Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Painting Advice/Show-off thread. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:28 am

Daemon Prince?

What parts did you use?

-Mykal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:20 pm
A.R.G.U.S Mykal

Daemon Prince?

What parts did you use?

-Mykal
One Daemon Prince model for 40k, one Flesh Hound Head 4, one CLASSIC Bloodthirster Axe 1 (from the COLLECTORS part of the site), wings from the Winged Nightmare.
Then a ******** of putty and pinning. it's pose has been entirely re-positioned.  

Ophiuchus

ravener2759

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:46 pm
Ophiuchus

words fail me....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:10 pm
ravener2759
Ophiuchus

words fail me....
That good or bad?  

Ophiuchus

ravener2759

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:15 pm
good, that sculpting is great, especially on the sword.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:04 pm

The only think I dislike is the neck. It looks a bit like a log. other than that, looks good.

Good luck painting that beast.

-Mykal

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

King Kento

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:49 pm
Cnt wait to see a painted version.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:16 pm
Mykal, on your sorc, is all the green part the glow from the plasma pistol? Because if so, 1) that is a very very glowy weapon, and 2) from what I can tell, the edges of the lighted area look a little too sharp. They should fade more.  

Tableau

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:47 pm
Tableau
Mykal, on your sorc, is all the green part the glow from the plasma pistol? Because if so, 1) that is a very very glowy weapon, and 2) from what I can tell, the edges of the lighted area look a little too sharp. They should fade more.

Yeah, luckily that was just a practice. I need a few more goes before I try it on a master model. I wish I had like...a tutorial or...something more live.
I dunno if anyone at an actual GW store would know how to do that stuff, it's really not GW stuff, it's more...Golden Demon.

-Mykal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:45 pm
Why on earth would light fade so quickly at such a close range? Plasma is what composes the sun, why would it not glow so much?
I do understand what you mean, but at the same time... not so much.  

Andreis

Tableau

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:21 pm
A.R.G.U.S Mykal
Tableau

Yeah, luckily that was just a practice. I need a few more goes before I try it on a master model. I wish I had like...a tutorial or...something more live.
I dunno if anyone at an actual GW store would know how to do that stuff, it's really not GW stuff, it's more...Golden Demon.

-Mykal
I would seggest that you check out this article. I've been looking into it, because I'm planning on doing some lighting effects of my own.

@ Andreis, I'd like to point out that the sun is billions and billions of times larger than that plasma pistol, and also, not that much plasma light would spill out. It has to be contained afterall.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:14 pm
cool article.... ill have to try that sometime. the ink version would be easier, but the necron one looks much cooler.  

ravener2759

Tableau

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:05 pm
ravener2759
cool article.... ill have to try that sometime. the ink version would be easier, but the necron one looks much cooler.
Well, I have a lot more experience with drybrushing, so I think I'll do it that way.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:48 am
Well, I just now took some more pictures of my models. For some reason, I simply cannot make the models non-blurry...

Sister of Battle
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/rashakiya/Warhammer/Sister1.jpg

Steel Legion
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/rashakiya/Warhammer/Legion2.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/rashakiya/Warhammer/Legion1.jpg

Now, for some reason the Steel Legion soldiers seem almost glossy in the photos, but they arne't actually like that. Are there any suggestions for what I can do to improve upon my painting? (And I know, there's a lot to be done...)  

Xenos Mortium

SkuIIy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:06 am
I hope posting this is alright, as people seem to be posting 40k and this is Fantasy. If not then I'm sorry.

Here's some pictures of my Champion of Chaos Undivided, what does everyone think?

Back
Side
Front  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games