Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:35 pm
You don't believe in "God." Fine. You think science is the only way to know about our world. Wrong, but I don't really care to correct you on that anymore.

No, that does not give you the right to say all religious people are wrong, snipe my comments and take them out of context, and continue to try to provoke me with your stupid ******** comments. ******** you.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:16 pm
Recursive Paradox
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Recursive Paradox
You know what would be ******** awesome? If people in the GLB....(t?) group at my school stop using transphobic slurs as actual viable words for trans folk.

I'm not a goddamn tranny, none of my trans siblings are goddamn trannies and I'm ******** tired of my so called safe spaces being destroyed one by one, you goddamn privileged ******** class="clear">
Is it a bad thing that the first reaction I had was "Why are they calling you a transmission?"

Because that's what a "tranny" is to me, having worked with cars.

Not when it actually got me to laugh and cheered me up a little. Not a bad thing at all.
Well in that case, the station I worked at was called tranny top-off. In which I topped off the transmission fluid.

You can just imagine the looks I got from people when I told them that.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:19 pm
True Colours of Destiny
Recursive Paradox
You know what would be ******** awesome? If people in the GLB....(t?) group at my school stop using transphobic slurs as actual viable words for trans folk.

I'm not a goddamn tranny, none of my trans siblings are goddamn trannies and I'm ******** tired of my so called safe spaces being destroyed one by one, you goddamn privileged ******** class="clear">

I find it kind of odd. The GLBTQ (etc) communities up here are a lot more tolerant of transgendered/sexual people than from what I perceive to what happens in America.

The second thing is "safe space". Apparently, the University of Waterloo will not label any place, not even the GLBTQ office, a "positive safe space". Because that would apparently be acknowledging there's "negative space". stare

The university admin "fired" the previous service co-ordinator because he kept asking questions into the issue and he's out of school for 2 terms. gonk
Ontario universities are really bad for safe spaces. I think the OPIRG office was one at Windsor, but the other one I flat out refused to enter on account of being called the "Womyn's Centre" stare

No, thank you.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:34 pm
Calixti
I love it when random people see my sig and decide to PM me to inform me how wrong wrong wrongity-wrong I am about the r-word.

Man, I never get that. Why does everyone else get the odd PM's and I get people forwarding autism articles?

What does a girl have to do to bring on the random PMs?  

maenad nuri
Captain

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:03 pm
maenad nuri
Calixti
I love it when random people see my sig and decide to PM me to inform me how wrong wrong wrongity-wrong I am about the r-word.

Man, I never get that. Why does everyone else get the odd PM's and I get people forwarding autism articles?

What does a girl have to do to bring on the random PMs?

I can PM you from a mule asking some inane question if that would make you feel better.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:08 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Recursive Paradox
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Recursive Paradox

Is it a bad thing that the first reaction I had was "Why are they calling you a transmission?"

Because that's what a "tranny" is to me, having worked with cars.

Not when it actually got me to laugh and cheered me up a little. Not a bad thing at all.
Well in that case, the station I worked at was called tranny top-off. In which I topped off the transmission fluid.

You can just imagine the looks I got from people when I told them that.

*snerk*

Depending on how well I was doing, seeing that would either make me laugh or cry.

Celeblin Galadeneryn
Ontario universities are really bad for safe spaces. I think the OPIRG office was one at Windsor, but the other one I flat out refused to enter on account of being called the "Womyn's Centre" stare

No, thank you.

Ugh. ******** goddamn cissexist, transphobic stupid exclusionist feminist resources. It makes me want to throw things. They don't even realize that they sound exactly like chauvinists do. EXACTLY the same.  

Recursive Paradox

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:02 pm
Sometimes the only way to win is by redefining your victory conditions. ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:05 pm
Fiddlers Green
Sometimes the only way to win is by redefining your victory conditions. ninja

That applies so concretely right now, only it's the other guy who's doing it, which makes me rather frustrated.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Aino Ailill

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:17 am
What the <********> hell?! A person is not raped merely because e derived some physical pleasure from it? ******** you. I seriously hope you do not vote or otherwise work to influence law.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:02 am
I really love it when stupid ******** pretend that their personal experiences and needs apply to everyone around them without context or reason.

