Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

Drachyench

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:16 am

x.Shino.x
DarkElf27
x.Shino.x
stressed I hate that! I swear my whole school is populated by gangster posers, only about 20% of the school isnt!

Its sad though because ive known most of them for a really long time and I can still remember back into 5th grade where everyone was obsessed with pop music and they would dress as such, now its gangster rap and its funny because they all consider pop to be gay.......even though they where all so in it a few years ago. I wonder when this fad will end?
I feel your pain...

emo sigh..I cant even read a Daemon hunters novel without being asked what it is, followed by a futile attempt to explain it...

xp Over about 2 days I read at least 100 Pages of the Eisenhorn Omni-Bus in school, I've re-read Guants-Ghosts books in school before, etc. No one knows what 40K is, really.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:37 am

Some view it as art, others rank it up with the seedy pulp novels and comics, it's an eye of the beholder thing.

One thing I did achieve while at school was that people would leave me alone when I was reading. Back then I was addicted to reading and I would read whenever I had the chance, so depraving me of my hit of pages was not a good thing to do.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

x.Shino.x

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:20 pm

DarkElf27
x.Shino.x
DarkElf27
x.Shino.x
stressed I hate that! I swear my whole school is populated by gangster posers, only about 20% of the school isnt!

Its sad though because ive known most of them for a really long time and I can still remember back into 5th grade where everyone was obsessed with pop music and they would dress as such, now its gangster rap and its funny because they all consider pop to be gay.......even though they where all so in it a few years ago. I wonder when this fad will end?
I feel your pain...

emo sigh..I cant even read a Daemon hunters novel without being asked what it is, followed by a futile attempt to explain it...
Funny thing is, when I was making up a day in Drivers Ed, the guy 2 seats in front of me was writing up a Space Marine army list, had his codex out and everything...

neutral seriously?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:25 pm

Okay, I don't know where else to put this, so I'm going to say it here. I love my local used book store. Today I bought the Eye of Terror Codex, the first Imperial Armour book, an old Eldar Codex, and an old Sisters of Battle Codex for $17. I was going to get the old Imperial Guard one with the Catachan on the front and another one, which would have been another $7, but I didn't want to blow the rest of my money.

Xenos Mortium

x.Shino.x

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:27 pm

Xenos Mortium
Okay, I don't know where else to put this, so I'm going to say it here. I love my local used book store. Today I bought the Eye of Terror Codex, the first Imperial Armour book, an old Eldar Codex, and an old Sisters of Battle Codex for $17. I was going to get the old Imperial Guard one with the Catachan on the front and another one, which would have been another $7, but I didn't want to blow the rest of my money.

eek WHAT A BARGAIN!!! Im so jelouse crying , what store is this exactly?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:29 pm

x.Shino.x
Xenos Mortium

eek WHAT A BARGAIN!!! Im so jelouse crying , what store is this exactly?
It's a used book store, but they also have CDs, textbooks, movies, and games, as well as the occasional console. Everything they sell also is in like perfect condition, so if a CD has like an insignifigant scratch on it, they take it down to like half the price they were going to sell it at.

Xenos Mortium

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:41 pm

x.Shino.x
DarkElf27
x.Shino.x
DarkElf27
x.Shino.x

I feel your pain...

Funny thing is, when I was making up a day in Drivers Ed, the guy 2 seats in front of me was writing up a Space Marine army list, had his codex out and everything...

neutral seriously?
3nodding
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:42 pm

gonk I want to get a Grey Knights army but theyre so goddamn expensive! crying I guess ill stick to my good ol' Tau for now.

x.Shino.x

Big Boss OBrien

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:47 pm

x.Shino.x
gonk I want to get a Grey Knights army but theyre so goddamn expensive! crying I guess ill stick to my good ol' Tau for now.

On the upside you can make a thousand point army with one squad of Grey Knights. mrgreen
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:18 pm

I don't think removing things should count as an update for the GW upcoming previews. *grumbles, fooled again*

Big Boss OBrien

WNxHotSoup

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:49 pm

DarkElf27
x.Shino.x
DarkElf27
x.Shino.x
DarkElf27
x.Shino.x

I feel your pain...

neutral seriously?
3nodding
nice. ive sen a few in school. But to explain a 40k novel to gangsters, try saying somehting liek this:

"So my brothas form the east side go busting up the freaks in the south side for reprsenting the wrong guys, they went over there and shot em up dead." if this fails run like hell cause they about to "pop a cap in your a**".

Oh, grey knights are nothing, to Do Templars Right you have to pay 60$ for a single 10 man plastic squad. They look alsome as hell, but still. And not even countign the neophytes........
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:20 pm

NightPredator11
DarkElf27
x.Shino.x
DarkElf27
x.Shino.x

neutral seriously?
3nodding
nice. ive sen a few in school. But to explain a 40k novel to gangsters, try saying somehting liek this:

"So my brothas form the east side go busting up the freaks in the south side for reprsenting the wrong guys, they went over there and shot em up dead." if this fails run like hell cause they about to "pop a cap in your a**".

Oh, grey knights are nothing, to Do Templars Right you have to pay 60$ for a single 10 man plastic squad. They look alsome as hell, but still. And not even countign the neophytes........

Arent neophytes 50 dollars? That seems rather large in comparison to my 30 dollar grey knights squad domokun .

x.Shino.x

Big Boss OBrien

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:43 pm

x.Shino.x
NightPredator11
DarkElf27
x.Shino.x
DarkElf27
x.Shino.x

neutral seriously?
3nodding

Arent neophytes 50 dollars? That seems rather large in comparison to my 30 dollar grey knights squad domokun .

Neophytes are only scouts, and a squad of scouts is cheaper than marines anyway (Not to mention you won't have as many.) you don't have to use the templar upgrade. =P Or you could spread it out more, instead of pimping out each squad.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:20 pm

Seth Declan
x.Shino.x
NightPredator11
DarkElf27
x.Shino.x

neutral seriously?
3nodding

Neophytes are only scouts, and a squad of scouts is cheaper than marines anyway (Not to mention you won't have as many.) you don't have to use the templar upgrade. =P Or you could spread it out more, instead of pimping out each squad.

I guess I could do that with Grey Knights squads at only 25 points each, although each one is 30 bucks, Grey Knights are already pretty formidable..

x.Shino.x

Daemon_King

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:08 pm

How much could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck would?
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games