I'm a Libra... I can't make up my mind!!!! Someone just assign me something and I'll get it done!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:40 pm
Well since I’ve been free today I have compiled all the adventurers stats into a single post. Now all we have to do is move the inactive ones so we can put them in alphabetical order. Then maintaining it and finding stuff should be really easy.

And by popular request.
Item creation.

Item creation will share the forum with organizations.

To create an item you will require three things
Formula: issued by a DM
Items: combined to create item
Time: real life time it takes to make the item

An item has to be balanced for RPS regardless of what is taken to make it. Meaning you can’t take three months and 10 divine ramuna to make a dagger with E1, attack +10. That’s not what this is for. The purpose is to allow characters to make special items that they can’t seem to find or suite their characters have special effects that they would like to have.

Basic formulas to use as examples
Dagger: elixir of action, 3 days (elixirs of action and magic are used to represent effort and cost of creation, takes about 3 days per a equip cost, but can vary from that)

Stun Bolt: energy burst, stunning blow, elixir of magic x2, 6 days (note: takes a little more expensive ingredients because a dagger can be bought in the store while Stun bolt is a special item that is only found, takes about 3 days per a MP cost but can vary from that)

Meteor: Fireball, Smash x 2, elixir of action x2, 9 days (you can create a find only item with items purchasable from the store)

Sword of nine Clouds: Chain sword, Spirit bracer, Elixir of action x5, 15 days (a really powerful item like this would require some very special ingredients)

Broom: Rage Amulet, elixir of action x2, 6 days (it’s not that powerful or different from the item your making it out of, note the use of something that has similar powers to make it)

Wand: elixir of magic x1, Apprentice's Amulet, charge coin x 3, 3 days (still cost less to make then to buy but requires charge coins to make since it uses charges)

Spider Bot: elixir of action x 2, Energy Sword, 6 days (duration based off of CP instead of equip, beast masters can make any kind of pet of any CP this is just an example of how they would make a spider bot)

Phoenix Robe “E6, Phoenix”: elixir of magic x2, Heal (spell) x 2m, 18 days (a very nice item, powerful but cost a lot and requires a lot of time to make and items that are kind of hard to get, but it’s probably still easer then getting an AP Phoenix and it’s an item)

I hope this gives a good idea of how item creation would look. I tried to make an example of most basic situations I could think up.

Now this is where the Miner DM’s are really going to shine. I’m going to give Minor DM’s the power to decide on formulas. There will be a formula post listing ones that have already been made. If a Minor DM is not sure about something (or they are getting their hands full) they can just send it up to me and I will take care of it. So the Minors can delegate some work to me if they are getting to busy. A player is only to send a formula request to one miner DM to avoid overworking them and mixed results.

Questions, comments or concerns?  

FARGORE
Captain

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:55 pm
Fargore, would a list of the people who are active on Gaia but not in RPS with their character be any help to you? I made that list yesterday.  
RPS Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games