Just cuz you're desperate to get laid that you'd be fine with being objectified doesn't mean I'm ******** lucky due to how I'm treated, you ********.  

Recursive Paradox

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:12 pm
Is there any safe place anymore?
Was there ever, or was there only the illusion of safety.
When we designate a place as "safe" do we imply other places are not, and thus promote fear in the world? When we designate a place as "safe" and it is violated, do we not work to erode the trust in the world?

In the summation, I reckon we are only so safe as we make ourselves, as we can guarantee ourselves... and that ain't always much what with the advances in ways to hurt far outstripping the ways to protect against them.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:00 am
Fiddlers Green
Is there any safe place anymore?
Was there ever, or was there only the illusion of safety.
When we designate a place as "safe" do we imply other places are not, and thus promote fear in the world? When we designate a place as "safe" and it is violated, do we not work to erode the trust in the world?

In the summation, I reckon we are only so safe as we make ourselves, as we can guarantee ourselves... and that ain't always much what with the advances in ways to hurt far outstripping the ways to protect against them.

=(

It reminds me of the idea that it's really easy to destroy things in many different ways, but it's very difficult to build them up.  

Ashley the Bee

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:05 pm
Ashley the Bee
=(

It reminds me of the idea that it's really easy to destroy things in many different ways, but it's very difficult to build them up.

Destruction is easy.
Creation is difficult.
It is ironic to me that it is far easier to clear the way, than it is to make use of the now open area.
However, mayhaps a things fragility, mayhaps how very difficult it is to make gives it some worth in the perception of some. It is tempting to overlook how precious something that is common and simple is.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:38 am
So, Friday my work computer crashes and I can't do about 50% of my job. Due to that I missed important e-mails that have made other peoples work more difficult or not allowed them to work at all. I just got it back yesterday afternoon about an hour before I left.

Then Sunday when I'm covering a co-workers shift so she can recover from the party everyone else in the office was invited to, 2 post-op rabbits crash, 1 guinea pig dies, I can't get a hold of the vet on call and then I get locked inside the facility when I finally got the chance to leave.

Then Monday after practicing a procedure for months, I tried to demonstrate my abilities to my supervisor so that I can perform the procedure and my co-workers don't always have to do it, I fail miserbly.

Tuesday I spent all day in surgery with one animal, not hard just long. I didn't get to have lunch until 3:00.

I'm on again this Sunday and the following Saturday. I'm getting burnt out. And we're booked solid for the next few weeks. I need a day, even a half day off or I'm just gonna lose it.  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:20 am
Shearaha
So, Friday my work computer crashes and I can't do about 50% of my job. Due to that I missed important e-mails that have made other peoples work more difficult or not allowed them to work at all. I just got it back yesterday afternoon about an hour before I left.

Then Sunday when I'm covering a co-workers shift so she can recover from the party everyone else in the office was invited to, 2 post-op rabbits crash, 1 guinea pig dies, I can't get a hold of the vet on call and then I get locked inside the facility when I finally got the chance to leave.

Then Monday after practicing a procedure for months, I tried to demonstrate my abilities to my supervisor so that I can perform the procedure and my co-workers don't always have to do it, I fail miserbly.

Tuesday I spent all day in surgery with one animal, not hard just long. I didn't get to have lunch until 3:00.

I'm on again this Sunday and the following Saturday. I'm getting burnt out. And we're booked solid for the next few weeks. I need a day, even a half day off or I'm just gonna lose it.

I know exactly how that feels. I say fake sick and take a day off. Yes, we're responsible adults. Yes, it will ******** up everyone else's schedule. But if that's what you need to function, you're not going to do as much good as you want to by just staying and suffering.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games